Rides you don't like

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

So much on this site is around rides that we all love, but here's something new; a thread here you can post rides you don't like! It could be a specific ride, or a kind of ride, just post them, maybe post why you don't like it, at let it all out.

I don't like drop towers personally. I hate how they startle you when they drop, and in hen Its hard to enjoy the ride down because I've just been startled. Now if there was like a "drop countdown" so the drop wouldn't startle me I would love them. I doubt Ill ride Zumanjaro this summer, I diddnt ride Lex Luther when I went to SFMM In October.

Have fun...

#2 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Personally, I don't care much for giant flumes. Log rides and rapid rides can be themed and whatnot, and with the exception of Jurassic Park, they're just there to get you wet.
Also, I can't do the spinning rides all night like I used to. So unless it's something new or really big and European, I don't care much for them either.

#3 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Mean streak. It's right in the name. It's pretty much only worth riding it 1 time for the credit.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#4 Geartooth

Geartooth

Coasters and Biking

• 491 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

^^^ Same here, I had a bad experience when I was younger. Way back when I was in elementary school my family went down to Walt Disney World. We went to what was MGM studios and went on Tower of Terror and hated it.
I still can't get myself on any drop tower, I just keep having flashbacks of riding Tower of Terror. Last year at Cedar Point Graham tried getting me on Power Tower, I got in line and when it was our turn I could not get on it.
The funny thing is I love airtime/ hang time but free falling on drop towers is not my thing. Maybe one day I will grow some balls and ride one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Personally I hate a few wooden roller coasters. Here are the names

1: The New Texas Giant: personal thoughts: prayers for the boy who lost his mother.
2: Screaming Eagle at SFSL: Why can't they make it into a hybrid coaster.
3: The Boss at SFSL: To rough

The only wooden coaster I trust for now is The Wodden Warrior at Quassy Amusement park. Sorry if I misspelled the park name.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Green Lantern (or any Intamin Zacspin). They're very slow and not fun at all. Add in the pain factor (say goodbye to your manhood) and you've got one very unpleasant ride.

#7 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Personally I hate a few wooden roller coasters. Here are the names

1: The New Texas Giant: personal thoughts: prayers for the boy who lost his mother.
2: Screaming Eagle at SFSL: Why can't they make it into a hybrid coaster.
3: The Boss at SFSL: To rough

The only wooden coaster I trust for now is The Wodden Warrior at Quassy Amusement park. Sorry if I misspelled the park name.

Honestly, the only reason it came undone, is because the employees didn't make sure it was clicked enough. I would ride it anyday, as long as it clicks a few times at least. Also, the lady who died on that ride even told the people working on the coaster that she didn't feel safe, that it should click more times. If a person on a coaster says they don't feel safe and say they want off(I'm not sure she said exactly that, but she said something similar), you let them off. You don't force them to stay on if you don't want to. IMO, I personally think it could have been prevented, if the park trained the employees to trained them properly.

Edited by Turtle Man 24, 25 March 2014 - 08:00 PM.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#8 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

I absolutely hate Ferris Wheels. I also don't like those spin-till-you-chuck rides. The one at Knoebles that you stand up and spin around. I hate it! My favorite roller coaster is Twister at Knoebles. That is the best wooden coaster ever!

#9 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Green Lantern (or any Intamin Zacspin). They're very slow and not fun at all. Add in the pain factor (say goodbye to your manhood) and you've got one very unpleasant ride.

Those suck IMO, they whip your neck and head very bad, I could barely walk after I got off of Green Lantern for the first time.

#10 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

There's already been a "least favorite ride" game, but this is still cool.
I really don't Vortex. It's a great Arrow, don't get me wrong, but it hurts insanely bad.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#11 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

^Im assuming you can fit in Arrow/Vekoma trains, so it can't be that bad.

Gwazi and Ninja are my least two favorite. Mostly because i cannot fit in the Ninja train (need to cross my legs and slouch in the seat) and gwazi is just way too rough.

Phoenix at BGT (inverting ship) is just awfully painful on the groin and the chest. They tightened the restraints too much IMO.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#12 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Wild Beast and Minebuster at CW are two of the most uncomfortable coasters I've been on. The park should seriously consider to either do something about their roughness, or just demolish both of them.

Edited by TheRandomGuy, 25 March 2014 - 09:16 PM.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#13 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

^Im assuming you can fit in Arrow/Vekoma trains, so it can't be that bad.

Yeah, I'm pretty small for my age anyway, the trains themselves don't hurt, just the horrible transitions.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#14 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

I love almost every ride I go on EXCEPT FOR ANYTHING THAT ROCKS! I can't stand rocking. It makes me feel like I'm going to barf, and my brother, Nathan, doesn't give a (locked) about it :(. Whenever I go to the Del Mar Fair (the fair in San Diego County) I look around, and all I see is rocking and rocking and rocking, and while Nathan is riding everything, I stare at the ground, trying not to barf looking.

I learned I couldn't rock without feeling sick at age 7 on a rocking pirate ship... +o(

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#15 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

When I went to SFMM I rode the backwards train on Collosus and I hated it, it was painful and just plain annoying. It was too bad because I would've liked the ride if they had normal trains on it that day.

I also hate flat rides that spin to the point that you are pushed extremley hard against the outterwall and have no good restraints to hold you in place, I end up riding some of these every summer at a local fair. Hopefully this year Ill spend less time on annoying rides and more time with my GCI which Im going to be entering In the fair!

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

^^^ Same here, I had a bad experience when I was younger. Way back when I was in elementary school my family went down to Walt Disney World. We went to what was MGM studios and went on Tower of Terror and hated it.
I still can't get myself on any drop tower, I just keep having flashbacks of riding Tower of Terror. Last year at Cedar Point Graham tried getting me on Power Tower, I got in line and when it was our turn I could not get on it.
The funny thing is I love airtime/ hang time but free falling on drop towers is not my thing. Maybe one day I will grow some balls and ride one.

We need to get you on one of those frog hopper kiddie towers then. :D

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

There aren't really any rides that I won't ride, other than Mean Streak. Rode it once, probably never again unless they do a complete overhaul on it. Getting a lasting headache and spinal pain just isn't worth it to me for a ride with minimal airtime and no other redeeming qualities.

The Monster flat rides at both Cedar Point and Dorney Park are also terrible from what I remember 5 years ago. They spin at a speed where head rests would be nice, but there aren't any. I remember having quite the sore neck after getting off.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#18 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Gwazi before the new trains.

#19 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Robin Hood and El Condor at Walibi Holland are way too rough. I also skip most flatrides when I am in an amusment park.

Posted Image

#20 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

I actually love wooden coasters. Last time I went to Cedar Point, Mean Streak was closed, have to try it this year then(maybe). I hate spinning rides, only the ones that spin super fast. Other than that I love every ride unless I don't think it's worth the time.