Blue Streak (7/16/2015)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#21 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I found a picture of the first hill, and built it. I'll show you some pictures of it, but first i have something to say.
Can everyone just stop saying about how many pieces I have? Because I have a summer job, and if I don't have enough, i'll just get some extra. I'm asking you kindly to please not post just because you think I don't have enough pieces, which I know I don't. I post these pictures on here partly for you guys to see what I'm making, and partly because I want to know how my shaping is so I can get better.
Anyways, onto the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please comment/ask any questions!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#22 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Can we get a direct side view of the whole drop and pullout? I'm thinking it's a bit small.

#23 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Sorry, but I can't do that due to not enough space behind where I took the picture.
Anyways, i'm trying to build to scale anyways. Like 1 'box' on Blue Streak=1 granite 'box' on this. And I made it to scale. If you want to complain, you can go complain to the designers of Blue Streak. ;) I'm not saying you're complaining, i'm just trying to say that i'm trying to make it to scale of the real ride.

turtleman24.png

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#24 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Hey everybody! Decided to make a new update for the new year! No, this coaster was never canceled, but postponed. Since i've had time to work on this, i'll have an update to see if I need to change any shaping issues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
^sneak peak at the structure for the third airhill
Edit: And I was also thinking of making the little tunnel through the first airhill too, so you know.

Please comment!

turtleman24.png

#25 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I am impressed by your shaping of the hills, it looks flawless. Great job!

Posted Image

#26 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Can't really see any problems with that shaping at all. Lots of strength in those supports too. Are you going to clear out that space? Or are you going to leave it flying through the boxes and everything? That would be epic. Unless you're thinking of moving it.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#27 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

^He'll probably move the boxes I suppose I think this coaster is coming along nicely and the track work is very smooth I've been on this coaster before at Cedar Point and I think yours is smoother than the real ride is because that was one short and rough ride in the back row, keep it up dude!

#28 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

The track shaping is perfect, I don't see anything wrong with it even after looking at the pictures for 20 mins. Keep it up! :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#29 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Nice and smooth track work! Very good work!

Posted Image

#30 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

That's really very pretty. Nice work, Turtle.

#31 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I am impressed by your shaping of the hills, it looks flawless. Great job!

Thanks Helmut!

Can't really see any problems with that shaping at all. Lots of strength in those supports too. Are you going to clear out that space? Or are you going to leave it flying through the boxes and everything? That would be epic. Unless you're thinking of moving it.

Thanks! I'll explain below.

^He'll probably move the boxes I suppose I think this coaster is coming along nicely and the track work is very smooth I've been on this coaster before at Cedar Point and I think yours is smoother than the real ride is because that was one short and rough ride in the back row, keep it up dude!

Thanks!

The track shaping is perfect, I don't see anything wrong with it even after looking at the pictures for 20 mins. Keep it up! :)

Thanks!

Nice and smooth track work! Very good work!

Thanks Jumpge!

That's really very pretty. Nice work, Turtle.

Thanks Stig!

Anyways, about all the boxes and everything. The basement, you could say, is my building space for this coaster right now. But, I will not be keeping it down here. I'll have to set it up outside so everyone knows because this thing is a monster!
Anyways, I have an update!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
^All three airhills hills connected.
Posted Image
^And a video just for lolz.

Please comment!

turtleman24.png

#32 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

4th picture: Is that a straight spot on the top of the hill?(It seems like it would be since it is reflecting a light source that is more or less right above it.)
Edit: Also, in the video thumbnail, the hill's crest closest to the screen seems to have a sharp spot on it. Other than this, I don't see anything wrong with this.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#33 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

This coaster looks great so far! I don't see anything wrong with it, everything is smooth. May I ask how many sets you have?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#34 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Everything looks great so far. That big hill, is that the one before the turn? (I am looking at the coaster at RCDB and just wondering which parts you have built)

Posted Image

#35 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wow, I'm impressed by this coaster so far! Looks great man, really :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#36 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

this looks really good! nice army clothes by the way.

#37 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

That's some very good shaping. Everything looks great, keep going, can't wait for the set up! How are you doing on parts? It looks their a few more part saving techniques you could use.

#38 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

4th picture: Is that a straight spot on the top of the hill?(It seems like it would be since it is reflecting a light source that is more or less right above it.)
Edit: Also, in the video thumbnail, the hill's crest closest to the screen seems to have a sharp spot on it. Other than this, I don't see anything wrong with this.

1st, no, 2nd, yes, i've noticed that. Thanks

This coaster looks great so far! I don't see anything wrong with it, everything is smooth. May I ask how many sets you have?

Thanks, and about how many sets I have, i'm not sure about that.

Everything looks great so far. That big hill, is that the one before the turn? (I am looking at the coaster at RCDB and just wondering which parts you have built)

Thanks! And yes, that is the big hill before the turn as you can see in the test below.

Wow, I'm impressed by this coaster so far! Looks great man, really :)
-=Tk=-

Thanks man!

this looks really good! nice army clothes by the way.

Haha, thanks!

That's some very good shaping. Everything looks great, keep going, can't wait for the set up! How are you doing on parts? It looks their a few more part saving techniques you could use.

Thanks! As of parts, I am pretty much out of granites because of my wingrider being up.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments guys! I really appreciate it.
Here's a test video for all the comments. :) And yes, I did set it up in the cold for you guys.

Posted Image

(ignore that it curves tp the right inside of the left, there wasn't room for me to move the lift over anymore.)

Posted Image

Posted Image
My cat wanted to test the clearance of the tunnel

Posted Image

Edit: I kind of forgot that I was recording when I said, "Oh yeah!" lol. Then I saw the camera, then I was like, oh.

Please comment!

Edited by Turtle Man 24, 08 January 2013 - 09:09 PM.

turtleman24.png

#39 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Nice coaster, interesting mess. Random cabbages, marshmellos and pretzels amongst old gym equipment, tools, toys, kerosene, tractor....very interesting indeed.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#40 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

"oh yeah!" nice job so far turtle. this looks great!