Kumba (Recreation)

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wow, for some reason I knew you're ride was going to be a recreation, but I did not know it would be a Kumba recreation! This looks fantastic so far! The catwalks everywhere add a very nice touch, and so does the transfer track station! I really like every part of this, great work!

#22 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

DUDE. This is really amazing, excellent job so far. I especially like the catwalks and lift structure. Everything looks awesome so far, keep going at it.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#23 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

OMG great coaster but why do you upload a pic of you in your bed any ways great coaster

#24 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

First, I'd like to say thanks for all the comments.

Great coaster to recreate. Long layout is gonna be a challenge but you have lots of height to start. Do you have enough room to the left of the lift to build the drop? Gonna need a rear chain dog to get those long trains over the crest. Can't wait to see the loop.

The coaster will be assembled outside, so i am not worried about space. There's a test below that'll show it makes it!

Darn... That's massive, dude ! :0
I can't wait the giant loop ! :D

Thanks.

Freekin' unbelievable! i love Kumba and i can't wait to see completed, go for it guys!

Booyah! Thanks, too.

wow this is going to be huge the lift, the loop ,can`t wait to see how big that loop will be, awesome recreation so far looks very realistic , from the station to the catwalk to the lift is just perfect fitting nice job so far this will be AMAZING to see if you can pull it off great job

Oh, it''ll be pulled off :D.

Are you going to build some of it in sections and assemble it outside because it seems like you don't have much space there? It looks very nice with a the little details. Are you going to add lights to make it even more realistic? I really like it so far! Keep up the great work!

Exactly, and thanks dude.

I'm excited for this one. Looking awesome so far.

Great to hear it from ya :D.

Judging by the size of this, it looks promising. It looks sick so far!

Thanks

Wow, for some reason I knew you're ride was going to be a recreation, but I did not know it would be a Kumba recreation! This looks fantastic so far! The catwalks everywhere add a very nice touch, and so does the transfer track station! I really like every part of this, great work!

Thank you!

DUDE. This is really amazing, excellent job so far. I especially like the catwalks and lift structure. Everything looks awesome so far, keep going at it.

Catwalks took over 1,000 Half moons, so I am hoping they look nice. Thanks too!

OMG great coaster but why do you upload a pic of you in your bed any ways great coaster

That's my friend, and it was supposed to be for fun :D.
----
So much for 2 hours... I just got the video up.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#25 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Going to be a tough one, but it looks incredible so far!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wow that looks insane! I see your rubber band idea is catching on pretty quickly, Helmut! So keen to see the loop!

#27 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Everything about it looks really solid! The lift especialy, since those cars look really heavy. I'm looking forward to this, but are you really gonna make us wait until June? :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#28 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

This will be a tough recreation, but you have a lot of height to start with. Nice to see that someone is using the rubberband idea. Looks very impressive so far! :)

Edited by Helmut, 29 March 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Going to be a tough one, but it looks incredible so far!

Brandon and I are up for the challenge! Thanks!

Wow that looks insane! I see your rubber band idea is catching on pretty quickly, Helmut! So keen to see the loop!

Same here! Thanks, and the rubber bands work great!

Everything about it looks really solid! The lift especialy, since those cars look really heavy. I'm looking forward to this, but are you really gonna make us wait until June? :(

Thanks! They're very heavy too. Great to hear you're looking forward to this, and yes, sorry!

This will be a tough recreation, but you have a lot of height to start with. Nice to see that someone is using the rubberband idea. Looks very impressive so far! :)

As i said earlier I'm up for the challenge!

Ok, Brandon and I have finished the drop. It shakes barely with my red train and with Brandon's train it shakes a bit more, but it's not that bad.
We had the coaster on the grass but my yard has a bunch of little 'hills' and 'valleys' which make the ground really unstable, so we had my dad back the truck out from under the car shed and we put Kumba there! Picture time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heart lining!!
Posted Image

Pullout needs some work...
Posted Image

Here we go!!!
Posted Image

Please leave a comment behind. :D

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#30 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

This looks freaky awesome! Supports are good also ! Keep building!

