Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!

#82 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Everything looks fine to me, as long as you like it. So far it's an exact Shambhala recreation.

#83 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

^ False. On the real ride, the turn between the first drop and the second hill is actually completely in the second hill (much like Silver Star), not centered in the valley (like Diamondback or in Frag's model).

Wow, that looks great Frag. And looks like a very complex structure.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#84 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Looks great I cant wait for whats the next element going to be!

#85 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

These types of elements are nearly impossible to have look "perfect" from every angle, but you did a damn good job. I really, really like that element man.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#86 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

This is really good Fraggie! I hope you can add some more like these unique elements to the ride. :)

Posted Image

#87 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Wow, from good to great!

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#88 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

This element now looks great and well supported. Soon smooth once again. It gets better by the day.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#89 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Diamondbhala!

#90 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

^ Fraghala!

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#91 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

I love the way it turned out! From one of the views, it almost looks as though it is a loop, but actually it is way cooler than that! I am really looking forwards to seeing the ending of the layout, and you usually find incredible ways to get an amazing layout with the space and speed that you have!

Posted Image

#92 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

This is your best coaster by far. I love the figure 8 element(If that's the name of it). Keep up the great work.

#93 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

This keeps getting better, keep up the awesome work!

#94 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!

#95 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

The only problem I can see is the bottom of the pullout/pullin in the 2nd picture, it looks kind of uneven when the crosstie spacing gets really close together.

Other than that you are continuing to amaze.

#96 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Okay problem...this is as high as the next hill can go...
Posted Image

What should I do? That last element is a SPEED KILLER!!! It's really cool looking and I love it. I don't think I can get a layout I want with the hieght that hill is now. Should I use a booster? I hate to use one but to keep the speed realistic and get the layout I plan on having done, I think that's the only option. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!

#97 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Honestly, I think you should just go with it and make a general beeline toward the base of the lift. This coaster is defined and centered around that element. Also, make sure every inch of track in that overbank is perfect. No sudden changes and eliminate spots where the train might jolt or shuffle. Add some weight to your train and supports to the track, especially in the turning valleys.

SSCoasters Staff

#98 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

^ What he said. Make all the track in that element is smoothed out.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#99 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

It's actually not that bad for height loss to be honest. You lost 3 granites, which is a bit of height, but you still have 7 granites to work with. I think you can get a nice layout from this height with the way that you save speed and get the most out of your elements, so try that out and see how it works! It is definitely worth keeping this last element since it is one of the coolest element's I've seen built in a while.
Also, in the last test I heard that your cars were super loud. I don't mean to say this and be "that guy" who tells everyone to lube their trains (and I hate when people tell me to do so!), but I think it might be worth trying it if you haven't already. Your trains were very loud in the treat video.

On another note, if you finish this coaster with an incredible final video, I think you'll be able to make this coaster win some awards. :)

Posted Image

#100 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

Why don't you just raise the first drop about one or two granites. I don't think that it would effect the scale very much.

Formally RK500