• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Ok, I've begun a new coaster!
This'll be finished, I promise. Right now I've worked on the station and a little brake run that is visible in the top left corner. That's enough for now, onto the station pic! I'll try and make this station be as realistic as possible.

Posted Image

I know there isn't a lot to comment on but feel free to leave one behind!

Edited by Rollerfreak987, 28 March 2013 - 10:46 AM.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#2 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Wow! Look at that brake run! So sexy! All jokes aside, That's a pretty good-looking and piece-saving roof design you got there. Can't say the same for the floor, but it does looks more sturdy! What are you planning for this ride?

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#3 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I really like the station, it looks very realistic! And I really think those red cars look great! As far as the brake run; I can't really see it.

#4 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

I love the realistic station, floor, brake run of what I see, and the trains keep it up dude!!!

#5 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

cool custom paint job on the cars and simple but really good station also flooring of the station is really good hope to see more updates from you

#6 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

very good station very realistic from what I can see so far really nice job with it

#7 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Wow! Look at that brake run! So sexy! All jokes aside, That's a pretty good-looking and piece-saving roof design you got there. Can't say the same for the floor, but it does looks more sturdy! What are you planning for this ride?

I have a lot of those particular pieces, so I'm good.

I really like the station, it looks very realistic! And I really think those red cars look great! As far as the brake run; I can't really see it.

Thanks, the station isn't done, I still plan on adding a lot.

I love the realistic station, floor, brake run of what I see, and the trains keep it up dude!!!

Thanks, senor.

cool custom paint job on the cars and simple but really good station also flooring of the station is really good hope to see more updates from you

Thanks

very good station very realistic from what I can see so far really nice job with it

Just hit the edit button next time you want to say additional info. ;)

Update, i've built the motor assembly, and on the little lift that I have it doesn't jolt and pulls the train up very nicely.

Posted Image

One of the motors isn't attached because I wanted to do a test and i couldn't find the 4th cable.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#8 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Very nice motor set up I love it I hope you find the four cable, to run that 12v motor and power the lift too, dude!

#9 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

That's a ton of motors, and must have been a lot of money. It must be super quiet and smooth.

#10 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Very nice motor set up I love it I hope you find the four cable, to run that 12v motor and power the lift too, dude!

I decided to use three since it will be 'realistic' speed with three. I've put the 4th in the station.

That's a ton of motors, and must have been a lot of money. It must be super quiet and smooth.

Very quiet! Only 3 motors were bought separately, one being 25 dollars, one being 22, the other being 60 (Christmas present) and the other was bought in an 18 pound lot for 60 bucks :D (which my dad paid for as a present)

Ok, more gearing!!! But the coaster is entirely electric now, which is good. I just have some extra details I need to add.(fixing gear placement and such. )

Oh, more non one picture updates shall come around the 25th or so, too.
Posted Image

Somebody please comment... :D

Edited by Rollerfreak987, 11 March 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#11 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

I love that gear set up for the 12v motor in the station, keep it up dude!

#12 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

looks good, i like the motor setup but maybe a sideview of it?

Edited by Witting, 15 March 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Alright, so as the title says, IOAgeek and I will be recreating Kumba from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
-
This has always been the Kumba recreation, but I wanted to keep it secret until today, when IOAgeek came to my house. He got here yesterday around 1 PM, and we've built the lift, station, turn, turn, transfer track, and brake run. So far the train makes the whole circuit.
BTW, all these pieces are mine for now, until June when Brandon will come once more to build what my pieces couldn't do.

And with out further ado, Brandon and I present :

Kumba!

Pics:
Brandon curled up on my bed:
Posted Image

Turn, catwalks needing some work still.
Posted Image

Crest, 6 car train makes it easily:
Posted Image

A look down the lift:
Posted Image

Guess who made the bases?
Posted Image

Station gates:
Posted Image

Only the 3 right trains will be used:
Posted Image

Two of them weighted. (Brandon's=left, Mine=right)
Posted Image

Another pic of the brake run and the transfer track shed:
Posted Image

Lift: (7 feet 4 inches, 2.23 meters)
Posted Image

Dude, it's not even cold outside.
Posted Image

Close up on the base:
Posted Image

Look down the lift:
Posted Image

The awkward yellow cross piece will be taken off
Posted Image

Motor attachments and such.
Posted Image

overview of sorts
Posted Image

Test video will come later, because YouTube is telling my it'll be about 2 hours.... :(

#14 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Great coaster to recreate. Long layout is gonna be a challenge but you have lots of height to start. Do you have enough room to the left of the lift to build the drop? Gonna need a rear chain dog to get those long trains over the crest. Can't wait to see the loop.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#15 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Darn... That's massive, dude ! :0
I can't wait the giant loop ! :D

Edited by iCoaster44, 28 March 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#16 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Freekin' unbelievable! i love Kumba and i can't wait to see completed, go for it guys!

#17 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

wow this is going to be huge the lift, the loop ,can`t wait to see how big that loop will be, awesome recreation so far looks very realistic , from the station to the catwalk to the lift is just perfect fitting nice job so far this will be AMAZING to see if you can pull it off great job

#18 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Are you going to build some of it in sections and assemble it outside because it seems like you don't have much space there? It looks very nice with a the little details. Are you going to add lights to make it even more realistic? I really like it so far! Keep up the great work!

#19 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm excited for this one. Looking awesome so far.

Posted Image

#20 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Judging by the size of this, it looks promising. It looks sick so far!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.