Toxic 2.0 (7/22/15)

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

The catwalks and new drop both look great! The drop is much much MUCH better! Just add more support.

Don't worry, I'll add supports to the drop once shaping has been approved of. Thanks, I'm glad you like the new drop and catwalks! :D

Update, everypony! I have made 1/2 of the Hydra-inspired c-roll. It looks fine from most angles, but the pullout of it banks this way and then that way and...well, yeah. It has overall good shaping right? I'll fix every shaping problem you guys point out next time I build. THEN I'll support it. I'm also having a bit of trouble, can anypony give me tips on how the structure for the 2nd half should look? I know it needs to be lower, but should I take a diagonal away, a granite away, or what? Anyway, I'll shut up now; pictures:
Over to the right, you can see the original plans of the coaster, made before SheiKra was started.
Posted Image
Does anypony know a good way to transition grey rods into flexis? The shaping seems a little disturbed by it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comment EXTRA harshly! :)
Expect updates to be a bit more frequent now, for themeing will be done temporarily, and that takes up a lot of building time.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#22 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

This looks very nice, although there is a slight straight spot in the twist, first picture. The gray to flexi transition is pretty good it, I wouldn't worry about it.

#23 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Looks pretty good so far keep it up dude and how many trains are U using for this coaster and are u lubing them and Weighing them too?

#24 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

This looks very nice, although there is a slight straight spot in the twist, first picture. The gray to flexi transition is pretty good it, I wouldn't worry about it.

I actually didn't see any noticeable issues with the transition, and thanks!

Looks pretty good so far keep it up dude and how many trains are U using for this coaster and are u lubing them and Weighing them too?

I'm lubing the train with olive oil (is that OK to do?) and the train is weighed with one car under each batter, with the exception of the front car because it has 2 or 3 batteries on it (can't remember which, lol). Thanks!

It's been a little while, sorry about that. I just wasn't in the mood to build last weekend, and I got distracted by some other things. My friend was over at my house, and he connected the tubing on the lift, so I can't take full credit for making the lift. ;) He did mess up a bit on the station roof, but I fixed that. Anyway, so the themeing for this coaster will be a future and factory theme. I've made the Queue line start, I personally think the yellow flexis add just the right touch.
Posted Image
Which takes us to the hydra-styled cobra roll. I've had to shorten it a bit since the last update, but that's pretty much OK. The first half of it is like perfect, the second half of it, though, is a little weird near the top but otherwise it's perfect. Did I get the banking right? Pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's a test video too, uploaded on YouTube to save space on PhotoBucket, and also because it's time to post a video about this on my channel.

Edited by SCM, 17 May 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#25 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

The only thing that looks off to me is the exit. Mirror te entrance and it'll be perfect!

EDIT: Max, I was talking a out the sharp spot that Maarten pointed out.

Edited by Rollerfreak987, 18 May 2013 - 07:35 AM.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#26 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

The only thing that looks off to me is the exit. Mirror te entrance and it'll be perfect!

It's exaggerated here, but all cobra-rolls have a slightly lower exit. Most clearly seen on the large B&M loopers.

Love your queue, very cleverly done!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Wow, I never expected this! That cobra roll is looking sooo good. The only thing I can say is that there is quite a big sharp spot right where the second roll hits vertical, I think it's the spot where you switch from flexies to grays. I know it's hard to fix that, but you should definitely try. Lovely queue you got there too :).

Posted Image

#28 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Ok, here comes my harsh comment: I truly hate it when people end their posts with begging for harsh comments. I assume these people mean constructive criticism, but instead they say harsh comments. I tried to find a definition of a harsh comment and I came up with this:

Harsh criticism is done with malice and spite. The intent is to hurt and degrade the other person.

So please f*cking stop with asking for harsh comments, everyone. Thank you.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#29 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

EDIT: Max, I was talking a out the sharp spot that Maarten pointed out.

The second half of the c-roll isn't really possible to be perfectly mirrored without being out of proportion in some way. I think I fixed that sharp spot, though. Thanks!

It's exaggerated here, but all cobra-rolls have a slightly lower exit. Most clearly seen on the large B&M loopers.

Love your queue, very cleverly done!

I was very careful to make the 2nd half lower than the first. Thanks, I'm glad you love the queue!

Wow, I never expected this! That cobra roll is looking sooo good. The only thing I can say is that there is quite a big sharp spot right where the second roll hits vertical, I think it's the spot where you switch from flexies to grays. I know it's hard to fix that, but you should definitely try. Lovely queue you got there too :).

Thanks, I'm glad you like the c-roll and the queue! Did I fix that 'big sharp spot'?

Ok, here comes my harsh comment: I truly hate it when people end their posts with begging for harsh comments. I assume these people mean constructive criticism, but instead they say harsh comments. I tried to find a definition of a harsh comment and I came up with this:

So please f*cking stop with asking for harsh comments, everyone. Thank you.

