• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

What happend to your cars!!! Anyway... it looks nice and i like the theme

I painted them, and then I missed the orange color. So, I tried to scratch it off. I'm glad you like the theme.

Nice station! I like the details.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the details! :D

I love the colors on the station and the theming in the queue also all of the shaping was also great

Thank you.

Wow! I really like your station! It looks very realistic and i like that you have the catwalks by where the brakes would be! I like your queue and what are those 3 red gears for? And do you have a younger sibling who scribbled all over your cars? :P

Thank you, the gears are for themeing an to hold the sign in place, of which I will print out in a later date. I don't have any younger sibblings.

Details, details... And you've totally nailed them. I've never been one for building great stations. Never really put the effort in but when someone else does like you, I wonder why I don't.

Thanks. Detailed stations are just something I like to do, as I feel it really adds to the ride.

hehehhe I know what's up with his cars. I like the station very much!

Thanks.

Looks great I love the station and queue reminds me of Sheikra recreation from you a bit can we see a test video too please?

Thanks. A test video will not be possible... yet.

Unfortunate news, guys. I'm losing interest in this more and more. I can't seem to get past the first half of the c-roll, I just can't seem to get the look I want, which is more of a immelmann-type c-roll. Though it is not yet fully decided, I am seriously considering putting this on hold due to the c-roll. The next coaster I've been having more interest in. It would be best, I think, if I set this project aside and come back to it later. The thing is, this ride is just going to be so much bigger than I first imagined it to be, and I don't think my pieces are up to the task, and besides, I'm not sure if I have the skill level to do something like this quite yet. I can promise you this coaster would look amazing if finished.
The coaster I've been thinking more about is my next coaster, Ningen. It will be a hyper, and will be a little smaller, at 12 granites. It would be a lot easier and more interesting to make. Honestly, I think this decision would be for the best. What do you guys think I should do? (Keep in mind deconstruction, if it starts, will not start until I post about it when editing this post)
I mean, the fact that I'm not really getting anywhere with building is starting to stress me out. I should've been done with this coaster and onto the next one by now.
Edit: @Turtle Man 24, the perfect shaping is something I'm not really worried about. It's just that I can't seem to get the track at just under 12 granites, where I need it to be.
Actually, I'm thinking more and more of not postponing this. I've already gotten so far on this, and I really don't want something to stop me from completing something I've been wanting to see complete for several months now. You, sir, have just saved this ride from being postponed.

Edited by SCM, 08 July 2013 - 11:05 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#42 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'D say that you should just finish this before you do another coaster instead of canceling. I mean everything don't have to be perfect. You could even come back later and try and fix it if you wanted to, but I'd say just don't worry too much about the shaping of the c roll. Even the most experienced builders find things they can improve on when building a coaster. Just look it as an improvement you can work on in the future. Don't be bummed put about it- just try and finish it. :)

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#43 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Wow it's been too long, and sad to say I don't have much done. I would've liked to at least finish the c-roll, but I'm having trouble with it so... I need help with the c-roll. The trouble I'm having: I raised it to maximum height (Just under 12 granites) so that I could conserve speed for the rest of the layout. However, right now it appears to be going too slow in the test video to make the other half, I don't want to make it a totally flat roll, so should I shorten it down to 11 granites? It would fly through it, but then I would at least have a better c-roll. Well, I'll shut up now. Pictures: (and if some of these are blurry or shaky, it's because of my shaky hands lol)
Posted Image
Posted Image
I ran out of building time, so I couldn't add track to support connections, but, I did add more structure to the drop, which should help with speed.
Posted Image
Now here is the pre-lift turn, using purple micro supports. The train goes through it very slowly, which is what I was hoping for. (Seems to be the only thing that works exactly how I want it to so far)
Posted Image
I also made this final curve, right before that will be a corkscrew btw. I'm not really liking the heartlining right before the breakrun, what do you guys think about this?
Posted Image
Is this an appropriate structure for a dive loop?
Posted Image
And the test vid... sorry it's so dark, but hopefully you can see how fast the train is going through.
Posted Image
Yeah, I'm thinking on lowering the c-roll, how about you guys? Is that the best option here? I hope to get another update in soon, at least up to the dive loop.
Comment... if you want.
Edit: @FrIeDeGgS: Hmm... I'm 98% sure it won't be able to make the second half, so I'll just shorten it.
Edit 2: So I shortened it and so the c-roll is done. Once I finish the dive loop I'll make an update.

