149 replies to this topic

#101 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

[quote name='Jumpge']It looks absolutely beautiful. Shaping is spot on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='TheZachMan28']Amazing. A mega-lite is the perfect fit for this park, because it is not too big, but packs a serious punch!
The only thing I would consider changing is the crest of the buckle. Mega-lite's buckles are very sharp at the top, where as yours is a tad bit flatter.
Posted Image

Everything else looks great, I love how you painted your RR x-ties. :)[/QUOTE]

You are right, initially I made it quite pointy. However, due to speed issues, I had to make it more flat. Thanks!

[quote name='Gvus2001']Looks amazing! I really like the color theme you've got going there![/QUOTE]

Thank you, I like it as well. ;)

[quote name='Kevkillerke']Nice! It isn't that big, yet it is an impressive ride so far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='coasterkiller05']I really like the scale! Just a perfect hight[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Knexrule11']Wow, those lift supports are spot on! (I remember from when I built Rimpac), that turn support structure looks very solid as well. I can't wait to see what follows![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have used this turn support structure on Blitzkrieg and Timbuktu as well.

[quote name='ZachCreate']I think you're spot-on with the intamin mega-lite except for what Zach said and I don't think that drop is steep enough. Normally intamin mega-lites are about 70 degrees steep. Can't wait to see more. :D[/QUOTE]

Mega-Lite drops are not super steep, but you are right about my drop: it is not steep enough. However, I do not want to go back and change it. Thanks for your constructive criticism!

[quote name='cartracer56']so... beautiful :')[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='soggyhotdoggg']Your lift is steeper than the drop :P but it looks fantastic! I wasn't expecting this at all.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I guess you are right about that. :P

[quote name='cartracer56']Question: are these the final positions of the rides? or will you move them to a different spot in your room when there done?[/QUOTE]

I think this are pretty much the final positions of the rides.

[quote name='Jaykethekid']Looks great, but the only things that need to be changed are making the drop steeper and the buckle sharper.[/QUOTE]

You are right, but I do not want to go back and change it. I am leaving it the way it is. Thanks for your comment!

[quote name='Connector1o1']I think the crest and drop look absolutely fine, I don't think you should change them. I am loving this park! When it opens, I might come and ride a few rides... how much are full day tickets? :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have not yet decided on the price of a full day ticket. What about $30? Helmerpark will not have Flash-passes, because Flash-passes are unfair. Parking is free as well, because charging money for parking while there are no alternative places to park is unfair as well. Helmerpark will also allow competition between different food chains to keep the prices of food low. Sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

Qaisu (which is the name of the Intamin Mega Lite) is done! I finished Helmerpark's main attraction before I could even update it, construction went pretty quick.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#102 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

You're building fast!!!
The coaster looks great, not too long and the spped is great. I think it would look nicer if you ad one more train.
I think a Flat Ride will come next. The park looks very cool so far!!!;)

Edited by Sputnnik, 22 May 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#103 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

3 out of 4 coaster are built yet, 1 more to go :D
I'm guessing an inverted or a looper.

Looks very cool so far and that's a nice main coaster!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#104 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

I absolutely love it!
Your abundance of of 12v motors just dawned upon me! You have a ton!

Posted Image

#105 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

That is beautiful. Perfect pacing through each element.
If a flat ride is coming next, are you thinking drop tower, or Windseeker type ride? :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#106 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

^for some yreason i bet none of the above Zach i bet something no one is going to guess comes next Quisu looks great!

#107 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

This is an amazing custom mega lite, it fits perfect in the park. I agree it would look better with two trains because it's the main attraction, but I also like how the brakes work to make it go slow through the station. The colors of this are really cool, it would be to boring to have every coaster the same color. I can't wait to see what's next!

#108 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

Completely stunning!!! The colors are amazing, and the speed and flow are great.
I like your Ideas for prices at Helmerpark. Also, will you be doing park themeing (ex. making stores, restraunts, and paths) ?

#109 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:19 AM

I wonder if you still recognize the difference between the real black cross ties and the painted ones ;).

