This Looks so awesome!

#42 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

This Looks so awesome!

Thanks!

That is beautiful dude, just beautiful. Have you experimented all with more complex track paths? I don't if I've mentioned this before, but the Nolimits construction kit allows you to export nolimits track files as 3d object. Could be something to play around with if you even do a complete coaster.

Thank you!
If it turns out to be near impossible o make a loop, I'll look into no limits.

Great job on the coaster car. It looks perfect!

Then you'll like this:

Brief update: I haven't been able to work on it all break cause I can't get the software at home. However, the front car is almost completed!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#43 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Beautiful job on the car! I love how much detail you have put into this project. Hopefully you can make the rest of the train soon. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#44 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

I think you forgot to add pet hair to the axels....

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#45 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

^ ha! Good point ;)!

Looking epic! Wish I could do this!

#46 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I'm sooo looking forward to CAD class in highschool now! Are you able to change the color of the cars easily?

#47 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Beautiful job on the car! I love how much detail you have put into this project. Hopefully you can make the rest of the train soon. :)

Speaking of detail, since posting, I added the K on the nose of the car.

I think you forgot to add pet hair to the axels....

I'm on it.

^ ha! Good point ;)!

Looking epic! Wish I could do this!

You can! Just take an engineering class in highschool or college.

I'm sooo looking forward to CAD class in highschool now! Are you able to change the color of the cars easily?

It's a great class. Takes as much time as a sport though. Yes, changing the appearance is as easy as pie.

Fun update!
So, I 3D printed a part. Nuff said.
Posted Image

Comment, if you want

Edited by alpal, 08 January 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#48 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

DP

I finished the rollercoaster train today.
I apologize for the dull looking pictures, I'm still figuring out how to render well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Next is the rest of the track and the automation, mostly assembly and animation. Wish me luck on the animation part!

#49 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

We should 3D print some car bodies to use for raptor. They look spot on except for the color but that's easy to change.

Posted Image

#50 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

The train looks fabulous. Printing custom cars for Raptor would be pretty sweet ,too.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#51 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Very impressive! Would you ever be willing to put those files up for other members to use (not to be pushy, but they're awesome!).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#52 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

We should 3D print some car bodies to use for raptor. They look spot on except for the color but that's easy to change.

As soon as Macartney gets some support material, I'll be down for it. We have orange ABS :)

The train looks fabulous. Printing custom cars for Raptor would be pretty sweet ,too.

Why thank you! Custom cars might be something I would do next semester for fun.

Very impressive! Would you ever be willing to put those files up for other members to use (not to be pushy, but they're awesome!).

Patience. Good things come to those who wait. Yes, I will, but I still need to perfect some files before sending them out.

Hey, look, a loop!
Posted Image

Trackwork is done, my friends.
Posted Image

Up next: Flexi's, gears, final picture renders, automation animation, rollercoaster animation with automation, final video with rendered and real video of the knex model, scale model 3D print, and an epic presentation at a convention. Well, that is the plan. Wish me luck. :)

#53 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Wait, did you just say that you're goingvto 3d print the coaster, how long would that take? Can you print it in a single chunk, or did I just mis understand?

#54 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

I don't know what, but for some reason the loop looks a little weird to me. But this looks awesome, none the less. do you have any idea when you might have the files for the pieces up for download? Not rushing you, just asking when do you roughly predict the releasing of the files? A month? 6 months? A year?

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#55 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Wait, did you just say that you're goingvto 3d print the coaster, how long would that take? Can you print it in a single chunk, or did I just mis understand?

I think he means he is going to 3D print a smaller model that does not function.

This looks amazing, I can't wait to see it complete. I wish I had access to a 3D printer...

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#56 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

This is fantastic a few years back i attempted to do something similar but i failed, I modeled all the parts in truespace ( a now dead 3d modeling program) and just couldnt make it easy enough to build with, i could probably make a builder in unity that could play almost like game more than a program. I may have to try something like this in my spare time.

#57 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'm planning on printing a scale model, I'll see how it goes. I might want to just make a simplified model without knex parts.

I don't know what, but for some reason the loop looks a little weird to me. But this looks awesome, none the less. do you have any idea when you might have the files for the pieces up for download? Not rushing you, just asking when do you roughly predict the releasing of the files? A month? 6 months? A year?

Loop has been fixed. Maybe 2 months.

I think he means he is going to 3D print a smaller model that does not function.

This looks amazing, I can't wait to see it complete. I wish I had access to a 3D printer...

You are correct, and thank you!

This is fantastic a few years back i attempted to do something similar but i failed, I modeled all the parts in truespace ( a now dead 3d modeling program) and just couldnt make it easy enough to build with, i could probably make a builder in unity that could play almost like game more than a program. I may have to try something like this in my spare time.

If you built a builder in unity that made making rollercoasters easy, I would be very impressed. If you follow through on that and have any questions, I may be able to answer a few.

So, I have a little treat for y'all. Enjoy!!

Posted Image

I won't update for probably a few weeks, but stay tuned until then!

#58 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

The loop looks much better now. Plus I think one of the reasons it looked so weird is because of the fact that it isn't a very big loop, yet it still has to be a certain width. Therefore, the loop would look much wider than normal. Anyways, hope that "few weeks" goes by fast, I can't wait for another update! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#59 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

The loop does seem to be much better now. Just wondering, I decided to just try making parts myself for now. Do you have any tips on making them?

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#60 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

The loop.... Isso perfect. Maybe when I'm in High school I'll do this.