Balrog: a K'NEX coaster by Jogumpie

• Please log in to reply
791 replies to this topic

#781 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

THY THREAD HAS BEEN RESURRECTED!?!? OMG!!!!

Only one month till you take it down? awww :/ I thought you said it was going to be up for like 4 years or so. Going to take a lot of work to take that down though. By the time you're done a century will have passed :).

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#782 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Before you take it down I would more than anything love to see a video of a time lapsed day at the museum with the coaster running and all of the people viewing it.

Posted Image

#783 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Before you take it down I would more than anything love to see a video of a time lapsed day at the museum with the coaster running and all of the people viewing it.

Unfortunately that won't happen. Attendance changes so much each day, so there is no telling when to do this. I was planning on making a time-lapse of the breakdown, but it is most likely that my parents and I will just bring it back home in big chunks and deconstruct/sort the pieces at home.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#784 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Just for fun I think itd be great to see a video of your longest train going through the course. (all your middle cars)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#785 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Just for fun I think itd be great to see a video of your longest train going through the course. (all your middle cars)

+1

BTW, the photos of the museum (and, of course, Balrog):

Posted Image
Me with the station of Balrog (BTW, I've a "Forever Alone" T-shirt :D)

Posted Image
Me see the trains at the brakes part

Posted Image
Oppa Gump Gump Style !

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Other constructions make with Mecano :P
That's all :D

Edited by iCoaster44, 20 February 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#786 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

You got some international visitors over there, Jochem :)!

Posted Image

#787 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

+2

it makes me feel good knexers are meeting up with each over, shame i cant really do the same thing. the only Aussie knexer i know of is tornado.

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#788 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

+3 (I hope the lift hill can take the strain)

I would totally visit this if I had the chance to but no,sadly not. At least there's lots of pictures.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#789 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Great job!

#790 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

+4
The lift might not be able to hand it, but I guess just push it up the lift? Newton's third law, though, tells me it would be unfriendly to the supports. But I think gump should do it still! It would look awesome!!! Just the trains on the coaster? (20 car train)
Edit: I would imagine with all the sets gump has, the train would be as long as the lift :D.
Edit: Does anyone ever steal peices? It seems like you could just grab a blue rod and get outta there. Imagine if one of the visitors grabbed the transfer track section, pulled it, and then that part of the coaster went onto the floor... I would be very mad.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#791 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

you should try to get balrog in tho the giant builds section on the knex site that would be epic

#792 Maxwell Graham

Maxwell Graham

Knexmax

• 43 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

That would be fun to see.I would like to see you do that!!!!!!!!!!!!