Remco

Posted Image

#31 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

you guys are building so fast. keep up the good work!
i wanna see that loop so bad

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#32 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Oh my... O_O That just looks amazing. Is this that coaster that will take 22 SS? I can't wait to see the cobra roll. :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#33 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

You guys are building super good at super speed. I cant wait for the loop! The drop looks really good also! But the pullout seems a little sharp in the entry though.
Like right there, it looks a little corrupt for the size of the drop.

Posted Image

Edited by Micro Mike 21, 29 March 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#34 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I think the drop could be a little smoother because I see a few bumps in the third picture. Keep building this fast and you guys will have it done in no time! Keep it up! I think I like this the best!! :)

#35 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hmmmm. Somethings a little strange in the POV picture. Compare it to this: Posted Image

And the drop is pretty bumpy, especially in the POV shot looking down the drop. It's just a mix of straight and sharp spots all along the drop, probably caused by the grey rods.

Sorry to be the first negative post, I don't like being the nitpicker but ah well :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#36 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

I agree with him^ The whole drop does look full of sharp and straight spots, just like IOAgeek's big coaster with his drop and first airhill. I do hope you'll be able to pull this off though. Good luck!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#37 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

This is going to be a sick recreation, just like the real ride. As stated before, a few minor bumps in the drop. Hartlining can be fixed also.
Might I ask, will the lift be shifted further back so the cobra roll won't go over the edge and be on the grass? Is it possible for the camper trailer to be moved also?

Good luck and keep up the great work!

#38 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Looks really massive! Please take another look at the shaping, I can still see some bumps.

Posted Image

#39 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hmmmm. Somethings a little strange in the POV picture. Compare it to this: Posted Image

And the drop is pretty bumpy, especially in the POV shot looking down the drop. It's just a mix of straight and sharp spots all along the drop, probably caused by the grey rods.

Sorry to be the first negative post, I don't like being the nitpicker but ah well :/

I actually completely agree with you. And that's the point of this forum, to give constructive criticism. So don't feel bad if you critique my ride, it's fine!!!!

I'll try and address everyone else's concerns today too, and see if I can get out of shopping with my mom :/.

#40 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

This looks freaky awesome! Supports are good also ! Keep building!

Remco

Thank you.

you guys are building so fast. keep up the good work!
i wanna see that loop so bad

Building will slow down soon, and thanks. You'll get a teaser pic for the loop too!

Oh my... O_O That just looks amazing. Is this that coaster that will take 22 SS? I can't wait to see the cobra roll. :)

*24. :D And thanks.

You guys are building super good at super speed. I cant wait for the loop! The drop looks really good also! But the pullout seems a little sharp in the entry though.
Like right there, it looks a little corrupt for the size of the drop.

Posted Image

I've ripped apart the drop, so you don't have to worry about the pullout any longer!

I think the drop could be a little smoother because I see a few bumps in the third picture. Keep building this fast and you guys will have it done in no time! Keep it up! I think I like this the best!! :)

The drop is gone! Thanks.

I agree with him^ The whole drop does look full of sharp and straight spots, just like IOAgeek's big coaster with his drop and first airhill. I do hope you'll be able to pull this off though. Good luck!

The drop is gone, i'll make a smoother one with IOAgeek's awesome yet almost too many supports

This is going to be a sick recreation, just like the real ride. As stated before, a few minor bumps in the drop. Hartlining can be fixed also.
Might I ask, will the lift be shifted further back so the cobra roll won't go over the edge and be on the grass? Is it possible for the camper trailer to be moved also?

Good luck and keep up the great work!

The trailer will be moved, and the lift will be pushed towards the camper so there's room for the station. Thanks, too!

Looks really massive! Please take another look at the shaping, I can still see some bumps.

Thanks, it is! And I'll fix the drop to the best of my ability.

Ok, I looked at CAC's picture of Kumba for like 30 minutes and I tried to recreate it. That didn't turn out so well, but it still doesn't look right.
Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The loop teaser, with supports or shaping not done.
Posted Image

Supporting and supports aren't done quite yet, either.
Please critique and comment!