• Please log in to reply
791 replies to this topic

#761 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

That was pretty sick!

One thing I was super surprised about was how well the supports on the track held up! There was no bowing in the supports at all throughout the first half of the ride, and little in the second part! Very nice job!

Posted Image

#762 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Epic. Absolutely stunning to watch (and ride).

#763 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Just when you think K'NEX coasters can't get any better, Gump comes along and destroys that thought.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#764 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wow, great job on the video, I want to see this coaster in real life so bad!!!

#765 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Wow...Just wow...

Posted Image

#766 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

My new favorite K'nex coaster! Absolutely spectacular!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#767 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

and little in the second part! Very nice job!

Courtesy of a 172° Fish Eye Lens ;) No bowing IRL at all ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#768 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Instat death.... i watched with my dad, we turned the vol. very high and the Beats audio did the rest.....Great coaster, great final movie!!! congrats Jochem and Max :D

#769 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

man you got to love the pov, this is the best knex coaster ever!

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#770 Maxwell Graham

Maxwell Graham

Knexmax

• 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

I loved the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#771 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

When you take it down, you should make a time-lapse of it. That would take forever to edit, and upload, but it would be amazing to see! I thought the video was a little short, even though it was like five minutes. Best K'nex coaster you've made... so far. ;)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#772 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Courtesy of a 172° Fish Eye Lens ;) No bowing IRL at all ;)

Yes, I noticed some distortion in some of the close ups but didn't feel the need to be critical of a great video. (Knew there was no way Gumps station would have a sagging platform ;-) )

^ Time lapse of the take down could be played in reverse to simulate a construction

(edit)
Gump - Now that all you have to do is bask in the glory.... could you post some pics showing the motor arrangment of the main lift? That is a long lift and long trains. How many motors? How much weight in the cars? Thanks.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#773 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

While this is quite an amazing ride, I still have to give the nod to Diamondback for best K'nex coaster ever. The fact that they (PKI and CC10) nailed the scale perfectly is just amazing, that and I guess I just have a soft spot for box supports.

Regardless, this is one amazing coaster and it's great to see it up and running.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#774 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Oh man, that discussion between Balrog and Diamondback... And it'll come back every year, around March. ;)

This is sick. Max did a great job on the video. Amazing coaster Jochem! :D

Posted Image

#775 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Definitely one of the best, if not the best, k'nex coasters in the history of life.

#776 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Um you never said thanks to sscoasters. Ok I see how it is. Haha jk great video and great coaster! Keep up the great work!

#777 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Gump, you've placed yourself in a league of your own... This is an incredible coaster! The flow of the elements is perfect and the station is brilliant!

Now who's gonna be the first to make a coaster better than this? It'll take you while... :)

#778 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Another video you just NEED to watch at 720p, full-screen, with your speakers at their maximum!

Let me bump up this thread to make you watch the video. ;)

Balrog will be deconstructed on November 3rd, so just one more month till it's end of story for this roller coaster.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#779 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Attentionwhore :P

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#780 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yeah but it's worth it at least.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum