I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Looking good!

But I see a very big bumb:

*pic*

Please, fix it...

KBP

As Helmut said, it is suppose to be there. Thanks!

nice you listenend to me to do a roadside setup! It looks very good just fix the bumps and finish it.

Thanks! And can you point out what bumps you are talking about?

Wow that is long! Anyway the straight spot right there is how it's supposed to be, as is everything else. Going to add middle tubing?

Yes I am going to add middle tubing, but I don't really do that during tests for this because it's already enough of a pain to add the regular tubing onto the track. Thanks!

That straight spot is supposed to be there. The second half of the airhill could use some more work. The length of this coaster is impressive, and I am glad to see the train makes it!

Yes it is, and thanks!

The speed on this looks awesome! I bet it will make it back to the station without any problems.

Hopefully it will! Thanks!

The audio of the first 7 seconds of the test video is excellent. Also, good work...I'm just now seeing this, so is this road setup the final location and you're building/storing it in sections elsewhere?

Thanks! And the road setup was just to test it, but I'm not entirely sure if that's where i'll have it set up or if i'll have it set up somewhere else. And I do take it apart into pieces, thanks for asking! Most of the time I store the pieces in our garage, and I take like two pieces down to the basement to work on because that's where most of my k'nex is. But like for the lift when I work on it? There'll be no way to get it into our basement, haha. I'll just have to work on the lift in the garage where my wingrider(Night Hawk) is at.

*pic*
no words. can't wait to see this done!

Thanks!

Update time!

I got pretty much the whole turn around set up(no tubing and track strengtheners yet). I'll probably add them after I do the airhill that's right beside the big 3rd airhill(maybe). After I add tubing to the track, the turn around should look a little better from the view above it. Anyways, here's the pics. Oh and if you were wondering, I will most likely add the diagonals sometime, just not right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh and if any of you where wondering how long the coaster is, just to give you an estimate, that blue Ford Crown Victoria that Blue Streak is set up beside in the last update is about 18 ft long according to my brother.

Please comment!

Edited by Turtle Man 24, 02 August 2013 - 12:07 AM.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#62 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

That looks awesome! I hope the train will clear this turn with a really low speed, just like the real ride.

Posted Image

#63 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Wow, this looks really good...

Posted Image

#64 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

It`s looking really nice , and so realistic on height and speed. This is coming along very nicely almost perfect to the real one.=) Complaints none , That`s how good this thing is great job and can`t wait to see it finished. I see you still have that contest coaster up , seems like you must have a lot of pieces lol.;)

#65 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

As I basically said to you in chat, this is looking very awesome. It looks smooth before you've even added the track.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#66 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

That looks awesome! I hope the train will clear this turn with a really low speed, just like the real ride.

Thanks! And I may find that out sometime within a week or two if I get a chance to set it up again! :)

Wow, this looks really good...

Thanks!

It`s looking really nice , and so realistic on height and speed. This is coming along very nicely almost perfect to the real one.=) Complaints none , That`s how good this thing is great job and can`t wait to see it finished. I see you still have that contest coaster up , seems like you must have a lot of pieces lol.;)

Thanks! I can't wait to see it finished too! And yeah, I guess you could say I have a lot of pieces, haha.

As I basically said to you in chat, this is looking very awesome. It looks smooth before you've even added the track.

Thanks! I think it looks even smoother now that I added the track and track strengtheners!

Update!

Alright, first of all, I want to say sorry for close close ups, I couldn't really do much to take a good side view of the turn around and the drop from it since it's right in between all that stuff. But yeah, let me know about the shaping compared to the real thing and if I should change anything. And here are the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image
^Couldn't decide which would've been better so I just uploaded both of them
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
^I'm not so sure about this hill....I need opinions on the shaping.
Posted Image
^Overview

And put any questions, comments and/or concerns in a post below, please!

turtleman24.png

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#67 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! i'd only say that the button right of the hill looks a little weird.

#68 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

That airhill is to much like the one behind it, the crest needs to be smaller and the angle of entry a little bit steeper. This looks bootiful, I wonder what element youll do next :P (totally kidding).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#69 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

This looks really cool! It looks exactly like the real thing and everything is super smooth! Also, are you going to add railings?

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#70 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! i'd only say that the button right of the hill looks a little weird.

Thanks! And could you please point it out to me?

That airhill is to much like the one behind it, the crest needs to be smaller and the angle of entry a little bit steeper. This looks bootiful, I wonder what element youll do next :P (totally kidding).

If you can provide me with a drawing on top of my picture, it'd be a lot easier to fix. And thanks!

This looks really cool! It looks exactly like the real thing and everything is super smooth! Also, are you going to add railings?

Thanks! And that's what I was hoping to do, add railings.

Update!
Finally, back to some good ol' buildin'.

Posted Image
Where the rest of it is stored for now^
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need some help on the shaping of the end of the coaster. Any tips or anything?

turtleman24.png

#71 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

here:

but it could easily be my mind tricking me so,

Posted Image

#72 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

here:

but it could easily be my mind tricking me so,

Thanks! And i'll check that out sometime.

Anyways guys, I was wondering if you think this is better or if the one in the previous update was better. Or if I should still even change this because I done some slight adjustments to it to make it a little closer to the real thing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please comment!

turtleman24.png

#73 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Wondering, do you guys think I should do catwalks and railings? If so, which should I do, for the railings? I put pictures of all 4 combinations for you to see. Green flexies/brown ladders, green flexies/orange ladders, grey rods/orange ladders, or grey rods/brown ladders. I already had a couple people tell me grey rods/brown ladders, but I want to see what other people's opinions are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please let me know your opinions.

Edited by Turtle Man 24, 13 November 2013 - 08:46 PM.

turtleman24.png

#74 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

I think the grey rods and the orange connectors look best but the grey rods with the brown connectors looks good too. Can't wait to see it run! :D

Posted Image

#75 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

You should enter this for TM, you would have a good shot at winning! Personally I would say the grey rods with orange connectors look the best but its all up to you :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 14 November 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#76 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

This is looking awesome! I like the grey rods and brown ladders best, but the btown and green looks good too.

#77 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

I like grey rods and orange ladders but the coaster will be brilliant no matter what way you do it! :D

#78 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'd say either orange or brown with gray rods. If you have enough pieces to pull it off, this will look great.

#79 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

I think you should combine them all into one catwalk. Possibly a problem solved! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#80 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

I vote for gray rods with brown connectors. I feel like the other colors draw too much attention to the catwalk instead of the coaster.