Fraggie Force

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#21 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Still looking super smooth. I don't think I see any straight spots. There may be a slight one just after the middle of the corner in the 4th picture but that's probably me being over picky or my eyes are just deceiving me. One of the two. Supports I can definitely see are not finished for the new section but the swooping corner looks very well supported with lots of connections to the structure. That is all.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#22 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Everything looks very smooth so far! Wait, I might have the same phone as in the second picture. :P

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#23 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Your building very fast and great. It is a giga right? Keep surprising me with great elements.;)

#24 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I have one question. I tested it with 6 cars and it barely doesn't make it. but when the train is moving, the wheels are very noisy. 3 of the cars are brand new. I did oil them and they are weighted. How can I avoid the noisey wheels? I know they are slowing it down and I'm pretty sure it will make it once the problem is fixed. So basically my question is how to you fix new cars?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

It's looking really nice so far! I'm just wandering: what is your proposed layout for the ride? I see that you don't have much room left until you will be forced to turn, but I think that a nice turning dive and a buckel underneath the hill would be a great element. Personally, I like the fact that you don't seem to have much run, because it forces the layout together. A Skyrush and Raging Bull style is what I predict we will see, and it would be amazing!

Formally RK500

#26 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Super smooth but the top of the hill seems to be inconsistent. Try to make it more parabolic.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#27 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Ooo you got a few weird spots on that thing for sure. Try just have straight 45* supports the whole way up and then adjust the steepness by the track, not the support.

How about Top Thrill Fragster?

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#28 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

In the 2nd picture. 5 yellows up. Looks a little sharp.
But everything else looks great. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

#29 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

For the noisey wheels, there are two different sets of wheels. One set is closed on both sides and one set is open on one side. The ones that are open I have noticed tend be slightly louder in general.
If you have brand new cars, keep dropping on the course for a bit (if you have a small circuit build that works best) and then try just a drop of oil again. Sometimes things just need broken in a bit, especially to get the oil distributed across the axle.

A second thing to check it to make sure all of the axles are seated corrected. Make sure none of the tabs are chipped or broken. If there is to much slop in the axle seating it will cause loud wheels and also because of the play in the axle slow down the cars.

Good luck.

The build is looking great so far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Some people have commented about the shaping of the hill. I agree mostly there are a few weird spots. The only comment I really have is that for the supports of the turning pullout, you have supports for those radii connectors laying flat with the ground. Since you have a carpet you can use red or green connectors instead and get a butter support because if will be pushing into the carpet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#31 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

There are a few straight spots but it looks very nice!

#32 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

regarding loose axles due to chipped or broken tabs. Has anyone successfully rebuilt those tabs? I accidently nipped one off of a rear car I was converting to a middle. I didn't notice until it was all painted and reassembled. I have not been able to use it because it really slows the train down.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#33 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Nice one Chubs! ;)

On about a six granite height the hill starts getting too steep. Please have another look at pictures of real rollercoasters to see if you find it really necessary to change it or how to do it.

Posted Image

#34 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

The hill is a bit too steep. Consider perhaps moving the crest back a granite or so and adjusting the hill supports to match to sort it out. Thats another option. Otherwise it's still very smooth.
Small change to the name from what was at Flamingo Land, Fragnum Force. Or perhaps Fragon Mountain. Even Fragon Kahn.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#35 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Changed the pullou a little bit and adjusted the hill. How is this guys?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!

#36 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Looks great to me! I think this is going to be a really EPIC coaster :D cat in second picture :o
EDIT: Is it just me or is there a little straight spot 3rd picture?

If you wouldn't build it with knex, don't build it at all

#37 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Looks amazing. As William said I think there might be a small issue right at the start of the crest, I don't know if that is what he was talking about but thats where I see it.

Posted Image

#38 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

It's looking fantastic as ever!

Posted Image

#39 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

I think I see some straightness at the start of the crest as well but nothing that can't be easily fixed. Everything else is excellent though.

Tyndrum

#40 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Okay I think I finally got it. How is this? Made a few adjustments to the hill.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

PLEASE COMMENT!