ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#141 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Tottaly wicked dude. Lovong the luft hills.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#142 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

well, I am back to the drawing board.

Wow this came down quickly
Posted Image

saving parts to be reused (this should speed up building some)
Posted Image

Posted Image

here is where I am so far
Posted Image

Posted Image

ok so what should I do from here? I have the lift, the pull out into the station.

I was thinking of going with an SS roll and then into a twisting tower (like wicked twister) and then letting it fall back thru the course.
Other ideas are welcome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#143 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think a new start is for the best. :)

I like the layout idea that you have right now and the twisting tower would make it pretty sick for sure!

Edited by Jumpge, 28 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#144 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I agree a new start is definitely for the best. You didn't really want an average unreliable ride slightly spoiling the rest of this awesomeness. You could go for an interesting banana roll followed by a zero-g roll over the station and then up a twisting tower. That would also be unique for an inverted.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#145 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

ok so here is what I accomplished today.
It is just the rough part so far. I want to make sure that what I have is correct and such before I strengthen the track and do the rest of the supports etc.

Thank you for the help!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#146 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Can we have a POV view of the heartlining ?

#147 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Good to see that you could get quite some work on this coaster done. The SS-roll looks a little stretched out, but that must be because you do not want to lose much speed. If you could smooth out the first inversion a bit, then it should be fine. How high do you want to make the tower? Because the train needs to fly through the SS-roll if you also want the train to make it backwards.

Posted Image

#148 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

isn't that a roll-over like on vekoma slc but smoother?

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#149 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Your track seems bumpy/sharp/misshapen in some/most parts. If you are reusing track from ReAction, that's why. When you make track, and bend it, the flex rods slide through the crossties to hold the shape, once you take it off and reuse it, the flexy's old position screw the shaping up. If you are reusing track, I'd take it off, and just remake the track from parts again, that should help smooth it. If not, or what also will help, possibly try using grey rods instead of flexys, or use track strengtheners. You did say it was rough though, so you might do that later.

I agree with Helmer, that its stretched out, I'd lessed the length. Also, the pulling to the SS roll seems too big compaired to the top, which seems too small. I'd even them out size wise. But I do like the direction this is going!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#150 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I like it the way it is. I think it would be so cool if the lift and the element were staggered. I think this change is for the best!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#151 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

You do like using standardized tube supports, don't you?

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#152 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Can we have a POV view of the heartlining ?

I will include one when I update later today

Good to see that you could get quite some work on this coaster done. The SS-roll looks a little stretched out, but that must be because you do not want to lose much speed. If you could smooth out the first inversion a bit, then it should be fine. How high do you want to make the tower? Because the train needs to fly through the SS-roll if you also want the train to make it backwards.

It is stretched out some. I kinda like it this way and hopefully it will preserve some more speed this way. (I was hoping for a tower height of about 6-7 feet for the main lift, the boomerang coaster was over 8 feet, so this should be a doable height)

isn't that a roll-over like on vekoma slc but smoother?

Yes, Vekoma does call this element a roll over.

Your track seems bumpy/sharp/misshapen in some/most parts. If you are reusing track from ReAction, that's why. When you make track, and bend it, the flex rods slide through the crossties to hold the shape, once you take it off and reuse it, the flexy's old position screw the shaping up. If you are reusing track, I'd take it off, and just remake the track from parts again, that should help smooth it. If not, or what also will help, possibly try using grey rods instead of flexys, or use track strengtheners. You did say it was rough though, so you might do that later.

I agree with Helmer, that its stretched out, I'd lessed the length. Also, the pulling to the SS roll seems too big compared to the top, which seems too small. I'd even them out size wise. But I do like the direction this is going!

Umm, considering most of the other track had strengtheners and etc, no I am not just picking up the track and throwing it on. I am tacking the old track apart and rebuilding things. It looks bumpy etc, because this is tube supported and with only 1 peice of tubing, a few flexies and limited connections to the tubes, there is not much support.
I will work on the pull in pull out, It kept sagging when I was trying to take the pictures it should look better once I support it properly.

