b&m hyper box supports gray thezachman28 zach

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

I like the mcbr using those as a bit of a height boost is a great idea when it comes to knex coasters.

I agree. Simple and effective. It's done me good things in the past and when I was building Megahertz, I did find the TT does give a nice smooth transition like this one.

Anyway, I like the colour of the trains but I would just play about with the flat corner at the end of 'the ribbon'. I think it just levels into it a bit too early and sharply in my opinion if you know what I mean, although I can understand you might not want to play about with it because the coaster works well at this point. Other than that, I'm enjoying this.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#22 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

That element looks like an inclined loop, but with its pull-in and pull-out much tighter than regular. It looks good to me, but I haven't looked over a coaster in months to critique well. Looks really interesting and I can't wait to see what's next.

Thanks! I guess it does kinda look like an inclined loop, with less banking. :)

I really like this coaster so far, and I also like the name and the train color. me wants moar updates!

Thank you!

Looks great zach, I'm liking the name too.

:D

Although there is a MCBR to catch the train, the TT motor makes for a very smooth transition.

Yeah, thank God for the TT motor... Thanks! :)

Going back to the hill after the drop could you make the top a bit more pointy?
Bit more like that would make it look better I think, everything else looks pretty good
I like the mcbr using those as a bit of a height boost is a great idea when it comes to knex coasters.

Is this any better?

Posted Image

Thanks! I got the idea when I realized that I didn't have much speed left. that really helped!

I agree. Simple and effective. It's done me good things in the past and when I was building Megahertz, I did find the TT does give a nice smooth transition like this one.
Anyway, I like the colour of the trains but I would just play about with the flat corner at the end of 'the ribbon'. I think it just levels into it a bit too early and sharply in my opinion if you know what I mean, although I can understand you might not want to play about with it because the coaster works well at this point. Other than that, I'm enjoying this.

Thanks! I get what your saying, but I'm not entirely certain it will make it afterward like you said. I might play with it a bit though. :)

Another later update tonight. Luckily I'm still keeping my word for daily updates. Anyway, I made a twisty dropsy thing that kind of resembles a helix, but is not one. after that, an airhill followed by a small camelback. Here are some pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

HA! You thought the color was it for the trains? Well, with the help of JPCoaster, I made stripes!
Posted Image
Posted Image

And almost ready for stripes are the rest of my cars:
Posted Image

Comment please! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#23 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

I like the twisty thing and the tubes on it, I'm excited to see the train when its done!

#24 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

Lots of twistiness. I approve highly. The supports under the penultimate air hill appear to be a bit slanted in some pictures. Perhaps just a touch of triangular bracing (really not much at all) would make them look a bit stronger and probably be a bit stronger but if it holds the train well, I have no complaints. Good work.

Edit: Thems trainz iz reel niiice.

Edited by CW5X, 20 January 2014 - 04:16 AM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#25 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

I definetly agree that you made a greta choose putting that fake helix thing and the air time hills.
Another thing i think is great are those white and blue stripe cars, also how did JP show/help you get the stripes on the cars and can you do the same thing on vv cars or just ss thanks.

K`nex always for life ;)

#26 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

I like the twisty thing and the tubes on it, I'm excited to see the train when its done!

Thank you! And the train is finished. You can see it in the pictures. You already know this though. :P

Lots of twistiness. I approve highly. The supports under the penultimate air hill appear to be a bit slanted in some pictures. Perhaps just a touch of triangular bracing (really not much at all) would make them look a bit stronger and probably be a bit stronger but if it holds the train well, I have no complaints. Good work.

Edit: Thems trainz iz reel niiice.

Thank you very much! I put some triangles shown in the pictures below. :)

I definetly agree that you made a greta choose putting that fake helix thing and the air time hills.
Another thing i think is great are those white and blue stripe cars, also how did JP show/help you get the stripes on the cars and can you do the same thing on vv cars or just ss thanks.

Thanks! I don't think you can paint VV cars. I don't know much about VV though. JP basically just gave me tips and pointers on striping them. ;)

6th day of building and the coaster is almost finished. After the turn drop overbank thing, the track will rise into the brake run. Then I just have to make the pre-lift and the station. I also finished the cars. I painted enough for a five car train for future coasters too, as I never see me using any more than that. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

I forgot to put this in the last update: I put catwalks on the MCBR!
Posted Image

Anyway, heres the new element:
Posted Image
Posted Image

An overview:
Posted Image

And to finish things off, here's the finished train:
Posted Image

Edited by -=Zach=-, 21 January 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#27 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

The turn before the last hill you have should be banked more. Everything else looks great. I'm normally not a fan of chain-powered MCBR's, but since the TT motor should cover up the speed boost, I can disregard it.

#28 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

The turn before the last hill you have should be banked more. Everything else looks great. I'm normally not a fan of chain-powered MCBR's, but since the TT motor should cover up the speed boost, I can disregard it.

I have not yet increased the banking, but I will before the next update. I'm normally not a fan either, but with the speed-killing "ribbon," I felt it was best to have it. Thanks! :)

Probably the only update today. I have done close to nothing as far as new track, but I went through the entire coaster, and tweaked the track. Everything is really smooth now. It also shakes less. In the video, I had to push the train a bit, this was because I haven't lubed the train with the right oil in like 45 days. Hopefully I can get it soon. here are some pictures of the ribbon with a larger pullout and smoother track:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
You will also notice there is a disconnected support, this was not on purpose, guess I missed it :P
And here is the first "update" video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvp-qk8RJo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by -=Zach=-, 21 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Posted Image

#29 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

The ribbon shaping looks a lot better now but one of your tube supports is badly bending. I would consider get that sorted out. It definitely will look a lot better when the banking is increased. As for the rest, it's great.

