ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#121 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

well, so this ride is beyound frustrating. It has been rebuilt way too many times.... grrrr
So, had everything looking all nice and etc, and could not get it to go "backwards" thru the course. So made some adjustments still no dice. I realize things look weird (an the loop could use some serious smoothing) but these adjustments were the only way to get the train to clear in both directions.

Any useful ideas or suggestions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#122 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Like you said, the loop and cobra roll still need quite some work on the shaping. I can't believe it doesn't make it backwards. Those towers are so much higher than the rest of the coaster.

Posted Image

#123 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I really highly doubt theres a problem with your speed. Are you sure your loop and cobra roll arent so tight that the train loses speed because of the tightness of the elements? They look pretty tight to me

#124 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

The towers are too large for the elements. I think the more you raise the lifts, the tougher it's going to be to make the train go through all the elements.

Posted Image

#125 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

The train can go forward with no issues and can make it from a lower height and we had the loop and boomerang higher, but the train would not make it thru the course backwards. so first the lifts were raised, and then slowly the elements were lowered. These are the heights in which the train is able to clear the course in both directions. This is K'nex® and not the real world, the proportions are not going to line up perfectly.

I have tried a ridiculous amount of varying heights and this is the only way I have gotten it to run...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#126 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Any chance you could get us a test video, and we could see if there is any advice we could give you about the speed?

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#127 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I really suggest using boxes, not tubes, asthey are easier to shape and support with. You don't seem to have many coasters using boxes either. That is really the only thing I can think of to fix the proportions. But you seem to have the coaster done, so, I don't know. You could redo it, or just keep it like that.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#128 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Question?

Since I am having so many difficulties with things on this build.
What if I start over?
To do a somewhat similar concept to this ride, that fits in the same foot print or smaller area?

Or

Am I better off to work on getting this all smoothed out and leaving the proportions off and making this coaster work?

Ideas, suggestions are welcome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#129 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I would first try to make the elements of the coaster first, on such a way that everything looks nice on scale. Then I would go and take a look at both lifts, the height that you'll need to make them, the length of the pullout etc. As long as the main part of the coaster is in proportion I'll be sure you're able to make a great ride out of it :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#130 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would start over. Think about what you could change to solve all the problems you are facing now. It's up to you.

Posted Image

#131 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

If I were you I'd rip the whole things part, and build a compact invert using the same colors.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#132 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

If you want to redo it then make it like Invertigo at Kings Island so its not as hard because yours is crossing over and Invertigo's isn't. But if you want to destroy it, Make a whole new coaster like a hyper or flying(just examples not telling to make that certain kind). It's all up to you not us.

#133 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Helmut: I am thinking of pulling the track and supports, and starting with the Bommerang at the height I want, and then building the station (higher than the current station) and building the loop over the station, then building the lift towers so that the angles and such line up and the pull in-out can be done better.

Timinator: My thoughts for a different coaster, would make a custom invert shuttle coaster. I vertical lift, behind the station, that the train gets pulled backwards up. The release goes thru the station and then have an element such as a SS-roll (or a loop, or something) and then into a vertical spiral, so that the train goes up and then falls backwards thru the course. (So in a way a Jr. boomerang but with an inversion.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#134 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, I wanted to know about those micro tubes. Great job by the way, I love your backbone and height. Only one question, can we get a side profile of the towers? Can't wait for the cobra roll and the weirdly shaped loop that the Giant Inverted Boomerangs have and we've come to love!

#135 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I like the idea of an inverted shuttle coaster more than this boomerang. I wouldn't keep building this if you aren't going to be happy with it in the end and won't want to keep messing with this and changing it. I like the idea of an inverted shuttle coaster. I think you could easily fit that into the space you have now, just make sure will work!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#136 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

what is a SS roll? cant seem to find it on google

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#137 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sea Serpent roll.

I have on on Night Fury.

In real life Medusa has one.

Also, while we are at it. This coaster does not have a cobra roll, these coasters are called boomerang coasters after the name of the element. Vekoma calls their C-roll, a boomerang.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#138 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Sea Serpent roll.

I have on on Night Fury.

In real life Medusa has one.

Also, while we are at it. This coaster does not have a cobra roll, these coasters are called boomerang coasters after the name of the element. Vekoma calls their C-roll, a boomerang.

so it's 2 sidewinders but the axit is on the different side

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#139 xx-cyp-62-xx

xx-cyp-62-xx

Construction Worker

• 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I thik you can make Invertigo or you can finish the gaint inverted with your eperience you can do somethind really realistic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#140 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

here is a test video as requested (yes this means I have video editing software again, so I'll try to get some things up to date)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]