tatsu helmut

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

The height of the lift looks interesting, especially because it's going to be a tough job to get the layout done this way. Anyways, I'm sure you can dot this :).

Posted Image

#22 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

I just realized I am wearing a Tatsu shirt! And at 3:35 I said "I wonder if Helmur updated" and it looks like at 3:36 you did! And yet he did update :D. I love the terrain, along with the lift. It all looks SOOO GOOD!

Cool! When did you visit Six Flags Magic Mountain? Haha, at your service! ;) Thanks!

That is one gorgeous lift. The terrain makes it look that much better. Looking really good, Helmer.

Thanks Stig!

The lift looks great. I cannot wait to see the drop. More importantly, the supports on the drop (I love the look of inverted drops with tubes).

Yes, I like the look of tall tube-supports as well. Thanks!

That lift looks super sturdy and accurate, nice job!

Thanks Steel!

need to pick my jaw up off the floor.... WOW

Haha, thank you! I like that expression.

Love the detail in the crest, great work there!

Thanks Max! It also makes the crest a lot sturdier.

Logged in just to reply to this. This thing is looking unreal so far, and you only have a chainlift! Hopefully I remember to come back and check this thing out!

Thanks! I hope you will be able to check out this update as well.

Looks awesome now get the lift working how many motors are u using, how longs the trains use orange ones, and how tall is the lift in feet?

Thanks! I will get the lift working later on, I first want to have some progress on the track. Making lifts work can be very annoying, so I am just postponing it. ;) I think I will use the black train, since it is my best train. Perhaps I can have two trains (orange and black) running at the same time, who knows. Uh, I don't know exactly, but I guess it is around 1,70 meter.

There aren't a lot of people who can make people excited with just a lift hill :)

Haha, thanks!

The height of the lift looks interesting, especially because it's going to be a tough job to get the layout done this way. Anyways, I'm sure you can dot this :).

Yes, it is not super tall, but I hope I can pull this off!

I finished the drop and its terrain. Next will be the placement of the Sky Tower and the first inversion.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#23 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

The drop looks pretty accurate to the real thing! How fast does it go?

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#24 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

From the angles you posted, it looks pretty damn amazing.

#25 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I feel like it's not that steep in real life, but I could be wrong--I haven't compared it to any pictures yet. The supports are impressively accurate, though.

And if you didn't know, you can "walk" through Magic Mountain using Google Maps Street View. It might be useful while you're building, who knows. https://www.google.c...68!4f13.1&fid=5

#26 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

You may as well just take the rest of the top model tags that are still to come in future. Not many people can build at this level of insanity.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#27 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

I do agree about the drop steepness. Check on that and make changes if needed.
I can't wait to see the first inversion on this coaster. Oh yeah, and the first test video.
So much flow in this ride...

Posted Image

#28 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I thought about attempting this a few years ago, but I'm really glad you're doing it instead! You've done an amazing job so far! The terrain makes it stand out extremely well, and that drop is perfect. Is it possible that you can replace the blue tubing at the top of the lift with red tubing? It'd be much more Tatsu-esque.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#29 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

The drop looks pretty accurate to the real thing! How fast does it go?

Thanks! The train was still fully weighted when I tested it the first time, and it went pretty fast.

From the angles you posted, it looks pretty damn amazing.

Thank you!

I feel like it's not that steep in real life, but I could be wrong--I haven't compared it to any pictures yet. The supports are impressively accurate, though.

And if you didn't know, you can "walk" through Magic Mountain using Google Maps Street View. It might be useful while you're building, who knows. https://www.google.c...68!4f13.1&fid=5

I instantly looked at reference pictures during the construction of the drop, so I guess it is fine. But it is good to hear you opinion on it, since you have ridden Tatsu in real. I know, and it helped me a lot! Thanks!

You may as well just take the rest of the top model tags that are still to come in future. Not many people can build at this level of insanity.

Haha, thanks! There is still much competition with builds from RCF919, Maarten, Jochem, Steel, Jumpge and all of the other excellent builders out here.

I do agree about the drop steepness. Check on that and make changes if needed.
I can't wait to see the first inversion on this coaster. Oh yeah, and the first test video.
So much flow in this ride...

The first inversion is in this update, so the waiting is over. I think I will post a testvideo once I finished the Zero G roll. Thanks dude!

