Cobalt Construction Channel

tags

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What track route should I do

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What track route should I do

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

I would put a few more connections from the loop frame to the loop, but other than that it looks great.

I did, it helps make the support look less awkward
:)

The shape of the loop is quite good. The spine looks strange, though. It would look better if the spine followed the shape of the loop for longer. Also, the placement of the gear makes it look like there's a sharp spot in the crest, when it's really just a x-tie gap. The shaping of the drop is great.

If I have time I will go and change the loop support..I have made some better prototypes that might work..I'll see what I can do with the gear crest thingy as well..thanks!

Looks very nice! I think it looks weird because the track is far away from the support and if you made the support more the shape of the loop it would look a lot better just as Mr. Mackey said. Does it make it through the loop? Guessing a turnaround is next?

Yes I know..I was planning on using three trains of three on this roller coaster, but they don't make it through..four cars will make it though..do you think I should use two trains of four, or three trains of three..my cars aren't lubed or weighted..both of those options are available too..

..hmm..wd40 might do the trick

Only joking about the wd40. :) thanks for the input!

The loop looks nice but the spine is strange as it is quite far from the track, otherwise this is really good so far! :D

Thanks..I might decorate it so it looks like the loop is weaving through an already made structure...key word...might :) thanks!

As everyone said, the spine is a little far from the track other than the top. Try to make it hug the track for the upper half of the loop if you can:) This is turning out really well, and your shaping is great!

Thank you very much! I appreciate it..thanks for the advice.

And for everyone complementing on the smoothness...

Camera angles:)

Time to build

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#22 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Yes timonater, you guessed it Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

I was going to do a over banked turn..but I didn't have enough room so I decided to go with an immlemen..(slightly changed). I am not to pleased with it as I think it looks sorta clobbed together..oh well..what should I do next?

I'm thinking a corkscrew then a 180 degree turn..then a hill or zero g roll...then a helix..

But that's kinda bland

Edited by REXENK, 29 June 2014 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#23 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

I have finished the coaster and the final video will be up soon:)

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#24 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Wow, you build fast! I cant wait to see the final video!

How do you build a coaster?

#25 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

This is unique. It's almost like a Schwarzkopf, but it's not... I like it! :)

Posted Image

#26 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Ok so I'm having troubles with the final video(anybody know a good platform to make them on?)
Do you guys want to see a pic of the coaster?

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#27 Terry Hughes

Terry Hughes

Knex Coaster Noob

• 147 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Looking forward to seeing the video!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5: Gatekeeper | Millennium Force | Magnum XL-200 | Excalibur | High Roller

WIP: Spongebob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge - VV recreation

#28 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I think I am going to try and attempt some flat rides, and doing so, making my ping pong table into a mini theme park featuring an over sized looper that takes up half thempark(Cobalt)

Here's a pic of Cobalt:)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#29 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Woah that coaster is great!! I have always wanted to make a themepark out of knex. I have only made terrible funfairs

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#30 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

I love the "Roll over" element and the helix at the end. It's very compact
Though I think the pullout of the drop needs a little work. I really like this coaster so far !!!

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#31 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Whoa! This is really cool! I love the butterfly type loop, very nice shaping!

#32 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thanks to Jayke and Muzz!!

So, my first woodie is under construction.(I have a strange urge to use up the rest of my crossties:) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, might be kinda hard to see what's going on..

Posted Image

HELP: should I put diagnals on the curving part of the supports, or would it be harmful??

For the poll, I am running out of metallic blue rods, so it would be hard to the purple route, do you guys think it would look good if I switched the light blue to dark blue?
Yannick, your right, the bottom of the drop must have deformed when I was testing it before I fully supported it, I didn't even notice because I rushed to much. Thanks a ton for pointing that out!

Thanks, sorry, still no video on Cobalt

Edited by REXENK, 29 July 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#33 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

You should really make a new thread for a new coaster, but I think that the black route looks the most interesting.

#34 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yes. Please start a new thread unless this "channel" is going to be your amusement park thread. Anyways, go with the black route. I like it! This will be a very cool amusement park!

In pieces logo thing

#35 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

I think black with an Apocalypse @ SFMM drop. (dip-turn-drop) links! :D

http://www.thecoaste...ocalypse_06.jpg
http://www.themepark...or_media_18.jpg

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#36 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

I think a mixture of both would be interesting:)

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#37 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I also think you should spray paint your cars the color of your choice! Because every great coaster needs a cool paint job for the trains!

In pieces logo thing

#38 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

I've put diagonal's on the coaster where it runs before, no harm. You should definitely only use the metallic blue rods if you can. Also you can order from K'nex.com the pieces you need, and register for the contest, if you have aren't the right age, sign up a younger sibling or you could find someone else who could, because until August 29th, you'll get 25% off your purchases. (It might only be a single purchase IDK.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tags