Blue Streak (7/16/2015)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#121 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Option 1 is my vote. Amazing coaster and hopefully i can get the magnets to work for the brakes... Me encantan mucho...

39797.png

#122 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

As others said, option one. It doesn't make the track seem hidden and you probably want this done anyways. How close are you to finishing this?

#123 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

I like option 1, it looks cleaner and spiffier!

#124 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Option one looks the best IMO.
If you are going to set it up anywhere, I might have to come over there and see it.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#125 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Dude, how long have you been working on this coaster? I prefer option 1, like everyone else. Can't wait to see it set up!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#126 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

As all the other SSC'ers said, option 1 looks the best. I am glad this is still being built!

Signature not available 

#127 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

I would go with option 1 as well. When can we expect a full setup? I cannot wait to see this coaster up and running!

Posted Image

#128 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm so glad this is almost finally finished because Blue Streak will be one of my all time favorite wooden coasters. K'nex wise, option 1 looks better, but option 2 is closer to the height of the real railings, the only problem is it wouldn't look as clean and the train wouldn't stand out as much as option 1. Good luck making all of it, and soon finishing this incredible recreation.

#129 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

Option 1. I like how the station feels kinda old school.

#130 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

I prefer option 1 as well like everyone else said

K`nex always for life ;)

#131 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

[quote name='Killerbunny']I prefer option 1, it looks closer to the level of railing on real woodies and it doesn't obstruct your view of the track.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='TEDDSTER']Option 1 is my vote. Amazing coaster and hopefully i can get the magnets to work for the brakes... Me encantan mucho...[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I hope you can too. Even if they don't, I still may try them. Just depends.

[quote name='Timonator']As others said, option one. It doesn't make the track seem hidden and you probably want this done anyways. How close are you to finishing this?[/QUOTE]

Thank you! As for How close I am, I just need to put on a motor setup, get station/brakerun finished, and the catwalks/rails done. So mainly just theming, besides the motor setup.

[quote name='Gvus2001']I like option 1, it looks cleaner and spiffier![/QUOTE]

Thanks you!

[quote name='TheZachMan28']Option one looks the best IMO.
If you are going to set it up anywhere, I might have to come over there and see it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll let all you know when I have it set up, if I do in a public spot.

[quote name='alpal']Dude, how long have you been working on this coaster? I prefer option 1, like everyone else. Can't wait to see it set up![/QUOTE]

A long time, lol. Thank you!

[quote name='Connector1o1']As all the other SSC'ers said, option 1 looks the best. I am glad this is still being built![/QUOTE]

Thank you! And i'm glad i'm still working on it too!

[quote name='Helmut']I would go with option 1 as well. When can we expect a full setup? I cannot wait to see this coaster up and running![/QUOTE]

Thank you! As for full setup, probably in the summer sometime. Maybe sometime soon, since school gets out on the 28th.

[quote name='N C c o a s t e r']I'm so glad this is almost finally finished because Blue Streak will be one of my all time favorite wooden coasters. K'nex wise, option 1 looks better, but option 2 is closer to the height of the real railings, the only problem is it wouldn't look as clean and the train wouldn't stand out as much as option 1. Good luck making all of it, and soon finishing this incredible recreation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but wanted to see what you guys thought first. Thank you!

[quote name='Mr. Mackey']Option 1. I like how the station feels kinda old school.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you!

[quote name='crazyracer']I prefer option 1 as well like everyone else said[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Update

This is an update to show you where I am on the catwalks/rails atm, and to show you the diagonals for the turn around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
^And extra rails waiting to be used.

Please comment!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#132 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

This is looking great! The catwalks look even better than I had anticipated, I love those catwalks! :)

Signature not available 

#133 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

Those catwalks are awesome! They will eat parts like a monster but it looks really good!

#134 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see this thing in action! :P

#135 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

I can't find the catwalks on this! :P If I were to point out anything, it would be that sometimes, the X-ties are really close together, such as in the 2nd picture. Of course, this does look good!

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#136 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

This is looking great! The catwalks look even better than I had anticipated, I love those catwalks! :)

Yeah, I think they do too. Thank you!

Those catwalks are awesome! They will eat parts like a monster but it looks really good!

Yes, they do eat parts up, haha. Thank you!

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see this thing in action! :P

Thank you! May not be soon since snows moving in. You never know though.

I can't find the catwalks on this! :P If I were to point out anything, it would be that sometimes, the X-ties are really close together, such as in the 2nd picture. Of course, this does look good!

I see what you mean, i'll try to see what I can do.

Don't really feel like saying too much at the moment, so enjoy!
The coaster as of like 5 days ago.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
And it as of now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
A few k'nexies or whatever in the spoiler.
Spoiler

And the rest of the coaster atm.
Posted Image

Posted Image
And a test video of the lift.

Please comment!

Edited by Turtle Man 24, 17 November 2014 - 03:55 PM.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#137 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:23 PM

That is one amazing build! The lift is really nice and smooth but I agree it may be worth adding an extra motor to help get it up to the top. It's a pity it's covered in snow, but it'll be worth it in the end!
Now finish it! :P

#138 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

This is looking lovely! The lift hill works beautifully. You standing next to it puts it into perspective how massive this thing is. Great work so far, I can't wait to see the final product!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#139 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

I don't see anything to criticize on... looks good, turtle! :) And um... is that you in those pictures? You look so different from the last time I saw a picture of you before. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else, I don't know.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#140 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

This is looking absolutely incredible, I see nothing wrong so far!
I want snow!, I'm getting so pumped for ski season.