lightning racer helmut

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I must say that it looks incredible so far! Great work on it so far :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#22 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is it possible I could get a side view of the pullout of Lightning's pullout? I'm sure it's fine, but in the angles you provided it looks kinda sharp IMO. They both look great so far, I hope you can finish these amazing coasters!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#23 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

It looks absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see the wooden buckles and what kind of height you get for the first element.

On another note, is that snow outside?! We barely have any snow over here and we're pretty high above sea level! But wait, does that mean that when I come over there I have to bike to school in the snow... oh man...

Posted Image

#24 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

It looks absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see the wooden buckles and what kind of height you get for the first element.

On another note, is that snow outside?! We barely have any snow over here and we're pretty high above sea level! But wait, does that mean that when I come over there I have to bike to school in the snow... oh man...

Your moving to the Netherlands! BTW Helmer, this just looks amazing, I cant wait for more.

#25 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Looks great so far keep it up and please finish it too by trying your hardest too one train on each side I think too, right?

#26 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Compared to the real thing, that looks perfectly well!

EDIT: I just realized it might be a good idea to 'draw' the layout on the floor. Just take a look at google maps for a top view. If you draw it on the floor, it will give you a very good idea where which piece of track has to go to :)!

Thank you!

I printed a Google Maps overview of Lightning Racer, so don't worry about that.

I must say that it looks incredible so far! Great work on it so far :)

-=Tk=-

Thanks Tom!

Is it possible I could get a side view of the pullout of Lightning's pullout? I'm sure it's fine, but in the angles you provided it looks kinda sharp IMO. They both look great so far, I hope you can finish these amazing coasters!

Thanks! I don't think it's sharp, but good to hear some advice so I can have another look at it.

Ghehe, we will see if there is some snow by then!

Your moving to the Netherlands! BTW Helmer, this just looks amazing, I cant wait for more.

There is more in this update! Thank you!

Looks great so far keep it up and please finish it too by trying your hardest too one train on each side I think too, right?

Thanks! Yes, it is one train for each side.

I finished the buckel for Lightning.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The lifthill is 10 granites tall, the buckle 7 granites tall. The barely weighted and just lubed train flies over it!

:D:D:D

Posted Image

#27 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Lookin good! At first I though that was a chunk of meat hehe. :P The track looks very smooth. I have nothing to complain about!

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#28 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

I don't think it's sharp now either, looking at the second to last picture. And by the text under the last pic, does that mean you're going to lube your trains and make the buckle taller than it is? I hope so... Oh, and the coaster looks very awesome so far :)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#29 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Looking really good. And demolishing the cushion at the end for good measure. Really smooth trackwork although I'm just wondering if the buckel finishes too low compared to the first drop. I know you've accounted for a little bit of the height difference but in this:
Google Image Result for http://www.ridezone.com/rides/coasters/lightningracer/lr502.jpg it just looks like to me there's a bit more of a difference. That's my view anyway. You don't have to feel the same. The rest is excellent though.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#30 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

it looks awesome I can't wait for thunder's buckel.

#31 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Wow great job you should raise the buckel up so you can get max height and speed on this coaster throughout the layout!

#32 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Looks good to me Helmer!

Posted Image

#33 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Perfect shaping and perfect speed in my opinion. I'm getting more and more excited about this coaster and I really hope you will be able to pull off the lay out ;)!

Posted Image

#34 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

That looks absolutely amazing.

#35 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

I see a pretty coaster
Hello hello pretty coaster
But seriously, this is going to be a beautiful woodie dueler

#36 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Lookin good! At first I though that was a chunk of meat hehe. :P The track looks very smooth. I have nothing to complain about!

Chunk of meat? Well, thanks anyway!

I don't think it's sharp now either, looking at the second to last picture. And by the text under the last pic, does that mean you're going to lube your trains and make the buckle taller than it is? I hope so... Oh, and the coaster looks very awesome so far :)

No, I already lubed it some time ago. I'll leave the buckle as it is.

Looking really good. And demolishing the cushion at the end for good measure. Really smooth trackwork although I'm just wondering if the buckel finishes too low compared to the first drop. I know you've accounted for a little bit of the height difference but in this:
Google Image Result for http://www.ridezone.com/rides/coasters/lightningracer/lr502.jpg it just looks like to me there's a bit more of a difference. That's my view anyway. You don't have to feel the same. The rest is excellent though.

Mwoah, I think it is fine. Thanks for your comment!

it looks awesome I can't wait for thunder's buckel.

Here is Thunders buckel... ;)

Wow great job you should raise the buckel up so you can get max height and speed on this coaster throughout the layout!

I like how the train flies over the buckel, I will leave it this way.

Looks good to me Helmer!

Thank you!

Perfect shaping and perfect speed in my opinion. I'm getting more and more excited about this coaster and I really hope you will be able to pull off the lay out ;)!

Thanks! I hope so too.

That looks absolutely amazing.

Thanks!

I see a pretty coaster
Hello hello pretty coaster
But seriously, this is going to be a beautiful woodie dueler

Thank you!

{CTRL C}
{CTRL V}
{DELETE YELLOWS}
{INSERT GRANITES}
{THUNDERS BUCKEL COMPLETED}
:P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We're duelling!
Posted Image

:D:D:D

Posted Image

#37 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I don't know what to say:O

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#38 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I love it !
I love the different colour !
I love the shaping !
I love your coasters !
I love you ! (L)

#39 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

You did an awesome job making those look exactly the same. And they're perfect.

#40 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

That's just awesome! Looking good Helmer!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lightning racer helmut