selling knex pounds

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hello all! I am going to attempt to recreate Wild Thing at Valley Fair. I have changed the lift to be more euro fighter is(to save pieces) and I added a loop because I thought it would be cool.. Otherwise it's going to be identical to the wild thing.

Posted Image

Notice it even has green track... I'm trying to be as realistic as possible.

I might add another lift to make the coaster even longer..anybody else think I should???

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#2 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Why not make your own coaster and use Wild Thing as inspiration?

#3 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Yea exactly what stig said(I know what you are doing rexenk) lol

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#4 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Um... Technically it wouldn't be Wild Thing, why not name it something like Crazy Thing? People will get that you used Wild Thing as inspiration, but know that this is your own twist on the ride.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#5 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Why not make your own coaster and use Wild Thing as inspiration?

Yea exactly what stig said(I know what you are doing rexenk) lol

Now for the whole story...

So My little cousin came over and we had a fun day at Valley fair(cedar fair) and he went on the wild thing for the first time and he absolutely loved it..(must of been the airtime hill;) ) when we got back to my house he saw my current coaster project and he was immediatly thrilled. He wanted to build a roller coaster. No, he wanted to build the wild thing..

Soo I whipped out the micro knex and we started building and about five minutes in, he said he wanted the lift to go straight up. I told him it wouldn't be like Wild thing but he didn't care..the same thing happened for the loop..

Sooo we had part of a coaster built and I told him that it was an Awsome coaster but it didn't really look like wild thing.....his response: wild thing!!

Soooo now I have have a coaster that must be named wild thing but won't look like it at all..except the green track;) yes stig, this is a coaster inspired by the wild thing..but keep that between you and me;).. And Jayke,, what's with the 490 posts message?? :)

Sooooo, now that this thread is started, I might as well use it as a construction thread for a real Wild Thing recreation..

Posted Image

Soooooo I think I will use on green box for every green box on the actual coaster..it'll be big, but easy to color code..thanks and sorry for the bad English

Sorry ionzer0 ....we posted at the same time..but it took me ten minutes..

Soooooooo yea

Edited by REXENK, 26 June 2014 - 01:12 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#6 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

-realistic a possible
-eurofigher lift and loop

A recreation means you copy the layout exactly, meaning no elements are added, removed, or altered dramatically. Sometimes elements are modified slightly, height or size, just do to technical limitations. Once you change/add an element, it no longer becomes a recreation. Building something inspired by a real coaster is completely fine, however a eurofighter is completely different from a D. H. Morgan hypercoaster. Also, hypercoasters do not have inversions, which is the key definition of a hyper coaster. So adding the loop changes the type of coaster you are building entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for combining styles, as long as you don't claim it to be something it's not. Recreation is not a fluid term. Also, that is not enough height to complete Wild Thing. Sorry for the harshness, I just wanted to clear up all confusion.

Edit: Sorry, we typed out our responses at the same time. What you said before is clearer.

Edited by DDRman732865, 26 June 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#7 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

-realistic a possible
-eurofigher lift and loop

A recreation means you copy the layout exactly, meaning no elements are added, removed, or altered dramatically. Sometimes elements are modified slightly, height or size, just do to technical limitations. Once you change/add an element, it no longer becomes a recreation. Building something inspired by a real coaster is completely fine, however a eurofighter is completely different from a D. H. Morgan hypercoaster. Also, hypercoasters do not have inversions, which is the key definition of a hyper coaster. So adding the loop changes the type of coaster you are building entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for combining styles, as long as you don't claim it to be something it's not. Recreation is not a fluid term. Also, that is not enough height to complete Wild Thing. Sorry for the harshness, I just wanted to clear up all confusion.

I am very sorry, but I will see if I can explain that to my cousin;)

Again, my apologies for the first post

What's the new profile picture?
Something with dragon force?

Edited by REXENK, 26 June 2014 - 01:22 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#8 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

My 490 post message is so I can know if I have that many posts, because sometimes I don't know when I get so and so many posts.mi just want to do something funny for my 500th post

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#9 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

That was my bad. I assume your cousin is younger, and not too familiar with technical terms. It seems that you understand. Don't worry about it.

And my profile picture is a Majora's Mask reference. One of Link's forms is a Zora who plays the guitar, and you play the guitar with the C and A buttons. It's a bit of an obscure reference.

#10 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

That's hilarious. He can call his coaster Wild Thing, but it wouldn't be right to call it a recreation.
On the plus side, it's not a bad start.

#11 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Okay, so since cobalt is finished, I am going to start on my actual recreation of wild thing. I went to VF the other day to take some more pictures and I have also been using google maps. Here is my first rough draft of what i am planning. Each box is green by green, or red by red, or tan by tan, hehe..
Posted Image

I am planing on making the support styles identical, except for the tubes, which I might have to divide by two.
The base is going to be blue rods, which will allow for a green rod base to be easily attached. My only question is, what should the verticals be on the blue base.

Like should I go for a full blue by blue, like on cobalt, or blue by white, or even just have it be one layer of blue(flat)
Thanks..I'll post pics if anyone is confused.
I will need your help on this coaster!!
Again, the English language has failed me, I need to use a second person plural pronoun in the above sentence, but sadly their is no such special word:) thanks

Edited by REXENK, 09 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#12 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Edit: I need to buy some graph paper so I can actually start to plan the coaster for real.

What just happened?

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selling knex pounds