lightning racer helmut

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

It's going to be tough, but let's do it!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I use granites/metallic connectors for Thunder and yellows/classic-coloured pieces for Lightning. Furthermore, Thunder will get a black train and Lightning an orange train. ;)

:D:D:D

Posted Image

#2 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

A lightning racer recreation? Wow.

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Whaaaaaaat? This is going to be massive! Looks good to me so far and good luck fitting it in the room :P

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

NO WAY ! If you actually accomplish this, I will have my personal favorite coaster of all time.

#5 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

O_O This is gonna be a big one! I really hope you'll be able to pull this one off. I can already tell this is gonna be another step higher in the history of K'nex coasters.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Let's do it. Please do. I'm sure you can make this awesome if it's completed. That lift hill looks a pretty good start.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#7 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Really good choice in a recreation! I'm looking forward in watching this go up. In my opinion it's going to be super tight getting that layout in, with lift hills that size, but I'm sure you'll work your magic! ;)

Check me out

Youtube

#8 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

This will be so cool to watch when it's finished. Great idea for a recreation, good luck.

#9 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

WHOOO! I remember every second of dueling on separate trains on this coaster, so it's an awesome layout. I think you will easily be able to pull this off at this scale.

Posted Image

#10 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm all for it! Lightning Racer is one of my favorite woodies. It'll be a good challenge to make them finish close to the same time. Good luck!

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#11 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Wow this is going to be an awesome recreation I hope that you can pull this off good luck dude!

#12 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Oh shit, son...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#13 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I'm all for it! Lightning Racer is one of my favorite woodies. It'll be a good challenge to make them finish close to the same time. Good luck!

You're my man, bro.

I hope that you can pull this off! It's a long layout?

What inspired you to make this? Was it your (very lucky) trip to Hershey with Jumpge?

Formally RK500

#14 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

If you pull this off, this will be amazing.

#15 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I have a good feeling about this.

#16 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I have a boner already. Even if the recre doesn't work out, you have to finish this.

#17 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Don't mess it up because this could be the greatest K'nex coaster of all time ;)

Posted Image

#18 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

REally REally looking forward to watching this build

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#19 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

[quote name='soggyhotdoggg']A lightning racer recreation? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a Lightning Racer recreation from Hershey Park. Thanks!

[quote name='LaMbChOpZ']Whaaaaaaat? This is going to be massive! Looks good to me so far and good luck fitting it in the room :P[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Micro Mike 21']NO WAY ! If you actually accomplish this, I will have my personal favorite coaster of all time.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be a challenge, but I will try my best.

[quote name='TheRandomGuy']O_O This is gonna be a big one! I really hope you'll be able to pull this one off. I can already tell this is gonna be another step higher in the history of K'nex coasters.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Sounds awesome.

[quote name='CW5X']Let's do it. Please do. I'm sure you can make this awesome if it's completed. That lift hill looks a pretty good start.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='roller coaster kid']Really good choice in a recreation! I'm looking forward in watching this go up. In my opinion it's going to be super tight getting that layout in, with lift hills that size, but I'm sure you'll work your magic! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir! Yes, it's going to be tough.

[quote name='N C c o a s t e r']This will be so cool to watch when it's finished. Great idea for a recreation, good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Jumpge']WHOOO! I remember every second of dueling on separate trains on this coaster, so it's an awesome layout. I think you will easily be able to pull this off at this scale.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I hope Lightning will win, just like on the real coaster. ;)

[quote name='amagzi24']I'm all for it! Lightning Racer is one of my favorite woodies. It'll be a good challenge to make them finish close to the same time. Good luck![/QUOTE]

It's the best woodie I have been on, thanks!

[quote name='IOAgeek']Wow this is going to be an awesome recreation I hope that you can pull this off good luck dude![/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='pkiknex25']Oh shit, son...[/QUOTE]

:P

[quote name='RollerKid500']You're my man, bro.

I hope that you can pull this off! It's a long layout?

What inspired you to make this? Was it your (very lucky) trip to Hershey with Jumpge?[/QUOTE]

After riding Lightning Racer, I immediately thought about recreating this ride.

[quote name='soggyhotdoggg']If you pull this off, this will be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Old_Hag']I have a good feeling about this.[/QUOTE]

I hope your good feeling comes true! :)

[quote name='DDRman732865']I have a boner already. Even if the recre doesn't work out, you have to finish this.[/QUOTE]

For sure!

[quote name='JPCoaster']Don't mess it up because this could be the greatest K'nex coaster of all time ;)[/QUOTE]

Some high expectations here. Thank you!

[quote name='ForgotToGrowUp']REally REally looking forward to watching this build[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Here is the next update! :)

I finished both drops.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:D:D:D

Posted Image

#20 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Compared to the real thing, that looks perfectly well!

EDIT: I just realized it might be a good idea to 'draw' the layout on the floor. Just take a look at google maps for a top view. If you draw it on the floor, it will give you a very good idea where which piece of track has to go to :)!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lightning racer helmut