tatsu helmut

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Oh My Gosh! This is so Cool! Tatsu is my 2nd favorite coaster! Yayayayayayaya! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#42 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

How's the speed on the flatspin? This is looking really good so far, keep up the great work!

#43 Sorunome

Sorunome

Programmer

• 436 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Wha, i love tatsu!
Great to see a re-creation of it in knex in the works!

logo_v1_small.png 36691.png

#44 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

it looks much better but I still don't think it looks perfect. Good job though can't wait

I changed the flatspin a little bit, I hope it looks better now!

I think your problem is that the roll isn't starting soon enough. The height of it is looking nice, but the real element seems to be a mix between a zero-g roll and a corkscrew. I think the roll needs to start earlier and be more drawn out, unlike a corkscrew (which just rolls over). This picture has a decently good view of what I'm talking about (you can also see a side view of the second roll which has the same-ish shape as the first one).

I lowered the whole thing a bit, which fixed most of the problem. Thanks for you input!

It definitely looks better, but the roll should still be more "drawn out", as Jumpge put it. It's hard to explain, but I think if you do that and smooth it out then it will look better.

Thanks for your help, it is nice to have a Tatsu-expert here on SSC. ;)

Looks good just make the flat spin a tad bit wider and flat. Also u could raise it up, so it barely makes it for the height, like in real life, in the awesome layout with, the huge pretzel loop!

I will try to make the Pretzel Loop as tall as possible, but I first need to build some other elements. ;) Thanks!

Oh My Gosh! This is so Cool! Tatsu is my 2nd favorite coaster! Yayayayayayaya! :D

Thank you! What is your first favorite coaster?

How's the speed on the flatspin? This is looking really good so far, keep up the great work!

I included a testvideo in this update, check it out! :P

Wha, i love tatsu!

Danke!

First a picture of the fixed flatspin
Posted Image
The brand-new Zero G roll
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Overview of the flatspin and Zero G roll
Posted Image
Total overview
Posted Image
Posted Image

Testvideo!

:)

Posted Image

#45 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

it looks much better but I still don't think it looks perfect. Good job though can't wait

I changed the flatspin a little bit, I hope it looks better now!

I think your problem is that the roll isn't starting soon enough. The height of it is looking nice, but the real element seems to be a mix between a zero-g roll and a corkscrew. I think the roll needs to start earlier and be more drawn out, unlike a corkscrew (which just rolls over). This picture has a decently good view of what I'm talking about (you can also see a side view of the second roll which has the same-ish shape as the first one).

I lowered the whole thing a bit, which fixed most of the problem. Thanks for you input!

It definitely looks better, but the roll should still be more "drawn out", as Jumpge put it. It's hard to explain, but I think if you do that and smooth it out then it will look better.

Thanks for your help, it is nice to have a Tatsu-expert here on SSC. ;)

Looks good just make the flat spin a tad bit wider and flat. Also u could raise it up, so it barely makes it for the height, like in real life, in the awesome layout with, the huge pretzel loop!

I will try to make the Pretzel Loop as tall as possible, but I first need to build some other elements. ;) Thanks!

Thank you! What is your first favorite coaster?

I included a testvideo in this update, check it out! :P

Wha, i love tatsu!

Danke!

First a picture of the fixed flatspin
Posted Image
The brand-new Zero G roll
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Overview of the flatspin and Zero G roll
Posted Image
Total overview
Posted Image
Posted Image

Testvideo!

Posted Image

#46 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

The first roll looks much better and the second one looks fantastic. Also, the test video was awesome. Glad to see the coaster is working really well.

Posted Image

#47 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

That's amazing, thanks for the test video! Ill be riding tatsu tommorow and I hope its as awesome as this recreation

#48 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

It is as awesome as the video. Ride Tatsu and Full Throttle! They're my top two favorite coasters! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#49 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

The.. The flow is just jaw dropping. Same thing with the Zero G rolls. Both are just fantastic.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#50 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I cannot seem to understand how you got that terrain so perfect. The RIDE is very polished and clean, just blending right in! I'm not seeng anything wrong, and like steel said, SFMM is viewable through street view on Google maps.

Formally RK500

#51 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Why a bump! I want an update! :'(

Posted Image

#52 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

The first roll looks much better and the second one looks fantastic. Also, the test video was awesome. Glad to see the coaster is working really well.

Thank you!

That's amazing, thanks for the test video! Ill be riding tatsu tommorow and I hope its as awesome as this recreation

I hope you will enjoy your ride on Tatsu, thanks!

It is as awesome as the video. Ride Tatsu and Full Throttle! They're my top two favorite coasters! :D

I agree, it looks like both coasters are awesome. I hope to ride them some day.

The.. The flow is just jaw dropping. Same thing with the Zero G rolls. Both are just fantastic.

Thanks a lot!

I cannot seem to understand how you got that terrain so perfect. The RIDE is very polished and clean, just blending right in! I'm not seeng anything wrong, and like steel said, SFMM is viewable through street view on Google maps.

I am glad to hear you like the terrain. I know, and it is very handy!

Why a bump! I want an update! :'(

Here you go, a small update.

This update is just to show you that I am still working on this coaster. I am very busy at the moment with school and work, and I have barely any time to build on Tatsu. Yesterday evening I finished most of the Horseshoe. I did some testing, but the train doesn't clear the horseshoe yet. Half of my train ran on Lightning Racer for the last time and the other half ran on Timbuktu for the last time, which was approx. four months ago. So lubing the axles will definitely help, which I haven't done yet. The Horseshoe is now on 9 granites height above the ground, so I can still lower it by half a granite if the lubing doesn't help enough. Once I finished the pull-out of the Horseshoe and got the coaster running, I will post an update with testvideo.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
A panorama of what I have built on this recreation of Tatsu so far.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

It looks amazing so far, the terrain is great it adds a lot to the ride and makes it seem more realistic. My only concern is that even though lubing your cars will help to clear the horseshoe, will it be able to clear the pretzel loop which to me looks to be about the same height as the horseshoe turn.

Good luck! :D

Posted Image

#54 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

It looks really good, but from my memory from when I rode tatsu a few weeks ago I think that it should be much more over banked, ill try to find an example pic when I get home.

Edit: now that I'm looking at it again I think it looks a bit better, maybe bank it just a tad more. This coasters looking awesome!

Edited by Gvus, 31 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#55 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Lubing and maybe cleaning your axles will definitely help to make it clear the horseshoe, especially because your trains haven't been running for a long time. About the shaping of the horseshoe, I think it looks fine, except for the banking. This picture shows clearly that it should be banked more. I definitely advise it, because it's rather obvious now. The rest is looking astonishing :)!

Posted Image

#56 Bleach11

Bleach11

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Looks amazing Helmut! Keep it up!!

The Force is with you young Skywalker..... but you are not a Jedi yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#57 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Wow, the amount of banking shown in the reference picture makes me feel like this element is an overbank!
Just fix the banking and lube the trains. Once you build the next element, I think you'll be setup with a good height for the pretzel roll.

Posted Image

#58 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Holy schijt, I had not noticed this thread yet!
Looks amazing dude, I love how the coaster is build on a "socle" of terrain, it diminishes the connections between reality and model, if you catch my drift.

#59 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sweet! Also, I agree with Gvus about the more banking. It's much more banked than what you did.
Here's a link to a picture of the overbanked turn. http://www.parkz.com...4304-Tatsu.html :D

Edited by ZachCreate, 02 November 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Posted Image

#60 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

If I squint really hard, it looks like pictures of the real Tatsu.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tatsu helmut