hill jet lift spiral star

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Please post the NL file of your coaster in this thread. To do so, follow these directions:

1. Click "Go Advanced" for the posting options

2. In the text box, post:

• Coaster Name (if applicable)
  • Track Length
  • Special Element used (be descriptive, but brief)

Optional:
  • A succinct description of your ride.

3. When finished, scroll down in the post options, under "Additional Options" and look for "Attach Files". With this option, you can directly upload your raw NL file with your post. If this option doesn't work, you can use alternate methods to post your coaster, however.

4. Post, and judging will begin as soon as you post to get the judging done as quickly, but efficiently as possible!

Here's a more illustrated version of the directions:

Step 1: Type in the information about your coaster.
Posted Image

Step 2: Click "Go Advanced".
Posted Image

Step 3: Scroll down to the "Advanced Options".
Posted Image

Step 4: Once here, find "Attach Files" and select the upload.Posted Image

Step 5: For the NL File directly, click on "Choose File" and select the NL Coaster/Pack and click the upload to the right of the screen. For those who want to go through an upload-website, you can paste the URL into the URL boxes below, then click the upload to the right of that.
Posted Image

Step 6: Don't forget to preview your post so you know your coaster has been successfully attached to the post.
Posted Image

Contestants (Red = not submitted yet ; Green = Submitted)

Antinos
dragon
jespercoasters
JPCoaster
Kool Coaster Kid
Micro'nexer
Minimoggi
RNB
sonicriders789
Spitfire
Unendingride
WardCoastez
~stεεlspectrum~

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

So here is my entry.

Coaster Name: Mission To mars
Track Length: 1063,59
Special Element used: 1st Drop and 2nd Air hill with banking

And I have made a video.

Posted Image

#3 Unendingride

Unendingride

Arrow Lover

• 160 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

I did all the steps, but when I'm in editor and I upload a file, there is a lock above the icon and it won't appear when I want to upload it. How do I fix this?

#4 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

^ Your file could be too big. I'll send you my email and I'll try it for you.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#5 Unendingride

Unendingride

Arrow Lover

• 160 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Oh, I know how to upload it. Nolimits is the problem. When I got to load it, there is a lock sign on it. When I go to uplaod it, all the ones with locks on it can't get uploaded online.

#6 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

^ I had the same problem save it somewhere in my lybaries and it should work.

Posted Image

#7 Unendingride

Unendingride

Arrow Lover

• 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Here we go:

Name: Fire Pit
Length: about 3900 ft.
Height: about 150 ft.
Lift Element: Horseshoe lift (invented by me)
Special Element(s): Stengal Dive, Pretzel turn

#8 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Sorry, not going to be able to finish... just take me off the list.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#9 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Same here.
That's what I get for going all out on scenery. :P

#10 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

1. prometheus
2. 3267.46 feet
3. direction changing 150 foot first drop,a winding 85 degree turn after the first drop

Optional:
4. this is a ride that will blow your mind with tons of twisting turns and daring drops. you may think twice while at the top of the lift hill. the feeling of no supports below you gives riders the real feeling of floating on gravity

here is the video:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wdmPHogJ028

#11 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

[quote name='sonicriders789']1. prometheus
2. 3267.46 feet
3. direction changing 150 foot first drop,a winding 85 degree turn after the first drop

Optional:
4. this is a ride that will blow your mind with tons of twisting turns and daring drops. you may think twice while at the top of the lift hill
Nice drop you got there......

Posted Image

#12 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'm having some troubles, I had to use Anim8or to correct the shading on my station, but it loses my textures (especially that badass sign I made ;) )

Here's what it looks like in NL:
Posted Image
Here's the sign:
Posted Image

Just keep it in mind when you mark the ride. :)

#13 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, that drop looks very, very similar to yours....

I WILL BE POSTING THE VIDEO SOON! IT IS TAKING 258 MINUTES TO UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE, BUT AS SOON AS IT IS DONE, I WILL POST IT HERE!

That's fine, just edit the video into your post.

I'm having some troubles, I had to use Anim8or to correct the shading on my station, but it loses my textures (especially that badass sign I made ;) )

Here's what it looks like in NL:

Here's the sign:

Just keep it in mind when you mark the ride. :)

We will. If anyone else has this problem, feel free to post it as well. Don't forget to upload a video (or the raw file) to your post! In the video, if you choose to do one, you can point out and show key parts of the ride/scenery you'd like to show us.

Deadline is in less than 9 hours unless extension is needed. If less than half of the coasters aren't posted by the deadline, there will be an extension of 3 days, to allow for the stragglers (:P) to get their rides in. I will be going away for the weekend, so I won't be able to check anything until June 3rd. My fellow judge and I will try to get your scores compiled and posted before June 14th (2 weeks after deadline). Best of luck, and get those coasters in and PM me if you are going to drop out instead of posting in this thread (along with any other questions you have regarding deadline, etc)

#14 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

yeah i realized that when i watched your video. trust me, i didnt copy your drop. i actually finished the coaster about 2 weeks ago. i just altered the ride to work for the contest. you can even look in hte no limits thread and look at "halo" by Sonicriders789 to see that it is just different colors and that it is the same ride as the one i posted for this contest. trust me, i didnt copy you. i said the same thing when i saw your video.

#15 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

I would enter my I305 recreation if it complies with the rules, but it's nowhere near close to done.

#16 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hey LaMbChOpZ, I am not at home now, but my home has lost its internet connection until monday, unfortunately, the supports arent done, and I am not going to be able to finish them until monday.
I dont think it's fair to extend for just one entrant, so I expect to be dropping out.

I will be posting the ride anyway, just monday/tuesday, it'd be nice if you guys took a look at it anyways (I havent made NL for ages, and y'know, criticism is helpful! :) )

#17 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

^ No don't quit. I don't even have half the entries yet, so I will allow a 1 week extension, but we can't push much farther.

The new deadline is June 11th, 2012.

#18 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Is it ok if i add supports to my ride then re enter it? It wasn't supposed to have supports because it is in space so i thought it would be cool kinda like a gravity thing but i have decided that i want them

#19 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

^ Up to you. If there's a reason why there's no supports, then you can explain it. If there's no supports and no explanation why, then there might be a really really small deduction (maybe 5 points, max).

#20 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Okay, I was only saying that if you can't extend I cant compete!
I'll get it done asap :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hill, jet, lift, spiral, star