• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Update time!

I built the second hill. It is 1 red rod shorter than the last one. There are no major problems with the hill itself, the current problems are with parts and the pullout. I wouldn't say I'm out of parts, I have about ⅓ of them left. But don't worry, there's no way in hell I'm going to cancel this, I already have more parts on the way. Now, problem #2. This may be a first, but I think the pullout is too large. What do you guys think? Shortening it would help to lessen speed and part loss. Is it worth the effort?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#42 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Whoa man, this thing is looking great. I personally like the large pullout, but I don't know if it is similar to the actual.coaster,

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#43 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

I agree on making the pullout quite a bit tighter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#44 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

yeah it needs to be a tad tighter

#45 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

It looks good, but it is way to large. That seems more elongated than patriot :P

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#46 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

As others have said, make it a little bit tighter, maybe one or two red rods.

#47 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Try mirroring the top half of the pullout on the 2nd air hill to the first, that should fix it for you.

#48 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

This is brilliant - size wise, I'm not sure how accurate it is but shaping is perfect! Can't wait to see this set up!

#49 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Wow this coaster is beautiful ugh I missed so much of this so far can't wait to see this completed!

#50 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

A few of my friends came over today and we set Colossos up for a test run. Since the last update I fixed that one pullout, and built the next two hills. They are not quite done yet. I will get some more pictures of them later. On to the setup... It wasn't that difficult to transport it, we only had to carry the chunks 20 feet. The worst part was probably the tubing, it was just plain annoying to do, and it will only get worse. Overall this coaster is 5 ½ feet tall, 35 feet long and probably about 10-15 feet wide. Speed retention is good, the only place it shakes a lot is the turn around. Now, you guys are probably all here for the pictures and video:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

#51 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

It flies over those hills! This is amazing KB! Everything seems fine right now, can't seem to see anything wrong besides the shaking on the turnaround. I figure that you will be fixing that soon?

#52 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

That is very, very good! It has great speed and as Tim said it flies over the hills! Oh and I liked the long train test! ;)

#53 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

I had no idea it would be that massive when put all together! The train goes over the hills with ease, so you shouldn't have a problem finishing the ride. Not to mention, "Bass solo, take one."

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#54 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

The pacing is very realistic for an Intamin wooden coaster. Great work!

Posted Image

#55 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Holy crap that is big... And beautiful...

#56 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

I flinched at that last clip. Be careful that your front car doesn't break on the pavement.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#57 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Love it so far ya u kept adding more trains to it I see lol. Maybe the turnaround is a little to high idk.

#58 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

It flies over those hills! This is amazing KB! Everything seems fine right now, can't seem to see anything wrong besides the shaking on the turnaround. I figure that you will be fixing that soon?

I'm not sure, it will depend on the amount of parts I have left over.

That is very, very good! It has great speed and as Tim said it flies over the hills! Oh and I liked the long train test! ;)

Thanks!

I had no idea it would be that massive when put all together! The train goes over the hills with ease, so you shouldn't have a problem finishing the ride. Not to mention, "Bass solo, take one."

I didn't think it would be that large either.

The pacing is very realistic for an Intamin wooden coaster. Great work!

Yeah, I hope it isn't too fast.

Holy crap that is big... And beautiful...

Yep.

I flinched at that last clip. Be careful that your front car doesn't break on the pavement.

The train broke the x-tie that was meant to stop it.

Love it so far ya u kept adding more trains to it I see lol. Maybe the turnaround is a little to high idk.

Thanks!

I got a little bit more work done with the help of yet another new SS. I am now fairly sure I will have the parts to finish this coaster, though I will have to use exchange red rods for the metallic green ones. There are a few minor dips in the track that will be eliminated later. The crest on the last hill looks a little funky to me. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

#59 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Everything about this ride is fantastic, and it looks like you're doing good on speed. Can't wait to see it finished.

About the last hill, it looks like the radius of the second half of the crest is smaller than the first half. Perhaps it should be more drawn out, in this pic it looks like the two hills "intersect" closer to the crest of the taller one while yours intersect closer to the bottom.

Spoiler

Edited by Old_Hag, 12 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#60 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

I feel that if you make the pullout larger (between the turning drop and the last hill) and make the Hill's radius more uniform, then it will look spot on. Another thing you may want to consider is using gray rods on the bottom half of the turning drop. It'll save speed much more :)

Really, though. This looks sick.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2014, helix, liseberg, projekt