• Please log in to reply
791 replies to this topic

#61 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

too bad man :( good luck :)
now you know what we think about the winter contest :P (just joking)

wardcc-2.png

#62 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

What if you just build the big scale, and come there and oh gosh, your model is somewhat too big?

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#63 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

What if you just build the big scale, and come there and oh gosh, your model is somewhat too big?

-=tK=-

Sledgehammer? I dun think so.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yes Gump size restrictions are typically a bummer, because you keep thinking in your head, if I only had a little more room, I could do this awesome thing.

Everything I have built for the museum I work for is typically on the pushing edge of my available space, and by golly there is never enough of it available to do what I truly want to.

But I know you are creative and very talented and will have no problem figuring out a great solution. Good Luck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#65 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Sledgehammer? I dun think so.

I don't know, I'm by far not an expo-expert or something like that. I just build what fits in my room, or what fits in my garden or on my upper floor.

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#66 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Could you switch to Raging Bull? I know it might be a bit harder, but it's more compact and you'll get more height out of it.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#67 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

^ There's a fine idea; I don't know if Gump will approve though.

#68 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

A.S.C. can sense that Gump will (most likely) not approve.
No really, I dont think he will since he has already done all of those in depth drawings.

#69 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

^ There's a fine idea; I don't know if Gump will approve though.

I remember talking to Gump a few years ago now, on the Germany Trip and I remember he always had the dream to build Silver Star..
Something makes me think; Either, Gump will decide his lust for a perfect model of Silver Star is too much, and wont build it until the right conditions arise, or He'll want to do it so much, and will have hyped himself up for it to the point where he can't cancel..
Two ends of the spectrum, who knows. :/

#70 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

I took a shot in the dark and asked my contact with Europa Park if they're willing to put it on display in their Mercedes-Benz museum /Silver Star queue. Obviously I am expecting a no, and in that case... I will have to resort to a design other than Silver Star... Yeah, I feel fucked by this toy museum.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#71 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

I can totally see this happening here ;)

(Ofcourse with the GOD SMITE at the end)

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Common Europapark, say yes!

Because then I will see it in real :D

Posted Image

#73 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

I hope they do say yes.. that'd be honouring..
But surely it'd need maintenance every now 'n' again?

#74 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

^Let's send them a manual which describes how to maintain your knex rollercoaster model on a good way ;)
Well, i hope that they're going to say yes, but i actually don't think so. But there is still that small chance laying somewhere between my garbage that sais that they will say yes ;)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#75 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

I think they'll either go full out no, or they'll say they want it completed before they'll make a decision. Seems more practical to see what it will turn out to be before accepting it.

Good Luck though, I do hope they let you display it!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#76 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

^ It seems that Gump's previous projects would be enough to prove that he can deliver...but you never know.

#77 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

^ It seems that Gump's previous projects would be enough to prove that he can deliver...but you never know.

True that, look what he built so far.

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#78 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

He has contact with a PR guy from inside Europa Park who used to work for another themepark before, he actually met that guy before I believe.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Unfortunately they cannot give me part of the Silver Star / Mercedes-Benz hall. This means the whole Silver Star adventure will be postponed till a larger location pops up, and that won't be until at least 2013 or later.

So, is this cancelled? No. Project 2012 will continue, but in the form of another roller coaster. Since I have already done some work on the lift and first drop, it would be a waste to not use these. Even more, it would be a waste to not make use of the museum's offer and put a huge (even though it cannot be Silver Star) K'NEX coaster on display for 3 months.

The area the coaster will be in is 6,95m by 7,10m (22'9" by 23'3") and even though I cannot use the whole square - hey, people have to be able to walk there... - that is still a large area to build in. The lift and first drop combined are already a whopping 5 meters long, so that would leave 2 meters for a small turn / station on one side and a 180* turning element (e.g. cobra roll) on the other. Not doable, of course. So what I will do is to split the first drop and the lift, insert a 90* turn in between and put the whole thing in the corner of the room.

So I will have to postpone my B&M megacoaster plans and get on with my B&M megalooper plans.

(I hope you won't be too disappointed.)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#80 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

actually (as the text under my name says) i am an inversion lover and it would be totally awesome for me to see a huge b&m looper being built :D
(however, it is probably a disappointment for you, sorry :()

Good luck!

wardcc-2.png