lightning racer helmut

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

This coaster looks absolutely fantastic! I am excited to see what lies ahead!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#42 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Just like you said, copy and paste and you've got yourself a perfect second buckle. I'm getting more and more interested in the amount of height you will be able to maintain throughout the lay out :)!

Posted Image

#43 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Test run with the 2 circuits ?

#44 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

This is my first time seeing this thread and your recreation looks fantastic so far. Being a lightning racer fan myself, i would love to see this successfully recreated. I am doubting a lot though. The layouts for both lightning and thunder are extremely long and they are both high speed coasters that stay relatively close to the ground for much of the layout. I think your going to find yourself loosing a lot of speed in these elements but i am very optimistic to see if it can be done. If it can be completed, it will be spectacular and i really hope you can do it!

Good Luck!
-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#45 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

I don't know what to say:O

Uh, I don't know what to answer... ;)

I love it !
I love the different colour !
I love the shaping !
I love your coasters !
I love you ! (L)

Nice that you like this coaster, but the last bit of your comment sounds gay.

You did an awesome job making those look exactly the same. And they're perfect.

Thank you!

That's just awesome! Looking good Helmer!

Thanks!

This coaster looks absolutely fantastic! I am excited to see what lies ahead!

Thanks!

Just like you said, copy and paste and you've got yourself a perfect second buckle. I'm getting more and more interested in the amount of height you will be able to maintain throughout the lay out :)!

The lifthill is 10 granites tall, buckel 7 granites and this turn 6 granites. And there's no crawling, it goes through every element with really nice speed so far.

Test run with the 2 circuits ?

I think I will do a testvideo when I finished the turn of Thunder as well.

This is my first time seeing this thread and your recreation looks fantastic so far. Being a lightning racer fan myself, i would love to see this successfully recreated. I am doubting a lot though. The layouts for both lightning and thunder are extremely long and they are both high speed coasters that stay relatively close to the ground for much of the layout. I think your going to find yourself loosing a lot of speed in these elements but i am very optimistic to see if it can be done. If it can be completed, it will be spectacular and i really hope you can do it!

Good Luck!
-AsM

Yes, I know it is going to be tough. I am trying my best! :)

I built the turn of Lightning. I couldn't find many reference pictures of the turns, but I think it came out quite well.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:):):)

Posted Image

#46 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

looks very nice

#47 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

does this help?http://www.aceonline...ickerscheid.jpg sorry if it's not focused on the turn.

#48 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

The turn looks great and smooth just fix the little straight spot at the top of the turn and you're good do you have enough pieces left to finishes this awesome recreation, too keep it up dude!!!

#49 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

^I'd just worry about green rods. This turn looks awesome, I really need to look up a POV on YouTube to see how much more you have to build! I want to see a video, which will most likely be below this when you quote me :D.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#50 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

If you think it's fine that's fine by me. The turn looks pretty nice to me. I'm not sure if it's that banked going round the top but you've done very well so far and it's not really an issue. Loving your current work.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#51 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Looking good, but how's speed doing? I'm wondering how high element where the two turns interlock in opposite direction will be.

Posted Image

#52 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

You might want to stretch the entrance and smooth it out a bit more. However I am not really sure about that since it's hard to find some reference pictures.

Posted Image

#53 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

could you get a picture from up high? maybe get a stool and take a picture? there's something you might have wrong

#54 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

looks very nice

Thanks!

does this help?http://www.aceonline...ickerscheid.jpg sorry if it's not focused on the turn.

I searched for more reference pictures and I think the turn looks okay.

The turn looks great and smooth just fix the little straight spot at the top of the turn and you're good do you have enough pieces left to finishes this awesome recreation, too keep it up dude!!!

Thank you!

^I'd just worry about green rods. This turn looks awesome, I really need to look up a POV on YouTube to see how much more you have to build! I want to see a video, which will most likely be below this when you quote me :D.

I wanted to shoot a video, but the duelling didn't work yet due to the difference between the yellow and black train. I promise I will upload a testvideo soon!

If you think it's fine that's fine by me. The turn looks pretty nice to me. I'm not sure if it's that banked going round the top but you've done very well so far and it's not really an issue. Loving your current work.

Thanks!

Looking good, but how's speed doing? I'm wondering how high element where the two turns interlock in opposite direction will be.

My best train (Thunder's train) flies through both buckel and turn. I hope to get that element four granites tall.

You might want to stretch the entrance and smooth it out a bit more. However I am not really sure about that since it's hard to find some reference pictures.

Yes, but I think it looks fine.

could you get a picture from up high? maybe get a stool and take a picture? there's something you might have wrong

I tried to but there is a roof...

I built the turn of Thunder. As I said, I will post a testvideo later, when both trains perform equally.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The panorama picture :)
Posted Image

:D:D:D

Posted Image

#55 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Wow It's perfectly symetrical ! Good job !
Test run ?

#56 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Beautiful! I especially like the last pic! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#57 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

I must say that, when comparing your coaster to the real one, I can not find mistakes actually. Maybe a little bit more banking at the top of the last element that you've built? That would make it perfect IMO :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#58 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Oh man .his can't get any better!

Posted Image

#59 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Looking great as expected Helmer^^

Im only wondering how much Parts you have?

#60 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Very nice! Hope you have enough pieces and speed to make the entire circuit. I applaud the ambitious project either way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lightning racer helmut