Edited by SCM, 06 August 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well I don't really know about the dive loop structure or the heartlining on the turn but I think you should make the top of the 2nd half of the cobra roll and then see if it makes it and if it doesn't, lower the first half down to 11 and a half granites or something, I don't know.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#45 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

So yeah the um... update. I got up to the entrance of the dive loop before I ran out of time. So I finished the c-roll, tried to get it to look as best as possible and I think it came out pretty good, even better than before. The c-roll stands at 11 granites, so I did shorten it, and it makes it with clean speed. By the way, the 2nd part is like 1 cm lower. So here are some pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
So here is the dive loop. Is this too steep? Or is this fine?
Posted Image
I'm also trying to get the heartlining right, how am I doing on this so far? There is this one small section where it starts which I can't seem to get just right.
Posted Image
There is like this one spot on the pullout. It seems like the track has a sharp spot so small it shouldn't exist, and it seems to be on only one side. How do I fix this? I'm thinking it might be the X-tie.
Posted Image
Well, now that I'm past the obnoxious c-roll, things should be going more smoothly and more updates should be coming more often. :)
Comment! If you want.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#46 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Looking good! The sharp spot can be eliminated by changing out the x-tie. It seems like one side of the x-tie might be bent.

Posted Image

#47 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

The cobra roll looks just about perfect! Great job on it, they're very tough to shape. And as Jumpge said, the crosstie is probably bent.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#48 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

It does certainly look like the middle of the X-tie is fine but that side makes the track sharper or perhaps it's just at a very slight angle. If swapping it out doesn't work, put some kind of rod down the centre circle of the ties. That usually fixes those spots for me.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#49 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Cool! I like how smooth it is

#50 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Looking good! The sharp spot can be eliminated by changing out the x-tie. It seems like one side of the x-tie might be bent.

Thanks! It was the X-tie. it was bent on that side.

The cobra roll looks just about perfect! Great job on it, they're very tough to shape. And as Jumpge said, the crosstie is probably bent.

Thanks! Yes, haha, it was hard to shape. Jumpge was right about the crosstie.

It does certainly look like the middle of the X-tie is fine but that side makes the track sharper or perhaps it's just at a very slight angle. If swapping it out doesn't work, put some kind of rod down the centre circle of the ties. That usually fixes those spots for me.

I switched out the X-tie for another one. That sharp spot exists no more...

Cool! I like how smooth it is

Thanks! :)

So the dive loop: I think I made it too short, I hope it's safe to raise it a granite or two. I'm not done with supporting it yet, I'll do that soon enough. As for the shaping, I think the heartlining and everything is pretty good. There's just this one spot right after the track goes vertical, this one straight spot I'm having trouble with. Not sure if it's clear in the pictures, but it's there. Also there's that one section in the heartlining that is kind of straight, I'm having trouble getting rid of that due to the structure being so close. So anyway, um... pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The half loop part has been so much harder to shape for some reason. It looks like it's too pointy, also. Should I raise the diagonal structure down one?
Also, I have a test video:

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#51 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

The half loop isn't the issue. Your twist into the half loop is too long. If you look at the very top of the last picture where you have two flat granites on the top structure, I think you only need one. After doing that you could probably lower the whole structure by a granite too. Doing that will bring the half loop closer to the twist, eliminating the awkwardness. This coaster is looking great!

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#52 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

The third picture looks great, and you've got a good start to the element, but what griffon said is pretty much the issue here. Also, I'm glad you solved the sharp spot issue!

