Balrog: a K'NEX coaster by Jogumpie

• Please log in to reply
791 replies to this topic

#741 Maxwell Graham

Maxwell Graham

Knexmax

• 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

I loved the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#742 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

When you take it down, you should make a time-lapse of it. That would take forever to edit, and upload, but it would be amazing to see! I thought the video was a little short, even though it was like five minutes. Best K'nex coaster you've made... so far. ;)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#743 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Courtesy of a 172° Fish Eye Lens ;) No bowing IRL at all ;)

Yes, I noticed some distortion in some of the close ups but didn't feel the need to be critical of a great video. (Knew there was no way Gumps station would have a sagging platform ;-) )

^ Time lapse of the take down could be played in reverse to simulate a construction

(edit)
Gump - Now that all you have to do is bask in the glory.... could you post some pics showing the motor arrangment of the main lift? That is a long lift and long trains. How many motors? How much weight in the cars? Thanks.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#744 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

While this is quite an amazing ride, I still have to give the nod to Diamondback for best K'nex coaster ever. The fact that they (PKI and CC10) nailed the scale perfectly is just amazing, that and I guess I just have a soft spot for box supports.

Regardless, this is one amazing coaster and it's great to see it up and running.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#745 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Oh man, that discussion between Balrog and Diamondback... And it'll come back every year, around March. ;)

This is sick. Max did a great job on the video. Amazing coaster Jochem! :D

Posted Image

#746 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Definitely one of the best, if not the best, k'nex coasters in the history of life.

#747 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Um you never said thanks to sscoasters. Ok I see how it is. Haha jk great video and great coaster! Keep up the great work!

#748 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Gump, you've placed yourself in a league of your own... This is an incredible coaster! The flow of the elements is perfect and the station is brilliant!

Now who's gonna be the first to make a coaster better than this? It'll take you while... :)

#749 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Gump and I are working on one of the most epic K'NEX coaster videos as we speak. Care for a teaser? ;)

Posted Image

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#750 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

But I already got to see a test-run video. How can anything be more amazing than seeing it run for the first time? Well, I have faith Max . And you can't fool me about how awesome this is when it runs (thanks Gump, hahaha :P)

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#751 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Will it be uploaded today/tomorrow?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#752 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

I can tell, the final video of Balrog is gonna be one of the greatest final videos of all time! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#753 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Can't wait for the Final video!

Posted Image

#754 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Will it be uploaded today/tomorrow?

Considering the amount of time spent on each scene, audio, effects etc. It'll take a good while to properly render the video.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#755 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Another video you just NEED to watch at 720p, full-screen, with your speakers at their maximum!

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#756 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Simply.... amazing! I love the way it looks and everything was made perfectly! The day it gets taken down will be a sad day I bet.
Wow... I think five minutes has never went by faster. ^_^
You could make an entire movie out of that coaster.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#757 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Wow, that was amazing! Great video and great coaster!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#758 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Wow. Simply amazing in every way.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#759 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

That was really one of the most amazing coasters and final videos I've ever seen. Great job!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#760 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Best coaster that i know.