chain dog rippin rocket

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ok guys! This is the final update! Wow, this took too long to build...Anyway, CG, I did my best to fix the color coding. The immelmann is completely yellow ties because that's just how I made it for some reason (dont remember why) all other x-ties are green, and there are only a few yellow flexis that I couldnt replace. So, I decided to just finish the layout with a slight pop of airtime and a turnaround. I know, I know, the turn isn't supported at all. I didn't feel like it had to be because it honestly doesn't shake at all, since the car is so slow there. If it bothers any of you, fine, I'll support it. I needed a small lift to allow the car to latch onto the main lift properly. The push-pieces on the chain are there because the chain doesn't go far enough, and I can't make it any farther due to the turning drop. I tried Helmer's idea, but it got jammed too much the way I had it set up. I just decided to go with a simple station design. Regardless of the various problems, it works! In addition, I will hopefully not be naming this coaster X5. Please, please, please leave a suggestion or two (no jokes please), and I will create a poll for the name if I get enough suggestions.

PICTURE TIME!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Added another vertical support
Posted Image

Posted Image

I want to make a tunnel around the lift hill, which is what the extra surroundings are for.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The immelmann's pullout looks a little funky here. I'll fix that.
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3oxbEwEfw
Comment away!

Edited by amagzi24, 05 March 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#42 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

You are right, the pullout after the immelman looks pretty bumpy, just fix that and you will be good! Also, I have to say, this is AMAZING for your first ride! Me gusta! :D:D:D

#43 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

This is your first coaster? Wow! You're already getting some good shaping down, and a creative layout. Great job on this, looking forward to the final video and future rides!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#44 KBP2000

KBP2000

I love music

• 266 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

cool! i've seen your video on youtube!

#45 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

You sir, have a very nice first coaster. Although if you want to retain perhaps a little more speed you can stop the track from flexing a lot in high g areas by adding various types of spine (if that's what it's called) that can take stress off some of the supports, if you have the pieces of course. That sort of thing is helping me a lot right now in my first attempt at tube supports. But what you have for a first coaster is very impressive.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#46 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well, it's a wrap! I've finished the video and entered it in the database. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

#47 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I really liked the final video! Posting a link may stimulate more comments, though.
I'm really looking forward to your next coaster!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#48 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ok, here is the video Shadow Force Final Music Video - YouTube and
here is the database entry. Shadow Force - SSCoasters Rides Database

#49 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

That's a pretty cool lay-out you have there! Looks like you had fun building it.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chain dog, rippin rocket