Rides you don't like

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

I don't really like flat rides either because I don't like spinning round too much. I also don't like the look of launch coasters. I'd rather pay for a professional facelift if I wanted one.
Particular coasters I don't really like include Tornado at M&Ds (I'm sure I've mentioned that at least 20 times before) just because it's so rough and horrible and for similar reasons, the Grand National at Blackpool. Went on it just over a week a ago and it's particularly jarring when the train practically jumps the track.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#22 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

I like every ride really, droptowers are the scariest things by far. Especially once you haven't ridden one in some time.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Bandit in Movie Park Germany. I've only ridden it after the latest retracking and it was still terrible. I cannot imagine how it would have been earlier on.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#24 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Green Lantern (or any Intamin Zacspin). They're very slow and not fun at all. Add in the pain factor (say goodbye to your manhood) and you've got one very unpleasant ride.

May I add to that? I have always thought the standard Vekoma SLCs were bad, but oh man I have experienced Insane (the bigger Intamin Zacspin, same as Green Lantern) and that is ten times worse. I rode it with my sister the first time and she felt really bad after it. I rode it two more times on that day and I must say, I did regret that, the last ride really lead to pain in the back and a headache. Fortunately all the other rides were great at the small Swedish park.

Posted Image

#25 Geartooth

Geartooth

Coasters and Biking

• 491 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

We need to get you on one of those frog hopper kiddie towers then. :D

Very funny! I could do one of those.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Some of the worst coasters I have been on were (my top five worst)
5 mind eraser elitch gardens
4 boomerang worlds of fun
3 timberwolf worlds of fun
2 mean streak
1 rattler six flags fiesta Texas (before iron horse track)
Some other bad ones I have ridden were corkscrew cedar point and vortex kings island

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#27 Jag56

Jag56

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

My most unfavorite roller coaster had to be Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood. The drop was amazing, but as soon as you hit those inversions, my head felt like it was going to shatter.

#28 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

^Tennessee Tornado wasnt that bad. Just make sure you sit on the inside of Mystery mine. Otherwise you slam your elbow into the side of the car. However, Hurler at Carowinds takes first prize here. Some guy got off and goes,"OH SH-T I DROPPED MY WALLET ON THAT THING!" Self explanitory...

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#29 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Son of Beast and Boss. For the same reasons.

#30 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Any of the million Vekoma boomerang's.

Posted Image

#31 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

^I liked Invertigo.
I hate arrow loopers, especially Demon at SFGA. Everything about them sucks.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#32 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Just realised I don't particularly like drop towers either. The one at Drayton Manor is probably as big as I would go for them and that it was a surprise for me that I went on that. I enjoyed it but I certainly wouldn't go much bigger.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#33 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

The worst wooden coaster I have ever been on was Rolling Thunder, much worse than Mean Streak will ever be. B&M stand ups, togo stand ups are all awful. I haven't been on an slc with original trains, but from my experience Nor'easter is actually pretty good. I have been on many boomerangs and none were bad, Sidewinder at Hershey was very smooth. I also think the Coney Island cyclone is just rough and painful, not being enjoyable in any way.

#34 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

^I liked Invertigo.

...which isn't your standard Vekoma Boomerang. I've ridden loads of ordinary Boomerangs and I'm not really a fan of those, especially not of those backwards parts. Inverted Boomerangs however, are way bigger and newer (meaning they have newer track designing and manufacturing methods). From experience I can tell you that these two different models are not comparable.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#35 ThisIsGabe

ThisIsGabe

Electrical Engineer

• 177 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

Vortex is the worst coaster I've ever ridden, just because it staples you harder and harder as the ride goes on. I made the mistake of sitting in the very back row too...
Mantis is probably my second worst, just because of how it makes my legs turn to mush, and I always worry I'll loose my wallet on it.
Gatekeeper I dislike because of the restraint problems - the ride itself is a fairly boring layout, and having the air crushed out of your lungs ruins it for me.
Maverick and I have an agreement. I love it to pieces and want to take a sledgehammer to it at the same time. Apart from its launch drive contactors (those things were responsible for 60-80% of 2013's downtime), if you ride it with a loose harness, it will take any chance to staple you as revenge.

Cedar Point Ride Ops
2013 - Maverick
2014 - Cedar Downs and Cadillac Cars Supervisor

I'm building a thing! http://www.sscoaster...m-launch-16194/

#36 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

The Vekoma SLC at Canada's Wonderland.

I'm not even going to give it the dignity of calling it by it's name.

#37 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

Ninja at SFOG. Just a waste of metal.

#38 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

^ That was almost going to go on my list, but it's not too bad if you can get your head above the OTSRs.

#39 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

I really do agree with you there. I had a headache for the rest of the day after riding that...

#40 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

I'm with you there. They haven't even considered getting new trains for it.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.