Posted Image

#53 MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12

Construction Foreman

• 106 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Ok, it's been like 2 weeks since i last got on here, and im not dead, lol. I cant believe that you redid that c roll again, it looks exactly the same as the first time (maybe) and i thought you had that down again. But i want you to finish this!

#54 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

The half loop isn't the issue. Your twist into the half loop is too long. If you look at the very top of the last picture where you have two flat granites on the top structure, I think you only need one. After doing that you could probably lower the whole structure by a granite too. Doing that will bring the half loop closer to the twist, eliminating the awkwardness. This coaster is looking great!

I changed it to one granite instead of two, and it helped. I didn't lower the dive loop due to speed worries, but I did modify it. Thanks!

The third picture looks great, and you've got a good start to the element, but what griffon said is pretty much the issue here. Also, I'm glad you solved the sharp spot issue!

Thanks, I'm glad I fixed the sharp spot issue!

Ok, it's been like 2 weeks since i last got on here, and im not dead, lol. I cant believe that you redid that c roll again, it looks exactly the same as the first time (maybe) and i thought you had that down again. But i want you to finish this!

It's only been 2 weeks? Feels like it's been a longer time than that. Yes I redid the c roll again, and it's just now in its final form. It's different from before, more banking and more like the one on Scream. Thanks, I will finish this! :)

Is this better?
Posted Image
I'll see what I can do about the pullout. Speaking of which, is the pullout of an appropriate size? So I'll get the fake loop built by tonight hopefully.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#55 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

The pullout looks like the right size but... I don't know, somethings just not right...

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#56 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I still think that you need some more heart-lining unless you're trying to not have any. I like this whole coaster so far SCM! Keep up the great work!

#57 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

The pullin to the diveloop is too steep. Shaping on the loop portion looks awesome though!!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#58 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

The pullout looks like the right size but... I don't know, somethings just not right...

Hmmm... I think you're right, I agree, something was just not right. I think it's fixed now, though.

I still think that you need some more heart-lining unless you're trying to not have any. I like this whole coaster so far SCM! Keep up the great work!

Heartlining has been strangely hard for me to do without being awkward about it, so I'm not sure if I want heartlining or not. Thanks! I'll try!

The pullin to the diveloop is too steep. Shaping on the loop portion looks awesome though!!

Thanks! Is it better now?

I'm moving on from the dive loop, as long as elements have OK shaping I'll grant them authorization to be on this coaster. Let's get onto the update, shall we?
I re-did the pre-lift curve because my foot kept accidentally breaking it when I walk by. I needed a stronger curve. So I made one. This time around, I used inverted track connected to a half moon on top of normal track to get shaping just right. Then, I made the supports, and then the track to support connections. Next, I removed the inverted track. And that is how I build when the structure isn't strong enough to build normally.
Posted Image

...themeing. If I can think of what else to do, I'll add onto it.

Moar entrance line. I also made a small plaza and eight benches.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Added stairs on the brakerun...
Posted Image
The final curves of the ride, which what was originally planned. I hope the train to just barely make them, so it looks cooler. Probably not going to reveal shaping on it until the final update or so.
Posted Image
The dive loop I'm OK with, but still see room for improvement:
Posted Image
The fake loop is a troublesome little thing to make. I'm thinking of adding a semi-circle method to shape the top right. Anyway, so this loop is supposed to be banked at the top (should I do more banking?) And the problem with this is that it looks good from certain angles, take this one for example:
Posted Image
But then from angles such as this, not so much:
Posted Image
The train doesn't make it, but then again, the train hasn't been lubed in a while and barely makes it past the dive loop.
After the fake loop, next comes the butterfly. I have an idea of how I'm going to do the structure for that, but I'm not entirely sure it will work.
Comment... if you want.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#59 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

I love the theming for this coaster. Also I think the end before the brake run is just freaking awesome!!!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#60 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

There are fairly sizeable bumps on that fake loop. I can see that from the angle that you think it looks good at. Also the pullout from the dive loop and the fake loop aren't very consistent. I see straight spots in both. You know what to do.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum