29 replies to this topic

#21 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

best coster aver 11/10 sters goven

Thanks dude.

It's definitely unique I have to say. But it also looks awesome at the same time. And the fact it's also finished means there's no chance of cancellation which is great. I can't wait to see what it looks like now.

IK lol thanks I try to make it unique to my own liking :)

Wow this thing is a monster! I like the unique layout of this :P

Same it'll get better trust me!

Your element choice and execution of each element is very impressive. I really like looking at your building style.

Thank you I like how I used the zero g through the lift too, it was different than most mega lites ya know.

Mental note: Remember this for next year's SSC Awards.

I like it. I never knew it was possible to go over-kill on the track to support connections.

Haha it's just a habit I have I like to conserve all my speed if possible and will reduce the track shaking and warping overtime easlily.

It is fantastic how you built a zero G roll there instead of a regular airhill. A little less track-to-base connections would be sufficient, but as long as you have the pieces to build them there is no need to get rid of some of them.

IK I'll try to relax off it. I have enough pieces to do it, even though it only takes about 30 extra minutes to do per section. About 3 connectors per rod throughout the layout.

TTS-Connections are just crazy but it gives the ride your own style. the layout really cool!

I like it too thanks.

Dem connections...
Looks very good, I love how unique it is!

Same thank u!

Thanks for all the great comments guys I appreciate it! Well I just want to finish this coaster finally so I can update my newest coaster which I just started which will be better than my mega-lite. I decided to called the coaster rampage btw, incase anyone wanted to know, I think the name fits this coaster and the layout nicely. Well I was going to do a horseshoe roll after the hill but I had space issue with the coach ugh, so I did the best I could and it kind of looks like a batwing stretch out in the back in a way. Then a stengal dive and a turn into some bunny hills into the inclined brake run! So here was the final pictures and final video shot before I showed the coaster off at an engineering expo in St. Pete! I always show of all my coasters throughout Florida, it's fun and I even started my own k'nex coaster club :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
At the engineering expo!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
There's me next to Rampage!
Posted Image

The final video!!

Please Comment!!

#22 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

10/10 great job!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#23 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

This is a really nice coaster! Very well built, with insane track to support connections :P

#24 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

I LOVE IT!!

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#25 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Unique. Perfectly built. Great final video. What more could you ask for?

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#26 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

This coaster has a unique lay-out. Especially the first inversion is fantastic. The only thing I do not like is how the train flies over the small hills just before the brake run. Also, what is that piece of chain doing on top of one of the hills? Is that to slow the train down? Despite some minor shaping flaws, the overall look of this coaster is great. The way you supported this coaster is impressive, although you can start using less track-to-base-connections in the future.

Posted Image

#27 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

This is so sick, and i like your style so much! U use much supports, well done man.

Posted Image

#28 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

Wow this looks amazing dude! Only thing to comment on would be those small hills Helmer talked about. Great job!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#29 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Also, what is that piece of chain doing on top of one of the hills? Is that to slow the train down? The way you supported this coaster is impressive, although you can start using less track-to-base-connections in the future.

TRIMZ BROTHA! That's the kind of stuff I love about roller coasters. No not the effect of trims, but the little technical things that complete the ride. Chains, Brakes, Station gates, DROP TOWERZ FLOORS!!! Both in miniature and real life btw!

About the track-2-support connections. I doubt there is such a thing as "too much", that is, limited to where you can't properly shape the track anymore. In the end the stiffer the track the less speed-loss you experience. But we can't forget the discussion about it having to be appealing to the eye. The box supports used here help camouflage the many connections so it's not a weird choice to fit so many in. In the end the result is there, the track is crazy long for the height of the lift.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

That coaster is really pretty. I assume the layout coulde have been even longer looking at the amount of speed you had left. I'm looking forward to your next coaster :).

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rampage, ioageek, 2014, inversions, hills, mega lite