I thought about attempting this a few years ago, but I'm really glad you're doing it instead! You've done an amazing job so far! The terrain makes it stand out extremely well, and that drop is perfect. Is it possible that you can replace the blue tubing at the top of the lift with red tubing? It'd be much more Tatsu-esque.

Thank you! It will be covered with chain later on, so I don't think it is really needed. Thanks for the advice though!

I built most of the corkscrew and did the placement of the Sky Tower. Next will be the turn between the corkscrew and Zero G roll, the Zero G roll itself and some more terrain.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Looks absolutely incredible, but I'm worried about something. The bottom of the pretzel loop later in the layout, if I remember correctly, is a decent amount lower than the elevation of the station. You'll want to drastically elevate what you have right now if you want the scale to be accurate, unfortunately. Look how raised the station's land appears compared to the pretzel loop in this picture:
Posted Image

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#31 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Looks amazing but you might have to raise the whole thing up by about a red or grey rod so that you can get the pretzel loop in at the right height but apart from that this is insane!!! :D

#32 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

At first I was going to disagree with the above comments but on closer inspection, amagzi makes an important point. There's a lot more height difference than I thought there was originally. Apart from that though, this continues to look beautiful.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#33 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

The attention to detail is simply amazing.

#34 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

This is how I feel about the corkscrew you built:

Posted Image

If you want it to be proportional, the flatspin should be shorter and, well, flatter. The train goes through it pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong - you built a nicely shaped corkscrew. But it doesn't look like Tatsu's flatspin to me.

Edited by ~stεεlspectrum~, 01 October 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#35 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

I agree with what st33l is saying. I knew something was off when I saw the shaping of the flatspin in the update and he was able to point it out.

Posted Image

#36 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Looks absolutely incredible, but I'm worried about something. The bottom of the pretzel loop later in the layout, if I remember correctly, is a decent amount lower than the elevation of the station. You'll want to drastically elevate what you have right now if you want the scale to be accurate, unfortunately. Look how raised the station's land appears compared to the pretzel loop in this picture:

Thank you for your advice. I don't really know how the speed conservation on this ride will be, so I will just continue building and I will see what happens.

Looks amazing but you might have to raise the whole thing up by about a red or grey rod so that you can get the pretzel loop in at the right height but apart from that this is insane!!! :D

Thank you!

At first I was going to disagree with the above comments but on closer inspection, amagzi makes an important point. There's a lot more height difference than I thought there was originally. Apart from that though, this continues to look beautiful.

Thanks! I know about the height difference, but it will be solved when I know a bit more precisely how tall the Pretzel Loop will be.

The attention to detail is simply amazing.

Thanks Stig!

This is how I feel about the corkscrew you built:

If you want it to be proportional, the flatspin should be shorter and, well, flatter. The train goes through it pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong - you built a nicely shaped corkscrew. But it doesn't look like Tatsu's flatspin to me.

Thanks for the picture St33l, I really appreciate it. I did some work on it tonight, could you please say how you feel about the flatspin now?

I agree with what st33l is saying. I knew something was off when I saw the shaping of the flatspin in the update and he was able to point it out.

Yes Batman.

Just a short update with a couple of pictures of the flatspin in its current state. From some angles the flatspin looks awful, but I guess it looks better now compared to how it was before. Some of the supports still need some work, but this is just to show you the shaping, which kind of looked odd in the previous update.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 mitch

mitch

i hate hybrid coasters

• 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

it looks much better but I still don't think it looks perfect. Good job though can't wait

Posted Image

#38 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think your problem is that the roll isn't starting soon enough. The height of it is looking nice, but the real element seems to be a mix between a zero-g roll and a corkscrew. I think the roll needs to start earlier and be more drawn out, unlike a corkscrew (which just rolls over). This picture has a decently good view of what I'm talking about (you can also see a side view of the second roll which has the same-ish shape as the first one).

Posted Image

#39 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

It definitely looks better, but the roll should still be more "drawn out", as Jumpge put it. It's hard to explain, but I think if you do that and smooth it out then it will look better.

#40 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Looks good just make the flat spin a tad bit wider and flat. Also u could raise it up, so it barely makes it for the height, like in real life, in the awesome layout with, the huge pretzel loop!

Edited by IOAgeek, 10 October 2013 - 12:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tatsu helmut