Tyndrum

#30 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

This coaster looks amazing. I wish I could build small coasters as good as you do. One thing that I noticed is the banking at the pullout of the ribbon turn looks like it should be banking more. Unless you are incorporating a lateral g element into there like outlaw runs first ejector airtime hill.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#31 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hey guys, I've got some bad news. With the coaster being so large (for my basement,) I don't have any room for a pre-lift. I tried making a turn before the lift as suggested by Gvus2001, but it wouldn't even have enough room then.

My idea is to scratch the whole coaster, and start another B&M hyper with similar elements, but it would be much smaller (probably around 2.8 feet.) that way I could have space for everything I needed to make an awesome B&M hyper. And also because I would use less feet of track, I could use more X-ties.

To wrap things up, I want to say this coaster is not cancelled, it's just getting a ZachMan28 style makeover. TheZachMan28 style being smaller.
Thanks to everyone for the help so far, and I hope the new layout will please you just as much :)

Posted Image

#32 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Gotta love hypers for their space consuming layouts. Just kidding, but it's a huge shame you have to cancel this because this was looking really good.

#33 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

If I were you, I'd just wrap this up somehow. You could try making a steeper lift or you could make the pullin of the lifthill a bit smaller.
Building a new coaster from scratch is much more satisfying than using old parts, and since you've come so far you should just finish what you got going on, because it looks good.

#34 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I agree it`s a shame this thing is cancelled hopefully the hyper will be just as good if not better.
I would just make sure for sure that this one doesn`t get cancelled at the lat minute but great job on the rest of the elements.

K`nex always for life ;)

#35 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

Man I wouldn't cancel this. I would just redo the drop to make it at a 45 degree angle to where it is now and just play about with it until it makes the track to your liking. You could also get a pretty cool twisting drop with the high speed turn you have now merged into it. Don't stop a great coaster just because you have I minor issue which in my view, can fairly easily be fixed with a couple of short days of work. And do in future take into account every element the ride includes so little annoying things like this won't happen.

Tyndrum

#36 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

Aww, to bad this didn't work out but the next hyper shoild be sweet, and you should keep the name.

#37 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Gotta love hypers for their space consuming layouts. Just kidding, but it's a huge shame you have to cancel this because this was looking really good.

Haha, yeah they suck for that. :P thank you!

If I were you, I'd just wrap this up somehow. You could try making a steeper lift or you could make the pullin of the lifthill a bit smaller.
Building a new coaster from scratch is much more satisfying than using old parts, and since you've come so far you should just finish what you got going on, because it looks good.

I would make the lift steeper, but it was already at a 45* angle, making steeper would be very unrealistic. I've decided the layout won't resemble this coaster's in any way, hopefully. Thank you very much!

I agree it`s a shame this thing is cancelled hopefully the hyper will be just as good if not better.
I would just make sure for sure that this one doesn`t get cancelled at the lat minute but great job on the rest of the elements.

Thank you! I almost know for certain this coaster won't be :)

Man I wouldn't cancel this. I would just redo the drop to make it at a 45 degree angle to where it is now and just play about with it until it makes the track to your liking. You could also get a pretty cool twisting drop with the high speed turn you have now merged into it. Don't stop a great coaster just because you have I minor issue which in my view, can fairly easily be fixed with a couple of short days of work. And do in future take into account every element the ride includes so little annoying things like this won't happen.

With the coaster being like that, the lift would go right into the doorway XD. Plus, I was never really satisfied with the speed loss. The ride never appealed to me that much. It was very demotivating. I really hope you will like the new hyper, as I have already made a layout that will fit great in the room I have. It also has a few unique elements that make it stand out. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Aww, to bad this didn't work out but the next hyper shoild be sweet, and you should keep the name.

I really do hope so! And the name is totally staying! Thank you :)

Thank you all very much for your feedback. I really appreciated it! I have already made the lift and started the drop. Tomorrow, I intend to make the pre-lift and brake run. I will post pics when I'm done with that :)

Posted Image

#38 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

With the coaster being like that, the lift would go right into the doorway XD. Plus, I was never really satisfied with the speed loss. The ride never appealed to me that much. It was very demotivating. I really hope you will like the new hyper, as I have already made a layout that will fit great in the room I have. It also has a few unique elements that make it stand out. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Oh well. If it doesn't fit your fancy then it just doesn't. I'm sure the new hyper will come along very nicely and I'm glad you're keeping the name. I'm interested to see what elements you have come with after my experiences playing about with a hyper.

Tyndrum

#39 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Welcome back everyone. To start off the new version of the coaster, I made a lift and drop. If you saw the pictures before, they got deleted because I changed the drop completely.
here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

This test just shows how sturdy this thing is:
Posted Image

And once again, Jade wanted her picture taken. As soon as she saw a camera in my hand, she posed like that, and didn't move until I took one. :P
Posted Image

Edited by -=Zach=-, 23 January 2014 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

#40 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

I see you made the prelift this time ;). Anyways, looking good!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m hyper, box supports, gray, thezachman28, zach