Posted Image

#110 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

I really love the black x tie blue tubing combo. Looks great!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#111 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

The speed is what I like the most about this coaster. Ofcourse it looks great aswell, with the alternative colourscheme.

#112 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

You're building fast!!!
The coaster looks great, not too long and the spped is great. I think it would look nicer if you ad one more train.
I think a Flat Ride will come next. The park looks very cool so far!!!;)

Thanks, you are right about the flat ride.

3 out of 4 coaster are built yet, 1 more to go :D
I'm guessing an inverted or a looper.

Looks very cool so far and that's a nice main coaster!

Thank you!

I absolutely love it!
Your abundance of of 12v motors just dawned upon me! You have a ton!

Thanks! I think I have nine of them. :P

That is beautiful. Perfect pacing through each element.
If a flat ride is coming next, are you thinking drop tower, or Windseeker type ride? :)

Well, check this update and you'll see... ;)

^for some yreason i bet none of the above Zach i bet something no one is going to guess comes next Quisu looks great!

Thanks!

This is an amazing custom mega lite, it fits perfect in the park. I agree it would look better with two trains because it's the main attraction, but I also like how the brakes work to make it go slow through the station. The colors of this are really cool, it would be to boring to have every coaster the same color. I can't wait to see what's next!

I do not have enough middle cars for two trains. I agree about the looks of the colour scheme, thanks!

Completely stunning!!! The colors are amazing, and the speed and flow are great.
I like your Ideas for prices at Helmerpark. Also, will you be doing park themeing (ex. making stores, restraunts, and paths) ?

Thanks! Yes, once I finished all the attractions I will add paths, trees, entrance, etc.

I wonder if you still recognize the difference between the real black cross ties and the painted ones ;).

I have to look carefully, but I will be able to see the difference.

I really love the black x tie blue tubing combo. Looks great!

Thanks!

The speed is what I like the most about this coaster. Ofcourse it looks great aswell, with the alternative colourscheme.

Thanks Bart!

I started building on the second flat ride of Helmerpark: a swing ride, inspired mostly by a Star Flyer. I already managed to let the seats rotate around the tower. The coach will also move up and down the tower, thanks to a mechanism I designed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#113 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

That looks huge compaired to the other rides.
But it looks like an awesome design!

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#114 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

I was right! (lol)
Looks awesome. You built it so huge also to keep proportions to the other rides, right?

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#115 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Isn't that the point? ;)

Everything looks great, Helmur! Absolutely wonderful!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#116 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

But it looks like an awesome design!

Thanks! It is supposed to be that tall.

I was right! (lol)
Looks awesome. You built it so huge also to keep proportions to the other rides, right?

You were right! Thanks. Yes, one thing that is very important during the construction of the various attractions of Helmerpark is to keep the right proportions between the heights of different attractions and coasters.

Isn't that the point? ;)

Everything looks great, Helmur! Absolutely wonderful!

Thank you!

Star Flyer is finished. I have automated the ride mechanically.

Entrance and exit
Posted Image

The operation boot
Posted Image

The switch
Posted Image

The gears which slow down the 12V motor.
Posted Image

The winch
Posted Image

The pieces I added are there to avoid the rope from being caught up by the wheels.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some shots of the ride
Posted Image
Posted Image

An overview
Posted Image

A video

Posted Image

#117 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Amazing! Looks really good with some nice details :)
That switch looks cool to. Can you explain how it works? If you don't mind.

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#118 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

This ride is so simple, yet so complex. I love it.
Is there any way to get the chairs the swing outward more? I know that would be quite difficult. It is awesome either way.

Posted Image

#119 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Wow great automation. I'm blown away by how simple that design is, yet how effective it can be. Although it doesn't got the full tower length, it's great that you developed a mechanism that allows for the effect of the ride to be portrayed.

Posted Image

#120 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

I like it :). I should get my hands on my stair flyer sooner or later, I just need my Arduino back... ;)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helmerpark, helmut, knex amusementpark