looper maelstrom screamin serpent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RCfreak23

RCfreak23

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

First knex coaster and I plan on finishing it. The coaster isn't going to be that long, I'm and just looking at strengthening it more. What I have so far is the drop and turn. Feel free to add things I need to improve on and other suggestions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

The pull out of the drop is a bit sharp and there are a couple of bumps entering the turn but otherwise, this is a pretty solid start you have here.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

that cuved track is sexy my friend would of said but this is cool good luck on this coaster

#4 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

For your first K'nex coaster, the shaping is very smooth! ;)
The amount of x-ties you are using is awesome! The more the merrier!
The only thing that could be improved is the sharp spot at the transition between the drop and the turn (it can be seen in the 3rd picture, 2-3 yellow rods off the ground). Other than that, I'd say that one of the two main box supports (holding up the lift) could be removed. It isn't necessary to have too many box supports in that area and removing one of them can save you quite a bit of pieces.

I'll be watching this coaster for updates!

Posted Image

#5 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Nice start looks smooth apart from the small sharp spot at the pullout. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: looper, maelstrom, screamin serpent