I like it the way it is. I think it would be so cool if the lift and the element were staggered. I think this change is for the best!

well, I hope to get the track strengthened some, and also work on the roll over (SS roll) pull out, and the second tower today, so hopefully later I will have an update.

You do like using standardized tube supports, don't you?

Why yes I do, but I do have a few plans for the cross supports and etc for this coaster, to make things unique.

On a note following this topic, I used these supports for this coaster because this is what I had done previously. I realize that most of my builds feature the same or very similar support systems. (you see a B&M and you know it is B&M by the support system and track). But, I do hope to eventually come back thru and when I do replacement builds for K-land etc use different support systems. Such as to make Basilisk Rail, into much more of an Arrow style coaster, with a full rebuild with new supports and elements more influenced by Arrow. But currently my goal is to finish major construction and attempt to have things fully open to the public this summer with a Grand Opening around Labor Day (Aug 31, 2013).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#153 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

dp, yay

well, I was feeling good, as progress was going smoothly, and I felt the track work was faily smooth the supports were strong and doing the initial drop test with only one tower I did not need too much height to make the return trip. So I finished the second tower and dropped from the first tower to find out I was about 10 inches short of making the height needed for the return trip, so I added some height to the first tower, and yet again I was about 9 inches short of the needed height. So I added some strength to see if that would help, not much of a difference again, and I run out of height that I could add for the first tower. well so here is what things currently look like.

Sad part is that I kinda liked the look of this... oh well
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

well, so I am back to the drawing board again. The absolute most frustrating thing about all of these attempts for a functioning coaster that goes forward and returns for me is that I can go one direction just fine but I am unable to return.

So, my currently concept for a functional shuttle coaster is to modify the start of the roll over, and shift the things so it goes directly back over the station, at the station mid point (when riders would be right side up again), to twist upwards into a spiral tower, so that the towers would be back to back and this would ensure that the train makes it back to the station as it would only have to fall back down and would not need to go upwards again.

This is just what I have right now, any other suggestions (at this point, I am going with the more simple the better, I need to have a functional ride in this location, and I want something of this style as it is different from the other rides, and I need to focus on things in the room other then getting a coaster working, so that I can attempt to get the room opened. I know I can always come back at a later date and build a new ride, but it is really becoming a priority to have the room able to be opened.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#154 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Simpler is better. That is correct.

I'm sorry to hear that your coaster isn't working out with speed (I too am having a few issues with the speed but ma going to luge, weight, clean, etc.), but I'd give it another try. If it doesn't work out a third time for you, I'd just say scrap it and move onto another project. I'm sure that you'll figure out what to do so no worries.

Posted Image

#155 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues. However, I do have a solution: make the first tower the height you started with, change the second tower into a straight one so it can function just like the first one. I know you like how the second spike currently is, but I find a straight functioning one looks just as good IMO.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#156 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Although I know how well you take car of your cars, it seems they might be the problem. Are they weighed? Also check to make sure there is no hair in the wheels. Really stinks to hear its not working:(

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#157 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Have you ever tried running a reversed train through the forward direction? Just for reference, that is.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#158 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Your biggest problem is height. For the train to make that layout without any "restart" in height, I don't see how it will make it through the inversion. I would suggest converting that twist section into a lift to pull it up the necessary few inches ( I would estimate at least 5 more inches on what you have now, to be safe). If all else fails, make a non-inverting, inverted boomerang. It would be an interesting concept to try out!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#159 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

The only problem I see with another lift is reliability issues, but that is the last thing you ever want with any model on display. I think a fishhook shuttle would be sick, especially with a roll or two on the incline after the 1/3 loop. Something like this (thanks, Marc). http://www.youtube.c...8TrRMxtPfRklZGA

Edited by pkiknex25, 31 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#160 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I think PKI's idea would be pretty sick, maybe even after the SS roll it might work, but that's just an idea.

Posted Image