• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Any of the million Vekoma boomerang's.

I totally agree with you. Especially the part when you go backwards is not pleasant at all. Haha, since Six Flags Great Escape we know of each other that we both hate boomerangs. :P

Posted Image

#42 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

...which isn't your standard Vekoma Boomerang. I've ridden loads of ordinary Boomerangs and I'm not really a fan of those, especially not of those backwards parts. Inverted Boomerangs however, are way bigger and newer (meaning they have newer track designing and manufacturing methods). From experience I can tell you that these two different models are not comparable.

The inverted boomerang we did in France was pretty awesome, yes.

Posted Image

#43 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

The Boomerang at Pleasurewood Hills, according to my brother, was pretty good. It was very re rideable in his view. That was a couple of years ago though.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

...which isn't your standard Vekoma Boomerang. I've ridden loads of ordinary Boomerangs and I'm not really a fan of those, especially not of those backwards parts. Inverted Boomerangs however, are way bigger and newer (meaning they have newer track designing and manufacturing methods). From experience I can tell you that these two different models are not comparable.

Totally. I have Invertigo at KI to ride. It's very smooth, especially if you sit toward the middle. The two ends pull crazy g's on the loop, to the point where I don't enjoy it as much.
Overall, I think the inverted boomerangs are tied with the tilt coasters as the best Vekoma's out there. I haven't ever ridden any regular boomerang's, but they seem awful.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#45 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

With the exception of Outlaw Run, I don't know if I really care for RMC woodies. Or perhaps I just don't agree with the whole Iron Horse treatment thing.
Personally, I compare it to having a 70's Camaro, and instead of having it professionally restored, you pay the local redneck to fit it with a supercharged engine, flame decals, and monster truck tires.

Edited by The Stig, 27 March 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#46 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Im bringing my thread back!

I'm not a fan of most wild mouse coasters. They look cool and all, but the always seem to hurt my neck and are just not enough of a thrill to ride sadly.

#47 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

I have the same problem with the Demon at SFGA

#48 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

The absolute worst coaster me have been on is diamond back at frontier city. It's an arrow looper that was part of the interlocking ones at whatever six flags park that it was at. It's has your usually Sid to side head banging, but it has forward and back ward head banging where it throws your head forward and then the head rest slams back into your head. It really sucks, but the only thing keeping me riding it is the insane ejector airtime on the launches. Also boomerang at worlds of fun has to be one of the worst, and throne at elitch gardens isn't that bad actually

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#49 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

Ninja at SFOG. Just a waste of metal.

It's even worse when you can't cram your self into the car because you're so tall, but you ride anyway!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#50 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

Excalibur at Valley Fair- worst designed coaster I've been on, yet still went on it time after time.

http://cache.rcdb.co...cgp00000025.jpg

At the bottom of the drop( where the dirt is dug up on the left) there is a 15 foot straight away. I don't know if they planned to have the coaster go into the earth or not but either way it's very weird

Edited by REXENK, 13 June 2014 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#51 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Mean streak
Cedar Creek Mine Ride
Those two I despise.
Mean Streak is even worse than Son of Beast was!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#52 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

I really enjoy both Mean Streak and Cedar Creek Mine Ride. I have MS in my top ten, and CCMR is just hilarious!
I really don't dislike much, I'll ride everything and enjoy it.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#53 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I don't dislike this ride, nor is it my least favorite, but ever since I rode Manta at Sea World Orlando, I haven't care much to ride Firehawk.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#54 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

My two least favorite rides are Demon at SFGA and Zues at Mount Olympus.
Both rides are painful and boring. Zeus is so full of airtime hills, you think it would have airtime. But no, you stay firmly planted in your seat the entire ride.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#55 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Excalibur at Valley Fair- worst designed coaster I've been on, yet still went on it time after time.

http://cache.rcdb.co...cgp00000025.jpg

At the bottom of the drop( where the dirt is dug up on the left) there is a 15 foot straight away. I don't know if they planned to have the coaster go into the earth or not but either way it's very weird

It used to be an airtime hill. It was taken out either at the same time or right before they added the trims

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#56 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley
Well... the ride is horribly painful... but then again, I'd ride it again. This ride is insane.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#57 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

I recently went to SFGA, and I found out that I dont like Green Lantern. Blood rushes to my ankles and it hurts very, very bad.

#58 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Flying ACE. For a 40 foot ride, it is too rough. :@(6):@(thumbsdown)=/(rebel):|

Edited by Dragon_drake_5012, 24 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#59 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

American Eagle at Great America is rough, and the blue side is boring. The red side is alright.

Also, it's not a roller coaster, but Dive Bomber hurts like hell.

This:

Posted Image

#60 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hah you too. The twisty slide is probably the most painful I have ridden. It really scrapes up your back and at the same time suffocates you with constant water in your face.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick