Kumba (Recreation)

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

It looks better, but like the drop on it, the pre drop turns to the left a little. But it does look better now! And the start of the loop looks pretty good!

#42 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

You need to add some more heartlining to make it look more like the picture CAC posted. Once you connect the drop to the loop of somewhere around there, you better update it. Me likey! The loop looks pretty good actually. May I ask why you don't have the station and brake run connected to the lift? Keep it up the great and fast work!

#43 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

The start of the drop looks nice, just add a little more heartlining to it. The general shape of the loop looks good. When you finished the loop, compare it with a picture of the real loop to see if the shaping is right. I saw that you are using a nice amount of track-to-base connections, keep doing that! :)

Posted Image

#44 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

the drop is nice but that loop looks super huge and perfect to be exact cant wait for the full loop super job

#45 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

It looks better, but like the drop on it, the pre drop turns to the left a little. But it does look better now! And the start of the loop looks pretty good!

I think I may've gotten it, and thanks.

You need to add some more heartlining to make it look more like the picture CAC posted. Once you connect the drop to the loop of somewhere around there, you better update it. Me likey! The loop looks pretty good actually. May I ask why you don't have the station and brake run connected to the lift? Keep it up the great and fast work!

I don't want to drag the station and stuff outside just to bring it back in again.

The start of the drop looks nice, just add a little more heartlining to it. The general shape of the loop looks good. When you finished the loop, compare it with a picture of the real loop to see if the shaping is right. I saw that you are using a nice amount of track-to-base connections, keep doing that! :)

Thanks, I think that all those supports (IOAgeek) is the reason it was misshappen. But no offense to him, i like his supports.

the drop is nice but that loop looks super huge and perfect to be exact cant wait for the full loop super job

Thanks.

okay, there was a small breeze and the loop fell over.... Crap!
Well... I've made a new drop and tomorrow I'll support it and make the boxes closer to the track. But I think i've gotten the predrop figured out and i've made the drop smoother :D Also, the pullout was shifted 1 granite rod to the right, making the loop easier to fit.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please leave a comment :D

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#46 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

There are a few minor bumps probably due to a support, easy fix though. It does look much better though. It sucks that the loop fell over... You could've had the connection from the drop to the loop already finished! Maybe you could tie some string from the supports to something. Keep up the great work! :) (thumbsup)

#47 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

The drop looks so much better now! Sucks the loop fell over though... Anyways, when you build your next loop, try and tape it down or tie string. Anyways, it looks great so far!

#48 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

wow every time I look at that thing and say wow so massive, and that drop looks way better now that you fixed it, and that must be a pain that the loop fell over

#49 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

That is much better. Good on you for fixing the drop. I hope the loop it awesome!

Posted Image

#50 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Looks great! Just a couple bumps leftover but they're pretty small. Shaping looks good from far away, but could we get a POV from the top of the crest? Really glad you went back and fixed it, and I can't wait to see the loop!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#51 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

The drop looks so smooth and great and I didn't get to rebuild the new drop waah whatever it's ok I'm fine with it! I can't wait for the massive smooth and awesome loop that goes around the lift to come next from u too, keep it up dude!!!

#52 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

There are a few minor bumps probably due to a support, easy fix though. It does look much better though. It sucks that the loop fell over... You could've had the connection from the drop to the loop already finished! Maybe you could tie some string from the supports to something. Keep up the great work! :) (thumbsup)

I think I've fixed the bumps, and the only reason the loop fell over is because there was literally no support on the thing. And thanks.

The drop looks so much better now! Sucks the loop fell over though... Anyways, when you build your next loop, try and tape it down or tie string. Anyways, it looks great so far!

Thank you.

wow every time I look at that thing and say wow so massive, and that drop looks way better now that you fixed it, and that must be a pain that the loop fell over

Thanks.

That is much better. Good on you for fixing the drop. I hope the loop it awesome!

It'll be awesome! Thanks, too.

Looks great! Just a couple bumps leftover but they're pretty small. Shaping looks good from far away, but could we get a POV from the top of the crest? Really glad you went back and fixed it, and I can't wait to see the loop!

I just noticed there's a HUGE bump in it. I couldn't really tell though because my dad took the step stool to fix the garage door opener.
Posted Image
That's also the reason this top part has been so hard to shape.

The drop looks so smooth and great and I didn't get to rebuild the new drop waah whatever it's ok I'm fine with it! I can't wait for the massive smooth and awesome loop that goes around the lift to come next from u too, keep it up dude!!!

Thanks, dude.
---
First, I apologize for the crappy pics, I got in trouble for using my dad's camera, so I have to revert to mine now... :(
Also, I bought an ORC for $56(thumbsup) and will most likely switch out the green rods on the lift for the orange/red rods in the ORC.
I think i am pretty much done with the drop, just a few more supports to add, and to fix the predrop thingy.
Ok, now to the pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test Video

Edited by Rollerfreak987, 06 April 2013 - 04:12 PM.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#53 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Woo looks awesome just smooth out the sharp spots in a couple of pictures and fix the beginning quit the drop a bit and support the drop a little bit more I'm loving it so far, keep it up dude or dudes counting me too ha ha 20 anniversary, too!!!!