By 'comment harshly', I meant comment with constructive criticism, not to comment hurtfully. I see 'comment harshly' here and there, so that's why I said it. Had I known it angered you, I wouldn't of posted that. Sorry. :( Thanks for commenting, by the way.

Guys, it's been a while. I actually had most of the loop done, but then I got grounded. I've gotten back to building just recently, and I've made the fake loop. I'll shut up for now, show some pictures, and then type some more.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
So I'm working with a slight problem: speed loss. As you can tell, the loop is much smaller than the c-roll, and it normally just makes it. Do you guys think I should raise the c-roll by about a white rod? That might help the loop to be raised a bit. That would mean an update would not be in a considerably long time after this, but I still need to fit in 4 inversions after this. I've already added backbone on the track, seems to have helped a lot, so I'll go ahead and add some more. The fake loop itself banks at the top if you couldn't tell, so you can see both sides of the track instead of just one, unlike a normal loop. Plus, it would make riders who didn't know any better think that they were about to go through an immelmann, and they would be surprised to know they actually aren't. Anyway, how is the shaping of the loop? With this loop, you'll need to look at both sides of the tubing to check for imperfections. That last picture shows the station platform do you guys like it? Also, I'll be adding in gates (not automatic) near the end of construction. A design for the queue and exit lines are still being decided on, but I'm thinking of factory themeing. Also, before I forget, the chain breaks from the train. How do I fix this?

Edited by SCM, 06 June 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#30 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

It looks pretty good from what I see so far! I do think you should raise the cobra roll a little. Also, the loop looks pretty good from the pictures I can see, even if there was a picture from the other side of it, I think it'd be good. I also do think the station platform is pretty nice. Also for the chain, they should all be in the same direction and should be like this picture of the chains(ignore the two other pieces that's connected to the chain). K'NEX | Building Help | Roller Coaster The top left part of the picture is the part that should be going up the lift while the bottom right part should be going towards the bottom of the lift, if any of that makes sense to you.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#31 MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12

Construction Foreman

• 106 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

Have you tryed to lube or weight your cars? If so, your invertions look really smooth and like the car should go through it very quickly (Unless the cobra roll is more than half the height of the lift) Good luck! :)

#32 KBP2000

KBP2000

I love music

• 266 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Test video?

Posted Image
KBP2000

#33 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

It looks pretty good from what I see so far! I do think you should raise the cobra roll a little. Also, the loop looks pretty good from the pictures I can see, even if there was a picture from the other side of it, I think it'd be good. I also do think the station platform is pretty nice. Also for the chain, they should all be in the same direction and should be like this picture of the chains(ignore the two other pieces that's connected to the chain). K'NEX | Building Help | Roller Coaster The top left part of the picture is the part that should be going up the lift while the bottom right part should be going towards the bottom of the lift, if any of that makes sense to you.

The cobra roll has been raised a grey rod, but I am currently having speed issues with it. I'm thinking of having it less slanted, would that help? That must be the problem; my chain links are not all in the same direction. Thanks!

Have you tryed to lube or weight your cars? If so, your invertions look really smooth and like the car should go through it very quickly (Unless the cobra roll is more than half the height of the lift) Good luck! :)

My cars are lubed and weighted with batteries. The height of the cobra roll is just under 12 granites, and the top of the lift is just over 14 granites. I have noticed the track going down where I don't have supports on that, so I'll add more supports to it when I get an extra SS set or two. Thanks for commenting!

Test video?

A test video I felt was not yet appropriate. Thanks for commenting!

Guys, this is an update where I have possibly finished the themeing. If I can think of what else to do, I'll add onto it. Sorry if the pictures are unfocused, my hands were really shaky when I was taking them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is where the sign will be printed, right behind the red gears.
Posted Image
That's all for this update, I'll come back with the coaster being up to the fake loop, of which I will bank the top more and make it taller. Off camera, I have also made a structure for the dive loop, at 7 granites. Just so you guys know.
Comment... if you want.

Edited by SCM, 18 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.
Forgot to put in the last picture.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#34 MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12

Construction Foreman

• 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

What happend to your cars!!! Anyway... it looks nice and i like the theme

#35 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Nice station! I like the details.

Posted Image

#36 Kumba2013

Kumba2013

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

I love the colors on the station and the theming in the queue also all of the shaping was also great

You were probably expecting a better signature

Favorite coasters
1.Cheetah Hunt
2. Wildfire
3. Kumba
4. Raging Bull
5. Sheikra
Kumba2013 Supports *Equality*: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hlVBg7_08n0

#37 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Wow! I really like your station! It looks very realistic and i like that you have the catwalks by where the brakes would be! I like your queue and what are those 3 red gears for? And do you have a younger sibling who scribbled all over your cars? :P

#38 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Details, details... And you've totally nailed them. I've never been one for building great stations. Never really put the effort in but when someone else does like you, I wonder why I don't.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#39 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

hehehhe I know what's up with his cars. I like the station very much!

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#40 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Looks great I love the station and queue reminds me of Sheikra recreation from you a bit can we see a test video too please?