contest scenery terrain thezachman28 winter

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

I would use a 12v or a TT motor, I have a 12v and you can gear it up to make it a good speed for what you need it for. I don't have a tt but it should work even better because you won't have to mess with all the wires.

I think I will get another TT motor. I have one but i am currently using it on the lift. Thank you! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#22 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Oh, the joy of getting new K'nex.

It's so fun isn't it?

It sure is. :)

Looks good zach can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Tim!

So before I get super busy over the break, I thought I would update the coaster. The track layout is almost finished, but i need a transport system. I am deciding to either make a tire drive throughout the station/brake run, or make a chain lift up to the station and raise it a bit. What do you recommend?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

comment please!

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#23 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'd go with the tire drive option. Also, I think you could make that last turn (the one that dives into the terrain) into some sort of dive, so that you can have 2 inversions. If that doesn't work I think you should try to fit in another inversion somewhere. Hopdfully you can add some boss theaming and you'll have a great little coaster here Zach!

Edit: I see that in a few places uou have all of you ladders in you spine at the same point, I would stagger them to smooth out the track more.

#24 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'd go with the tire drive option. Also, I think you could make that last turn (the one that dives into the terrain) into some sort of dive, so that you can have 2 inversions. If that doesn't work I think you should try to fit in another inversion somewhere. Hopdfully you can add some boss theaming and you'll have a great little coaster here Zach!

Edit: I see that in a few places uou have all of you ladders in you spine at the same point, I would stagger them to smooth out the track more.

Thank you very much! The only problem I would run into with the tire drive is that I have to turn.....

The title says it all...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please!
:) :) :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 20 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#25 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

wow very coster

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#26 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

wow very coster

What do you mean by that, it makes no sense and you have posted it twice?

This looks great! I'm liking where this is going.

#27 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

What do you mean by that, it makes no sense and you have posted it twice?

This looks great! I'm liking where this is going.

Thanks! And it's an inside joke between us :P
And BTW: I am working on the spines now, and I have to wait until I get my next set ( shortly after Christmas) to make the tire drive. Until then I can work on scenery. :)

Posted Image

#28 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Wow, someone actually used my spine! YAY!!! (eek)

I love the heartline roll, along with all the twisties!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#29 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Wow, someone actually used my spine! YAY!!! (eek)

I love the heartline roll, along with all the twisties!

lol. It's a very good, and sturdy spine. I am surprised it has not been used before. :)
Thanks!

Posted Image

#30 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Nice title, I'd say that the banking in the entrance and exit is a little extreme. But considering how small it is and the compact area you can probably just leave it. It would also give riders a very unique experience,

#31 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Nice title, I'd say that the banking in the entrance and exit is a little extreme. But considering how small it is and the compact area you can probably just leave it. It would also give riders a very unique experience,

Yeah, the feeling of having to go to the hospital for their broken neck! lol thanks!

In the past few days I really haven't done much, other than start the terrain process. I do have a test though. The train does really make it to the snowflake with the blue rods, I just didn't have the motor on. Now all there is left to do is the station and the scenery.

Posted Image

Comment please!

Posted Image

#32 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

That's got great flow though the layout, bit with theaming I'd use white paper instead of brown, or put white over the btown to makr it look more wintery. I'd also recomend adding a few smaller trees to go with the big one.

#33 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'd definitely try and fix the shaking. Other than that, it's a very nice coaster!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#34 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

That's got great flow though the layout, bit with theaming I'd use white paper instead of brown, or put white over the btown to makr it look more wintery. I'd also recomend adding a few smaller trees to go with the big one.

I will be putting snow on the packaging paper. I could use some trees, though. Thanks!

I'd definitely try and fix the shaking. Other than that, it's a very nice coaster!

The shaking is something that I am trying to fix, but with my lack of pieces, and room due to the twisty layout, it is difficult. Thank you!

Just another thing to add to the the huge recent construction list. I started putting some snow down while I wasn't busy with Christmas stuff. I'll get rid of all the creases and uneven spots when I get some cotton balls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please!

Edited by -=Zach=-, 26 December 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

By the looks of it you still have a lot more snow to "make", but its looking really nice with the snow.

#36 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

love it. lol:P

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#37 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

By the looks of it you still have a lot more snow to "make", but its looking really nice with the snow.

Thank you. And snow is annoying as crap so it might take a bit longer. i'll be working on it today though :)

love it. lol:P

Thanks! :P

Haven't really done much yet, but i did make a trailer for the coaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2y-z9vMGY

For some reason it only uploaded in 360p. The final will be in 720p though. Thanks to Tim (Timmehtheamazing) for coming over and lending me his beautiful Rebel T3i!

Comment please!

Posted Image

#38 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

In the amount of time I've been home I have been able to do a lot of the terrain. It's not all finished but I have gotten very far. Enjoy the pictures!

Posted Image

In the picture below It looks like there is a big bump in the drop. Do not worry there is not :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please

Posted Image

#39 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Looking goooood! :D can't wait for the final video!

#40 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Looking goooood! :D can't wait for the final video!

Thank you very much! :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, scenery, terrain, thezachman28, winter