• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Maybe this will help

Oh my gosh.... that picture helps a lot! Thank you so much!
I've also looked at Sheikra on Google Maps, really helps! I can get a ground view of almost all around the ride, and zoom in on specific parts of track. It's a good thing I'm not making Griffon, I also tried to find Griffon and it took FOREVER. Anyway...

UPDATE! An actual update!
I've finished the pullin and made most of the immelman. Here are some pictures to look at.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't know if you can tell, but there are several straight spots on the immelman, the biggest one being this:
Posted Image

The pullout, with a straight spot in it that WILL be fixed.
Posted Image

The pullin that is fixed, I hope you guys like it.
Posted Image

An overview! :)
Posted Image

What could this possibly be? Go ahead, guess! :D Hint: It's not the brakerun.
Posted Image

Finally, a test video.
Posted Image

Give me comments or give me criticizes! Also tell me I'm doing this right. The trains have 2 cars, if you couldn't tell, and each car has one battery on it. I will put those batteries under the car later. In the mean time, have a great day!

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#22 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Looks good,,just add ,ore laterals, to reduce the shaking on the immelemen. Is that track piece the part were the second train stops after the first train goes to the lift?

#23 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

There is a splice in the track before the hold mechanism.

EDIT: could the last picture be a water splash???????

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#24 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

It is the water splash^. I am sure of it. It is blue.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#25 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

It is the water splash^. I am sure of it. It is blue.

Yep! You're both right! It is the water splash! :D
I have covered it in blue duck tape, but unfortunately, when I put the water in, it keeps finding excuses to get out of the bowl. I even put clear plastic wrap on the ENTIRE thing, and it's still leaking! What the heck? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#26 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'll need pics to help you with the splashdown.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#27 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Umm, don't put water in it? That's what I am doing, I really don't think it will get you any extra points.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#28 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

^Working water splash should definitely get more points.

The best advice I would say as for the water leaking is to just make sure everything is wrapped and covered up. Maybe check your duct tape and make sure there is no tears or holes.

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#29 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh yea, might as well show pictures of it, silly me I forgot. :P

The structure of the splashdown:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It is covered in one layer of tape, this is before I will add clear plastic wrap and another layer.
Posted Image

The single layer kept finding excuses for the water to leak. I've got a plan, and really, it has NO EXCUSE to leak when I will be done. If this doesn't work, I'm going to add glue to the seams and then if that STILL doesn't work, then there will be no water. I spent a good $3 on the duck tape, and I'm not letting well spent money go to waste.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#30 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Great job so far SCM! I really like the splash down. Will there be things on the cars to make the water spray up?

#31 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Where is it leaking?

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#32 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

I hate to be rude, but I can't see a thing.

Blame the camera! For some reason, it can't take pictures during the day.

Yeah the pullout is but not the transaction from holding brake to drop that is a big no-no. The pullin to the drop needs to bee bigger like this.
..........__________
......./
...../
.....l
With a curve something more like that.

Fixed it! Although I forgot to take pictures of it :P.

The holding brake curve is way too small.

Also, don't double post. It will get you less comments and backfire on your thread.

Oh OK thanks for the tip! I fixed the curve.

Well you can see it, But please have better lighting next time. I think that will make it easier to see :D

I think I got better lighting! :)

Update! A small update, but an important part of the ride is pretty much done: the station. It has automatic gates, and well, I'll let these do all the talking:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here is a video, I'll try and get it to be timed better, but it is the general idea of what I'm trying to do here.

Posted Image

Give me comments or give me criticizes!
That's all for now. :)

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#33 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Mhm, it's a shame that I cannot critique your way you built the station, but the gates seem to jerk and not make a smooth opening and closing procedure.

#34 finrollercoaste09

finrollercoaste09

Comming soon Typhoon X!!!

• 316 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

I think the train needs to stop to the station first, then open gates, close and then motor turn on. Otherwise i'ts great! :)

#35 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

This is not an update. I have questions.
I need help on this. Sorry if you thought it was an update, I just need help. I was looking at cg987's thread and so some of the comments are saying the pre-drop curve leading into the holding brake wasn't turning to 180ยบ, so if it isn't then what degree is it? Can someone please draw like a shape of that curve? Also, could someone draw me the layout from an aerial view? (I know the layout, but not where things go) Help is appreciated! :)

Why don't you study the coaster itself? Draw your own pictures instead of having other people draw you pictures.

I have been studying it for months, it's just that I need a view from up in the air, so that I know where everything goes, this way I'm doing it right. I have been drawing pictures, but I'm troubled with the uprising curve into the MCBR. I know it's at an angle, but I don't know what angle it is. Sorry. I don't like asking help from members, not that they don't give good help or anything, they do, it's just that I don't like having other members have to take some time off their schedule just so I can get a helpful picture of the ride that only benefits me and not them. I really wouldn't ask AT ALL unless I really needed it. Sorry if I sound stubborn and I'm not listening to a word you're saying.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#36 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Why don't you study the coaster itself? Draw your own pictures instead of having other people draw you pictures.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#37 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

Maybe this will help

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#38 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Maybe this will help

Oh my gosh.... that picture helps a lot! Thank you so much!
I've also looked at Sheikra on Google Maps, really helps! I can get a ground view of almost all around the ride, and zoom in on specific parts of track. It's a good thing I'm not making Griffon, I also tried to find Griffon and it took FOREVER. Anyway...

UPDATE! An actual update!
I've finished the pullin and made most of the immelman. Here are some pictures to look at.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't know if you can tell, but there are several straight spots on the immelman, the biggest one being this:
Posted Image

The pullout, with a straight spot in it that WILL be fixed.
Posted Image

The pullin that is fixed, I hope you guys like it.
Posted Image

An overview! :)
Posted Image

What could this possibly be? Go ahead, guess! :D Hint: It's not the brakerun.
Posted Image

Finally, a test video.
Posted Image

Give me comments or give me criticizes! Also tell me I'm doing this right. The trains have 2 cars, if you couldn't tell, and each car has one battery on it. I will put those batteries under the car later. In the mean time, have a great day!

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#39 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Looks good,,just add ,ore laterals, to reduce the shaking on the immelemen. Is that track piece the part were the second train stops after the first train goes to the lift?

#40 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image
thanx CC10

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scm, sheikra, war