Blue Streak (7/16/2015)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#81 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

I think the grey rods and the orange connectors look best but the grey rods with the brown connectors looks good too. Can't wait to see it run! :D

In a way, I was thinking the same about grey rods and orange connectors. Thank you for your input! I can't wait to see it run its full curcuit either! :D

You should enter this for TM, you would have a good shot at winning! Personally I would say the grey rods with orange connectors look the best but its all up to you :)

Hmmmm, i'll think about entering it, depending on when I finish. :) Like I said to Josh, I was thinking the same, and thank you for your input!

This is looking awesome! I like the grey rods and brown ladders best, but the btown and green looks good too.

Thank you! I was thinking the brown and grey look pretty good too, just kind of hard to decide which though. Thank you for your input!

I like grey rods and orange ladders but the coaster will be brilliant no matter what way you do it! :D

I was thinking the same, but like I've said before, it's kkind of a hard decision for me. Thank you for your input! :D

I'd say either orange or brown with gray rods. If you have enough pieces to pull it off, this will look great.

Yeah, I was thinking grey rods. Just not sure if I should use brown or orange ladders. And I believe it will look great, if I have the pieces, too! Thank you for your input!

I think you should combine them all into one catwalk. Possibly a problem solved! :D

Nah, I'm not trying to be overly colorfull, haha. Thanks for the input anyways! :D

I vote for gray rods with brown connectors. I feel like the other colors draw too much attention to the catwalk instead of the coaster.

Hmmm, I see where you're going with this. It's still kind of hard to decide about which one to use, between the orange and brown. Maybe I will just use brown though.

Been a bit more than a month since this last "update". I've had a few people ask me if I am still building Blue Streak, or what happened to Blue Streak, or something to that effect. Anyways, I've built some more of the catwalk so far. I've also started on the diagonal supports for the lift. I've had this lift fall down so many times, i'm surprised it hasn't been damaged very much!(usually only a few pieces disconnected or something) I have the 3 smaller ones completed(I'm pretty sure). The biggest one though, I believe I might have to order some more of them ball joint pieces, because they've came in handy while building the diagonal supports for the lift. Anyways, that's enough talking, onto picutures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And as always, please comment!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#82 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Looking good so far. I love the diagonals!
Edit: When I saw there was an update for this I flipped out with excitement XD

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#83 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Wow. Look at all those coasters.

#84 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

And all thos K'nex pieces!
The lift is looking very cool and the catwalks are good, will you also be adding like the little house on the top of the lift?

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#85 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

4th picture: Is that a straight spot on the top of the hill?(It seems like it would be since it is reflecting a light source that is more or less right above it.)
Edit: Also, in the video thumbnail, the hill's crest closest to the screen seems to have a sharp spot on it. Other than this, I don't see anything wrong with this.

I personally, don't think there is a straight spot on that hill I think it is just an illusion. This is looking like a very great re-cre

#86 RobinRide

RobinRide

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Very realistic, keep it up!

#87 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Looks great. I love the way you built that lift structure.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#88 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

The colour scheme is fabulous! That drop is stunning, I hope you can keep those boardwalks up through the entire ride!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#89 Rushfriend

Rushfriend

Dutch Coaster Lover !

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

OMG this coaster looks very good. Can't wait to see it in action !

Greets Rushfriend

Love coasters !!

#90 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

This is looking amazing the shaping and especially the detail of this coaster is incredible.

#91 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Looking good so far. I love the diagonals!
Edit: When I saw there was an update for this I flipped out with excitement XD

Haha, thanks!

Lots coasters

And all thos K'nex pieces!
The lift is looking very cool and the catwalks are good, will you also be adding like the little house on the top of the lift?

Many k'nex.
wow.
Thanks! And yes, I should be adding the little roof at the top, as far as I know I will.

I personally, don't think there is a straight spot on that hill I think it is just an illusion. This is looking like a very great re-cre

Thanks!

Very realistic, keep it up!

Thank you!

Looks great. I love the way you built that lift structure.

Thanks! I like it too. :)

The colour scheme is fabulous! That drop is stunning, I hope you can keep those boardwalks up through the entire ride!

Thanks! I hope I can too!

OMG this coaster looks very good. Can't wait to see it in action !

Greets Rushfriend

Thanks! And it'll probably be a while before you see it in action again. ;)

This is looking amazing the shaping and especially the detail of this coaster is incredible.

Thanks!

Hmmm.....what is it?????

Posted Image

Posted Image

turtleman24.png

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#92 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Obviously a launch. Obviously

Spoiler

Edited by timtimlaz, 15 February 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#93 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

A very long and meticulously angled brake run. It looks great.

#94 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Timonator, everyone knows Blue Streak does not have a launch, it is obviously the lift hill.

Looks good, can't wait to see this thing running.

Posted Image

#95 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

ITS A BREAK RUN ITS SO LONG BECAUSE HE WILL USE THE EDDY CURRANT BREAKS :o (just a guess)

#96 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Looks very nice. It would be very cool to see eddy current brakes on the brake run, but you could always use just simple brakes and it would take away from the awesome creation you have.
Can't wait to see see the station! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#97 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Obviously a launch. Obviously

Spoiler

Nah. ;)

A very long and meticulously angled brake run. It looks great.

Yup, thanks!

Timonator, everyone knows Blue Streak does not have a launch, it is obviously the lift hill.

Looks good, can't wait to see this thing running.

Haha, thanks! I'm not sure when the next time is when you'll see this set up and running.

ITS A BREAK RUN ITS SO LONG BECAUSE HE WILL USE THE EDDY CURRANT BREAKS :o (just a guess)

Never thought of that. I'll put that on my thinking list.

Looks very nice. It would be very cool to see eddy current brakes on the brake run, but you could always use just simple brakes and it would take away from the awesome creation you have.
Can't wait to see see the station! :)

Thanks!

Some of you(several at least) have seen the beginning of the station. As the station isn't anywhere near completion, I was wanting to at least show you what I have done so far(and what happened to the brakerun and transfer track).
First off, the brakerun in its current state.
Posted Image
And now the station, and where the transfer track was/will be.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next update may include the transfer track and more of the station, and the brakerun fixed.

turtleman24.png

#98 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Quite the station you got there ;) . I like custom cars, they look pretty authentic.
You seem to have an infinite amount of pieces at this point!

ReadThisBackwards

Me is CLK 10...So I Be Building Dem Tube Supports

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Coaster! Yay! http://www.sscoaster...-coaster-16747/

#99 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

That's an impressive station. I was unaware you had this many parts!

Posted Image

#100 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

That is quite incredible there, im loving the colors in this build.