• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hello all!

One week ago I started working on the project I have been looking forward to for a few months now: a recreation of Tatsu, the well-known B&M Flying from Six Flags Magic Mountain. I have already built the Sky Tower a couple of months ago and I hope I will be able to finish a recreation of Tatsu as well. I think it will be another week before I have finished the lift, so here is a little teaser.

Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Oh ma gawd, it's happening. So much detail already in the teaser.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

That terrain is so sickkkk. My only complaint is Tatsu doesn't have a catwalk under it like some B&M Inverts, it only has two beams on each side so you can see straight down to the ground with nothing below you.
Posted Image

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

^ Truth.

This is my favorite roller coaster!!! <3

I can't wait to see this built in Knex by one of the most skilled builders. It's gonna be pretty big, by the looks of things :o

Edited by ~stεεlspectrum~, 07 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#5 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

That terrain is amazing! I love the trees. I think the lift might be too steep but it could just be the angle of the picture.

Posted Image

#6 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

it would be really awesome to see this be recreated. goodluck!

#7 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

So many recreations are being made this year...
This looks sick! Tatsu's one of my favourite coasters! By the way, the terrain looks spot on!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#8 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

That terrain is so sickkkk. My only complaint is Tatsu doesn't have a catwalk under it like some B&M Inverts, it only has two beams on each side so you can see straight down to the ground with nothing below you.

The middle part looks more like a chain guide than a cat walk.

Can't wait for this!

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#9 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Looks awesome so far your building a flying coaster like me too and definetly do the double station and make Shure it's working too please!

#10 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Nemisis and then Tatsu... This is turning into one of the best years in knex recreation history! So keen to see all these terrain coasters coming out! Terrain is so fun to make

#11 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Oh ma gawd, it's happening. So much detail already in the teaser.

Yes, it is happening! It took a while before I started this project, but the plans were already there for some months. Thanks!

Thanks Knexrule! I increased the distance between the stairs and the beam. It is not as wide as on Tatsu, but it is as wide as I could make it. Thanks for your helpful comment!

^ Truth.

This is my favorite roller coaster!!! <3

I can't wait to see this built in Knex by one of the most skilled builders. It's gonna be pretty big, by the looks of things :o

You must have ridden this beast so many times, I am jealous, you may know. Thanks!

That terrain is amazing! I love the trees. I think the lift might be too steep but it could just be the angle of the picture.

Thank you! I think it is the angle, but there is a side-view in this update so you can have a better look at it.

it would be really awesome to see this be recreated. goodluck!

Thanks, I will try my best!

So many recreations are being made this year...
This looks sick! Tatsu's one of my favourite coasters! By the way, the terrain looks spot on!

Yes, there have been quite a lot of recreations this year. I hope I can ride Tatsu someday, but I think I will have to wait for a few more years. Thanks!

The middle part looks more like a chain guide than a cat walk.

Can't wait for this!

Here is your update sir!

Looks awesome so far your building a flying coaster like me too and definetly do the double station and make Shure it's working too please!

Thanks! Tatsu has a double station, and my recreation wouldn't be complete without it. I haven't done many research on the double station yet, so I have not decided yet on how I am going to build it.

Nemisis and then Tatsu... This is turning into one of the best years in knex recreation history! So keen to see all these terrain coasters coming out! Terrain is so fun to make

Although it takes quite some time to build, terrain is definitely fun to build and it looks quite nice. Thanks for your comment!

I completed the lift. I will add the chain and the motors later. I had to rebuild the entire terrain, that's why it took so long before I could post this update. The new terrain uses way less greys, red rods and 3D-connectors.

Posted Image
So many trees!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#12 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I just realized I am wearing a Tatsu shirt! And at 3:35 I said "I wonder if Helmur updated" and it looks like at 3:36 you did! And yet he did update :D. I love the terrain, along with the lift. It all looks SOOO GOOD!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#13 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

That is one gorgeous lift. The terrain makes it look that much better. Looking really good, Helmer.

#14 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

The lift looks great. I cannot wait to see the drop. More importantly, the supports on the drop (I love the look of inverted drops with tubes).

Posted Image

#15 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

That lift looks super sturdy and accurate, nice job!

#16 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

need to pick my jaw up off the floor.... WOW

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#17 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Love the detail in the crest, great work there!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Logged in just to reply to this. This thing is looking unreal so far, and you only have a chainlift! Hopefully I remember to come back and check this thing out!

Posted Image

#19 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Looks awesome now get the lift working how many motors are u using, how longs the trains use orange ones, and how tall is the lift in feet?

#20 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

There aren't a lot of people who can make people excited with just a lift hill :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tatsu helmut