#54 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

There's still some straight spots in the drop. I highly advise you don't use the V connectors on top of flexi rods, I noticed they were causing straight spots on SheiKra's immelmann. If you must use them, use them over grey rods, not flexis. Try to use layered grey rods on the track. The best way to transition flexi rods into grey rods without any straight spots is to have a grey rod in the center hole of the X tie that is in both the flexi rod and grey rod track. Put a grey rod in the center of the X ties on the track in the 2nd picture from bottom, starting right at the left of the orange flexi. This should take away those straight spots. Also, it might be camera angle, but the overall drop appears to be needed to be wider, towards the TV more. Compare this picture to the drop:
Posted Image
Have fun building! :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#55 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

If you have enough pieces to finish this coaster, I will be impressed because this thing is huge and awesome! I'll keep following this thread closely...

Posted Image

#56 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

I am impressed by the size of this coaster. Will you build the elements in your room and connect them outside? (Just like Jumpge did on Leviathan)

Posted Image

#57 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

There's still some straight spots in the drop. Also, it might be camera angle, but the overall drop appears to be needed to be wider, towards the TV more. Compare this picture to the drop:
Posted Image

I agree with Centimeter, while it would be a huge pain to rebuild, the shaping is a little funky. Just too steep. If you go to 1:12 in this video there's a better angle: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eel7ZMSLcUQ. But you fixed the pre-drop!! It is bumpy like you said, with straight spots and sharp spots, but the overall shaping is better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#58 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Woo looks awesome just smooth out the sharp spots in a couple of pictures and fix the beginning quit the drop a bit and support the drop a little bit more I'm loving it so far, keep it up dude or dudes counting me too ha ha 20 anniversary, too!!!!

Thanks! And the 20th anniversary is tomorrow, too!

There's still some straight spots in the drop. I highly advise you don't use the V connectors on top of flexi rods, I noticed they were causing straight spots on SheiKra's immelmann. If you must use them, use them over grey rods, not flexis. Try to use layered grey rods on the track. The best way to transition flexi rods into grey rods without any straight spots is to have a grey rod in the center hole of the X tie that is in both the flexi rod and grey rod track. Put a grey rod in the center of the X ties on the track in the 2nd picture from bottom, starting right at the left of the orange flexi. This should take away those straight spots. Also, it might be camera angle, but the overall drop appears to be needed to be wider, towards the TV more. Compare this picture to the drop:
Posted Image

Your picture was also at a different angle, than the ones I provided, and I really don't feel like working on the drop anymore. But thanks for the suggestions, too.

If you have enough pieces to finish this coaster, I will be impressed because this thing is huge and awesome! I'll keep following this thread closely...

Combined with IOAgeek and I... We can do it. I'll have enough to complete the Zero G roll, then he'll need to take over.

I am impressed by the size of this coaster. Will you build the elements in your room and connect them outside? (Just like Jumpge did on Leviathan)

Exactly! I am seeing if i can store some parts in my old bedroom, because I don't have anymore space is it is in mine!

I agree with Centimeter, while it would be a huge pain to rebuild, the shaping is a little funky. Just too steep. If you go to 1:12 in this video there's a better angle: Kumba off-ride HD POV Busch Gardens Tampa - YouTube. But you fixed the pre-drop!! It is bumpy like you said, with straight spots and sharp spots, but the overall shaping is better.

I don't think it's all that steep, I think it's perfect :D. Thanks for commenting on almost every update too, I appreciate it!

---

Ok, I've been working on the loop the past 2 weeks. The train makes it (not at the moment because a battery has come loose and it's scrubbing the track) with decent speed, and it'll speed up at time goes on. It's probably not perfect, but I searched and searched and searched and couldn't fine a direct side view. Ok, I had more to say, but I forgot... Sorry for the messy bed sheet on the window, i needed it there to cover up the light coming in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the battery for the 3rd car in this pic hanging down.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A pic from in my bathroom :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Meh, you guys get the basic idea.
Posted Image

Drop a comment like it's hot. :D I am so weird.

#59 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

It looks as if the drop's pullout starts too early, which may be causing it to look weird. While rebuilding it again would be annoying as I'd imagine, it would make up for in the coaster looking more like the real Kumbai. As for the loop, it seems to be in the correct shape and spot, so I don't have any complaints on that. Of course, it still looks good! :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#60 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Loop looks good so far! The angle is great. I'll say more about shaping when it's all done. And if you think it's perfect that's good enough for me, if you try to rebuild it with no motivation you'll lose interest in the coaster and that always sucks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!