ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#61 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

Looks like you've got several coasters under construction at the same time.

The cobra roll looks weird, so I would suggest to redo it. Take a good look at the entry and the exit of the cobra roll, they should be rounder.

Good luck! :)

Posted Image

#62 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

RANT
I am rather frustrated currently.

My post clearly states do not comment on the track work, and almost all of the comments are about the track work which IS NO WHERE NEAR COMPLETE.

I needed suggestions on raising the lifts or shrinking the elements.

Please read before commenting on a picture, it is much appreciated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#63 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Raise the lifts for sure. The elements are super small as you've already known, so don't even think of making them smaller. From seeing many boomerang's being built, make sure there is absolutely no shaking in the track at all for it will affect the coaster dearly. Once you've eliminated shaking, then raise the lifts, and put it at a steeper angle if it comes down to that, but either way, I love the coaster's color sequence and the ride. Hope you can figure out a way to make it work well.

Posted Image

#64 kid26120

kid26120

Construction Foreman

• 212 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

As I built a Boomerang me too, I can help you. I fear you'll have to raise the lifts. The bigger the elements are, the better for your speed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#65 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Height adjustment.

This is the height it takes to get the train to clear going backwards. (now at 54 inches (close to the height of Night Fury) and the Inversions are at 30 inches ( close to the height of Night Fury's 3rd inversion).

I have to rebuild the lift supports as just making them taller at this point will not suffice. Also, have to re-angle the drops slightly to make things line up correctly.
Posted Image

It feels a little tall for the park in comparison to what it would be in real life, but I can live with it. Any input?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#66 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Psst, visitors won't notice ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Loop seems a little low compared to the lift, but I know it's knex and height restriction is a big part of the game. If possible I'd say or some lower lift or a little higher elements, but as Max sayd, even if you place a square drop down there they still think it's cool.

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#68 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Can we have a test video? I would just like to see how the speed is.

#69 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

^ Yes could we please have a test video. BTW all of your coaster are AMAZING and especially this one.

#70 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Are you going to expand the elements too? As for the lift height, I don't think anyone will notice or care that all of the coasters are near the same height.

Posted Image

#71 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

There was no way to complete the course without making everything out of proportion.

So I moved the lifts to vertical, raised them higher and then flipped things upside down.

I also figured having an inverted coaster would be better for the overall park instead of another sit down ride.

Here is where I am currently at with the progress. *The lift towers are not finished yet*
**Lifts are a shade under 7 feet (~2.13 meters)

Posted Image

Here is the room overview
Posted Image

Close up of the train
Posted Image

nothing is in place on the train yet, just deciding if I like it or not. (I realize this is the Invertigo style seating, but the Deja Vu style is too wide for the supports. (and 99% of people who will see this will have no idea anyways)
Posted Image

Here is a fun shot :)
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#72 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

That's absolutely amazing.
And do I see Zacspin supports?

#73 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

^ Yeah I saw them too. Are you planning to do a Zacspin next???

#74 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Why don't we comment about this coaster, and he'll post that one when he's ready to.

Looks amazing Icuks! I'm really liking how this is turning out, but does it really have to be that tall? It almost overshadows Night Fury and BR. Not that that is a bad thing, but I'm not sure the lifts have to be that tall. Not like it'll be extremely difficult to change once you figure out the right height needed.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#75 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

That will be the tallest coaster in the park!
I see you have standard and micro tubes there. It's a hybrid structure, lol.
How would you compare building micro tubes vs standard tubes?
Everything looks good so far. We're all jealous of your epic playroom ;)

#76 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Oh, my, gawd. This is flawless dude! I am so glad that you made it inverted, making it easier to have speed on this coaster, and I think you'd be the perfect person to pull the Giant-boomerang effect of this coaster with tubes, so I'm glad to see you've done that.

Posted Image

#77 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

HOLY CRAP!!! the first hyper boomerang coaster (to scale of course) LOLZ

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#78 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

^ Hey, mine was 7 and a half feet, thank you very much.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#79 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

^ sorry didn't see it until you mentioned it

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#80 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

That's absolutely amazing.
And do I see Zacspin supports?

Thanks (yes you do see those, they have been spoken about in other threads, and ignored. When I actually sit down and work on it, and I am confident enough about its status, I will start a thread on it... now back on topic.)

^ Yeah I saw them too. Are you planning to do a Zacspin next???

read above ^^ and try to keep things on topic in the thread, you can always PM about something that is off topic.

Why don't we comment about this coaster, and he'll post that one when he's ready to.

Looks amazing Icuks! I'm really liking how this is turning out, but does it really have to be that tall? It almost overshadows Night Fury and BR. Not that that is a bad thing, but I'm not sure the lifts have to be that tall. Not like it'll be extremely difficult to change once you figure out the right height needed.

Thanks

Thanks again. In real life this coaster would be taller than NF and about the same height as BR. The GIB is 191 feet in real, while scaling NF is about 150 and BR is 216 (I think), though because how I have to structure things to make it work with K'nex® it makes this structure taller in scale.
I have started at this height, mainly because I ran out of double yellow 3D's (I have more coming though). I feel that raising or lowering the towers will not look nearly as bad as having to adjust the previous lifts, as a vertical tower is not nearly as noticeable.

Oh, my, gawd. This is flawless dude! I am so glad that you made it inverted, making it easier to have speed on this coaster, and I think you'd be the perfect person to pull the Giant-boomerang effect of this coaster with tubes, so I'm glad to see you've done that.

Thanks means a lot. I have spent a lot of time figuring out the structures and also was in a lot of debate about going this route and tearing the other one apart.

HOLY CRAP!!! the first hyper boomerang coaster (to scale of course) LOLZ

The real GIB is 191'

^ Hey, mine was 7 and a half feet, thank you very much.

Just re-saw yours today. Looked good.

That will be the tallest coaster in the park!
I see you have standard and micro tubes there. It's a hybrid structure, lol.
How would you compare building micro tubes vs standard tubes?
Everything looks good so far. We're all jealous of your epic playroom ;)

It probably will not end up being the taller structure in the room, but this is still merely a thought in my head.
Well I kept looking at the real structure and noticed the different shapes and sizes of the structure, and decided this may be a good way to best mimic the real structure. (This is actually testing in a way for an idea I have in my head).
The micro's are ok to build with (as you notice I do a lot of my theming with micros.) My only beef is that the sizes are weird (may just be a lack of using them), but figuring out the half sizes and also, parts are still only in 1 colour for the most part (yes I know several pieces have two colours) so colour coding is very hard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]