Kumba (Recreation)

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

This is my favourite coaster in real life and this is an amazing recreation very well done!

#122 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Although the last part looks a bit rushed, you did a great job! The drop, loop, dive loop, zero G roll etc. look amazing and the train has a nice speed through every element. Did you already try two boosters instead of only one? It could help to get it through the cobra-roll.

Posted Image

#123 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

The way it soars through the first half of the layout in the video is amazing, it speaks to the sheer scale of this project. I can look past the booster. Great job guys!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#124 MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12

Construction Foreman

• 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Dang! What a coaster to recreate! I bet it will take awile for you to finaly figure out how to get this whole thing to work!:) Happy building, in the hot, humid, masquito infested place where ever you live! (You are not alone on that part)

#125 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

This is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't believe you pulled this off!!! Great job! :D

Thanks!

This right here will be forever remembered as one of the best recreations of a coaster. The attention to detail on this thing was what I liked best about it. You did a really good job for your first c-roll, and the same could be said for the interlocking corkscrews. My only complaint (apart from the last picture being a little too dark) being that the end of the ride is highly unsupported, but I could understand if you ran out of pieces. What do you lube your cars with?

I had no more pieces and supporting it wouldn't have done much. We (Brandon and I) use a lubricant called CRC Siilcone Lubricant.

Well, apart from the funny little last straight bit (don't film that too much ;)), this recreation is amazing. Pity the lift hill doesn't work but for anybody who doesn't pay attention to this site, they'll never know. And probably won't also care about the booster.

Thanks, I tried not to focus on the end too much, but I think I failed that.

Great job on this, very tough one to recreate. The first half of the ride is absoilutely perfect.

I'd say the first 3/4th ;)

Woo looks awesome even though I was just there I love this ride and recreation too the lift is like 8 feet tall!q

It is!

Holy shit, you actually did it. Not a reflection on you, but on the difficulty of the coaster. Impressive. It could use some ironing out, if you're up for it.

Thanks, but after you posted this I already had the drop and lift ripped to pieces, and I finished filming :D.

This is my favourite coaster in real life and this is an amazing recreation very well done!

Thanks.

Although the last part looks a bit rushed, you did a great job! The drop, loop, dive loop, zero G roll etc. look amazing and the train has a nice speed through every element. Did you already try two boosters instead of only one? It could help to get it through the cobra-roll.

We did the MCBR, corks, turn, and helix all in two days. and one booster turned out to be enough and it flies through the C-roll.

The way it soars through the first half of the layout in the video is amazing, it speaks to the sheer scale of this project. I can look past the booster. Great job guys!

Thanks, RCF! I am glad you can.

Dang! What a coaster to recreate! I bet it will take awile for you to finaly figure out how to get this whole thing to work!:) Happy building, in the hot, humid, masquito infested place where ever you live! (You are not alone on that part)

:D You know that feel.

IT IS FINALLY HERE!

Though the quality could have been better, along with my editing skills I think my friend Halee and I did a great job!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#126 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Anyone got a shrink ray? Cause I wouldn't mind riding this myself! :P
Well done! Best recreation ever!!! :D

#127 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Well, this is quite easily my favorite recreation of a ride ever made. ;) That being said, well done, you two! Not only did you two complete a difficult recreation, but also paid attention to detail, which makes it all the more amazing to watch. I like the final video, it was worth the wait!
Edit: I'm with Muzz135 on this. This is the best recreation ever.
Edit 2: BTW, I watched this video 4 times in a row.

Edited by SCM, 09 July 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#128 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Fantastic job, man! I am very impressed that you were able to finish a build this big, this fast. Definitely one of the best ever made, obviously one of the biggest! Like everyone else said: up to the MCBR, everything is absolutely perfect and strikingly smooth. I wonder what's next from you? ;)

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#129 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

wow the final video is so awesome . also like the editing considering how long it is. I am though really impressed that you actually finished it perfect to the real one ,which is incredible , considering the scale you built it at. My only complaint was the booster but it actually doesn`t bother me to much. Because the way the scale of it is , so all I can say is wow. Also one best scale recreations ever just because of the extra detail you put there , which means a lot when doing a recreation and you pulled the whole thing off. I`m very impressed.(thumbsup)

Edited by crazyracer, 10 July 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#130 MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12

Construction Foreman

• 106 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

:D I love it! The only thing is...... I hate to see a recreate with boosters :( I think of it as "cheating" the recreate, but you made it work!

#131 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Woo I love the final video that u made Trevor, and that's my train in the final video too ya, finally, I love the credits and clips that were in the final video also! My favorite and biggest knex recreation ever!

#132 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Anyone got a shrink ray? Cause I wouldn't mind riding this myself! :P
Well done! Best recreation ever!!! :D

Thanks!

Well, this is quite easily my favorite recreation of a ride ever made. ;) That being said, well done, you two! Not only did you two complete a difficult recreation, but also paid attention to detail, which makes it all the more amazing to watch. I like the final video, it was worth the wait!
Edit: I'm with Muzz135 on this. This is the best recreation ever.
Edit 2: BTW, I watched this video 4 times in a row.

Well, I had 1,200 half moons laying around that I wouldn't use anyways... And thanks a bunch!

Fantastic job, man! I am very impressed that you were able to finish a build this big, this fast. Definitely one of the best ever made, obviously one of the biggest! Like everyone else said: up to the MCBR, everything is absolutely perfect and strikingly smooth. I wonder what's next from you? ;)

I wonder what's next too, i can't seem to make anything that works. Thanks! The part after the brake run was rushed, so that's why.

wow the final video is so awesome . also like the editing considering how long it is. I am though really impressed that you actually finished it perfect to the real one ,which is incredible , considering the scale you built it at. My only complaint was the booster but it actually doesn`t bother me to much. Because the way the scale of it is , so all I can say is wow. Also one best scale recreations ever just because of the extra detail you put there , which means a lot when doing a recreation and you pulled the whole thing off. I`m very impressed.(thumbsup)

Well, I wasn't going to build another cobra roll, so that's why I had to use a booster. Thanks!

:D I love it! The only thing is...... I hate to see a recreate with boosters :( I think of it as "cheating" the recreate, but you made it work!

Well, it was inevitable. Thanks.

Woo I love the final video that u made Trevor, and that's my train in the final video too ya, finally, I love the credits and clips that were in the final video also! My favorite and biggest knex recreation ever!

Thanks SFOG buddy.

Okay, I made a bloopers video... Enjoy!!!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#133 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

"Ow" lol. This coaster is just awesome! I really liked the cobra roll and the corkscrews! The bloopers are really funny too!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter