ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#81 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

Eek, the proportions are off. The pull-ins are too small for how tall the towers are. The diagonal supports on the bottom should take up roughly 1/2 the height of the tower and be wider at the base. I'm not sure if you were trying to copy the supports or design custom ones, but it bugs me to see those supports done wrong.
That looks like a ton of effort though. Props on your hard work!

#82 jacobc0aster

jacobc0aster

no coaster, no life

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

:o! That's alot of work having to rebuild the whole thing.. when it was basically done :P

#83 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

I really like the idea of making an inverted boomerang like Deja Vu, good choice!

Posted Image

#84 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Eek, the proportions are off. The pull-ins are too small for how tall the towers are. The diagonal supports on the bottom should take up roughly 1/2 the height of the tower and be wider at the base. I'm not sure if you were trying to copy the supports or design custom ones, but it bugs me to see those supports done wrong.
That looks like a ton of effort though. Props on your hard work!

The proportions are much better on this then they were on the previous design. (As I was approaching a 6 foot lift for that one).

The towers are actually close to 50-50, the tubes being just over 3 feet,on just less then 7 foot tower.
Yes I realize the pull ins are tighter then they should be, but I to hold the start of the pull in because of clearance to go thru the tower (which ends up tightening everything up).

Support placements and widths and etc. are a compromise between what the real coaster has and what I feel is feasible with the base grid and my ability.
While I do try to mimic real life, I feel there are limitations and I am fine with these imperfections, as it has been discussed before 99% of the people who see this have no idea. It matters more that it works properly then it looks identical to real life.

:o! That's alot of work having to rebuild the whole thing.. when it was basically done :P

Yes it is a lot of work, but I feel this is a much better suited ride visually, and should provide a totally different feel for visitors

I really like the idea of making an inverted boomerang like Deja Vu, good choice!

Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#85 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Not enough building has been done to give a build update, but I did build the train cars ( I needed to test to weight of the trains on the lift magnet and the train held nicely vertical on the lift).

Here is the train for ReAction

full train
Posted Image

along side the train
Posted Image

the "front" seat
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#86 CduckettC

CduckettC

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Awesome I love the restraints made out of knex :D!, also what is underneath your train?

#87 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

It all looks great to me! How are your seats when it comes to rigidity? They look a little free-spinning, but that's a guess. I love the restraints and new lift hills. It'll be a nice thrill and an amazing coaster!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#88 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

amazing now i´m going to fly to usa, using my dragon powers and going to get really small and ride the coaster when it´s finished! :)

#89 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

If it's a Giant Inverted Boomerang, shouldn't the seats be like Deja Vu's seats?

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#90 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Awesome I love the restraints made out of knex :D!, also what is underneath your train?

You are referring to that goo-ish looking stuff in the coaches? Curious too :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#91 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

^ Me thinks its the weights for the train

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#92 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

hot glue. (it is my weight for the trains (thought I would try something new, maybe a bit too heavy) and to help dudden the sound.)

It all looks great to me! How are your seats when it comes to rigidity? They look a little free-spinning, but that's a guess. I love the restraints and new lift hills. It'll be a nice thrill and an amazing coaster!

CA glue solves the rotation issue.

amazing now i´m going to fly to usa, using my dragon powers and going to get really small and ride the coaster when it´s finished! :)

If I mount my minicam on the train will that work for you?

If it's a Giant Inverted Boomerang, shouldn't the seats be like Deja Vu's seats?

custom seating :) (actually I do not have clearance to make wider seats that is all. and decided I like the Invertigo style seating better)

You are referring to that goo-ish looking stuff in the coaches? Curious too :)

Hot glue (If this works well, next time I am going to use less).

I got some of the parts I was waiting for in the mail today, so maybe if I feel motivated I will work on the ride tomorrow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#93 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

WOW it has been 6 months since I posted an update for this build, and the funny thing it, I really have not done much on this in those 6 months. This has to be my must frustrating build to date.

For not I am trudging forward with things.

I WILL REBUILD THE LOOP!! (though for now it is staying as is until I can muster up the patience to rebuild it.)

this update is just to show that I have been building. and that this is not dead, but the track is not secured I do not know if I will leave the boomerang as positioned or not. (actually if someone wants to do a draw-over I am fine with that), as I feel like I look my reference pictures and build and adjust and look and adjust and I am just not pleased with how things are turning out to look.

But I'll let you guys see where I am at anyways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

station will be squeezed into this area... this should be interesting??!!
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#94 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

There are a lot of straight spots in it, but I have no doubt you'll fix that. Where is the yellow tubing from? That's a lot of blue rods, ickus. ;)
Edit: How do I do a draw over?

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#95 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

It looks awesome I can't wait till it's finished. I'm happier to see this Giant Inverted Boomerang rather than another original made out of k'nex.

#96 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Supports are superb, shaping is bad - but I'm sure you will fix that. About the last picture, underground station?

#97 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Nice it`s looking like Dejavu. Good luck Ickus.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#98 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

No offense but that loop looks awful, even I can build better. Sorry, but it is true, and by the looks of my signature, you can see I am the inversion murderer, I hate making them, and then they look bad, but I am sure you will fix it, also, the Cobra Roll looks like it has some straight spots on it, but the coaster looks awesome too! Will it all be automatic?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#99 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

^Dude!

Posted Image

He knows the loop is bad he is going to remake it, have you not seen the epic creations made by this man!

Anyways its nice to see you back building again I have badly missed your creations, youve got yourself in a pretty bad mess there. I think I can get you a draw over, ill try to have it up by tomorrow, best of luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#100 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

That looks yummy.............................................. Glad to see this revived! :)