scm sheikra war

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

It is the water splash^. I am sure of it. It is blue.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#42 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

There is a splice in the track before the hold mechanism.

EDIT: could the last picture be a water splash???????

It is the water splash^. I am sure of it. It is blue.

Yep! You're both right! It is the water splash! :D
I have covered it in blue duck tape, but unfortunately, when I put the water in, it keeps finding excuses to get out of the bowl. I even put clear plastic wrap on the ENTIRE thing, and it's still leaking! What the heck? Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#43 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'll need pics to help you with the splashdown.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#44 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Umm, don't put water in it? That's what I am doing, I really don't think it will get you any extra points.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#45 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

^Working water splash should definitely get more points.

The best advice I would say as for the water leaking is to just make sure everything is wrapped and covered up. Maybe check your duct tape and make sure there is no tears or holes.

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#46 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh yea, might as well show pictures of it, silly me I forgot. :P

The structure of the splashdown:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It is covered in one layer of tape, this is before I will add clear plastic wrap and another layer.
Posted Image

The single layer kept finding excuses for the water to leak. I've got a plan, and really, it has NO EXCUSE to leak when I will be done. If this doesn't work, I'm going to add glue to the seams and then if that STILL doesn't work, then there will be no water. I spent a good $3 on the duck tape, and I'm not letting well spent money go to waste.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#47 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Great job so far SCM! I really like the splash down. Will there be things on the cars to make the water spray up?

#48 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Where is it leaking?

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#49 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

^It's leaking on the sides some. I have a plan to fix it, though.

UPDATE TIME!! Took long enough, wow.
I've made the small details of the station area, and the MCBR details. Here are pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is the catwalk. I've never seen anyone do it like this, so I was like, "Why not?"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That is all for now. I just want to make sure everything will "fall" into place. I will hopefully continue next Friday, but don't count on it.
Comment! Criticize! :D

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#50 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

In the last picture, the catwalk is sagging, and I think the MCBR looks great so far. In the 2nd to last picture, your supports are bending at the diveloop, and the diveloop needs to start twisting earlier. That's all I'll say.
And there are spiral stairs up to the MCBR
IOA- sorry :P I remember now.

#51 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just fix the Immelmann and the catwalk like cg said and your good, actually cg is wrong about the stars your right all along just keep doing what your doing with the stairs!

#52 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

In the last picture, the catwalk is sagging, and I think the MCBR looks great so far. In the 2nd to last picture, your supports are bending at the diveloop, and the diveloop needs to start twisting earlier. That's all I'll say.
And there are spiral stairs up to the MCBR
IOA- sorry :P I remember now.

Spiral stairs? Yeah... lol. What were you thinking? :P
The dive loop is fixed, sort of.
I'm glad they're not spiral stairs, I can't make spiral stairs taller than 1 grey rod. (can anyone tell me how to make it taller?)

UPDATE TIME!
I have finished the brakerun, placed the MCBR at the approximate place it's going to be, continued the track to about halfway in the curve, and nearly ran out of yellow half moons.
BEFORE COMMENTING
Yes, I know the track has bumps and stuff in it, I just want to make sure everything is in place so far. The catwalk is still not fixed, I'll do that if I have enough pieces left. I'll explain more with these pictures and two videos.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now, what could this possibly be for? ;)
Posted Image

Here is what the brake run and station does. Here is a video:
Posted Image

Of course I'll put a test run! Remember, though, SUPPORTING IS NOT COMPLETE!
Posted Image
Comment, criticize, etc. and check back maybe next Friday for the next update!
Have a great day.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#53 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Shakey..... And your supports are bending. That's not good. I like the station though!
Just support the drop after the Dive Loop. :)

#54 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

UPDATE TIME! Wow, I just made a really long and detailed post, but forgot to submit it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comment and Criticize. Updates should come more frequently now.
Edit: Can someone tell me WHY there is a blue emoticon on the top of the 25th post?
Edit: (Again) Can you guys give me what you think I should do so it gets to the MCBR? I think I should make the curve smaller & the height of the MCBR shorter. Anyone agree?
And, wow, I said 'MCBR' a lot in this update.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#55 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Double post, but what choice do I have?

Guys, I got bad news about SheiKra. Unfortunately, due to school reasons, this will have to be put away. I will reassemble this in the nearest, Christmas vacation, or, the latest, Summer Vacation. Please note that I will take off most of the track, and when I rebuild it I'll perfect the track so any bump or sharp spot you see is simply temporary.
------
My original plan, since this was a double post, was to have the ride ALMOST completed, but unfortunately that didn't happen.
From last time, I've made the immelman taller, and I think this is the tallest it can go. It's approx. 2ft under the main drop. Also, I've connected the splashdown (which unfortunately was impossible to waterproof despite all of the layers of duct tape, besides, the water in it was barely noticeable) I've made the helix after the ride, surprisingly very hard to shape. Next, I've made the brakes for it, these will slow it down before it hits the brakerun so it goes through that at a nice speed besides flying through the station. Also, the pre-lift curve has been made, but remember: It is just to get the general shaping. Obviously will be supported more in several months. Now time for the pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A picture just for fun.
Posted Image

The brakerun and station, looking as awesome as ever.
Posted Image

Here are the peices I have left. Should be enough to complete the rest of it and also add the tiniest crazy details.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A lot of tires which I don't think I'll even use for this, but here's a picture of it anyway.
Posted Image

The station roof.
Posted Image

Also, I do have a plan for the curve after the immelman in mind to make it look much better, but could someone (or some people) give me a draw-over of what YOU think looks good? I want some different opinions, and see if I like those better than mine.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#56 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

this is awesome cant wait too see it

#57 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Posted Image
I've been waiting a long time for this. Soon enough, SheiKra's construction will continue. But for now... it has to be resurrected. I'll talk more about it tomorrow. In the meantime, stay tuned for an "update".
Edit: Now that it's morning I can go into more detail. So, this is how things will work: (BTW, I will be changing these to red as I get them done)
1) Take out sections
2) Reassemble sections (On a specific note, here's what I have done;
Lift hill, brakerun, MCBR, MCBR stairs, pre-lift curve, curve, pullout, station roof, immelman)
3) Add track (now is my chance to really shape everything better)
4) Add finishing touches (this being the queue line, which I really don't have any idea of how it looks like could somebody either draw it out or describe it for me? You would get a special thanks.)
5) Make the final video, give the coaster the "final run", and then tear it down.
----
On an additional note, after Christmas Break, I will not be aloud to play with my knex until summer, so the next coaster won't be until then. (sorry)
----
Edit:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The sections yet to be reassembled...
Posted Image
BTW, I've decided to ditch the standard station pieces so I can use the pieces for supports and all. I think it looks cooler than before.
Posted Image
Edit:
Posted Image
I want to make sure shaping is good this time around, so tell me if you see anything wrong.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#58 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Looks good so far, keep on putting that thing up so we can see it! :)

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#59 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

"Update" time. I've began the immelman and for the first time, added flooring and supports to the pre-lift curve, and added the tedious to make micro station roof. To my great disappointment, the train won't make it through the immelman yet, but then again: it is not yet really supported. Still need to add track strengtheners. Alright, pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(Also, did I get the banking right at the top of the immelman?)

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#60 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Could we get a direct side-view of the immelman? There might be something that can be improved, but it is a bit hard to point out now.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scm, sheikra, war