Fraggie Force

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#41 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

That looks really smooth now. No real straight spots visible to me. Are you able to climb through those supports for that crest?

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#42 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Gump Approves!

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#43 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

The wide crest looks cool!

Posted Image

#44 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Everything looks amazing.

#45 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Pure awesomeness :D

#46 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

I didn't know that blackkitty lived with you :P

Anyways, awesome shaping, keep it up!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#47 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hmmmmmmm.......Name that layout...
Posted Image

#48 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Double post but I have an update.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please Comment!

#49 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

The shaping is absolutely perfect, really it is a great B&M camelback. Not really anything else to be said at this point.

#50 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

That hill is super smooth and I like it a lot! It is so different seeing you build something other than a woodie, which is actually a good thing! This is coming along so smooth already and I cannot wait to see this layout!

I am really looking forwards to this next element. I hope you build as quick as you've already been building because I want to see it done as soon as I can!

Posted Image

#51 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

Darn, looks like I won't be the first builder to complete that element after all. Good thing someone with lots of experience is doing it tho! I'm really excited about this coaster, haha. Love it.

#52 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

Shaping is stiill awesome. I think you just about nailed that crest there. This ride is going to be huge when you finish it. I can't wait.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#53 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Shaping is stiill awesome. I think you just about nailed that crest there. This ride is going to be huge when you finish it. I can't wait.

Thanks!! I know this is the biggest I've ever built. Hopefully I have enough pieces. If not ill have to buy one or two more SS and add them to my collection. I think I have 12 now.

Darn, looks like I won't be the first builder to complete that element after all. Good thing someone with lots of experience is doing it tho! I'm really excited about this coaster, haha. Love it.

Hmm you know the next element? Pm me about it because I could use your help to get shaping and angle right. And thanks steel, I'm looking forward to your next ride you posted a pic of ;)

That hill is super smooth and I like it a lot! It is so different seeing you build something other than a woodie, which is actually a good thing! This is coming along so smooth already and I cannot wait to see this layout!

I am really looking forwards to this next element. I hope you build as quick as you've already been building because I want to see it done as soon as I can!

Thanks Jumpge! Hopefully I can give you guys a small update to other after work but no promises. If I so it won't be until late. I'm having my cousin over tomorrow and he loves knex so he's gonna help me take apart the last few sections of the woodie and then help me build some

The shaping is absolutely perfect, really it is a great B&M camelback. Not really anything else to be said at this point.

Thanks hag! I was trying to get it to look remotely B&M-ish but I think I did a pretty good job throwing in my own style there too

Hopefully I can get you guys an update tonight but if not tomorrow for sure. Anymore comments on the hill?

#54 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Awesome hill!

#55 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

We were really harsh on your shaping, and now it looks awesome. Continue, this ride has a ton of potential.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#56 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!!

#57 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

that element is sexy! But it seems to look funky in the 3rd and 4th picture. I can't pinpoint the bumps, but it looks bumpy.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#58 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I can't believe I've missed this! Anyway, I don't know if you're taking layout plans or not, but if I was able to tell you what to put, I'd say turn the element you're working on into a double helix, make a j-turn going away from the hill, do a hammerhead or something, and then do a hill under the first hill. :)
I hate to be annoying, but I think the camelback is too wide. I say make it a tad shorter, like take away 1 or so white rods smaller. Plus, on the 2nd pullout of the element I just mentioned, I think the banking starts too late and it should start right when the track becomes level or a tad bit before that.
Edit: M'bad, I didn't see you were only doing that layout.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#59 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

After the results of being really harsh on your shaping I think we should continue to be. May as well do it well if it's big. Not too much I can say here except I believe there is a sharp spot towards the top left of the third picture and a sort of wobble in the track in the middle of the fourth. Apart from that I can't see much wrong at all.

^Taking anything away from something that thoroughly constructed would be hell. I do I think agree on the banking front though.

Tyndrum

#60 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

http://www.playdota....pictureid=20152

I like it a lot, although I do see some room for perfection. In picture #3 there is a straight spot at the top of the tracking. I think if you make that more rounded vertically (not make the actual track turn more, but the shape from the side move upwards more) it will look even better.

I did have something to say about the beginning of the track and that it looks a bit weird, but I think with the fix at the top of the track it will fix that and make it fit in with the turn.

Posted Image