Dive Coaster: Demandosigno (COMPLETE CIRCUIT)

six flags six flags magic mountain theme parks

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Just a quick verbal update. I have some bad speed loss, I think because the turn is at the wrong place (I lost a heigh of 3 granite rods since the Immelmann). I think I change the layout a bit: I make an upward turn around the tower of the lift hill into a MCBR. The high speed turn I have now will be put anywhere else:)

What do you think about changing the layout?

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#22 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

Hello Everybody:) After I arrived from my vacation yesterday I decided to change the layout and will put the high speed turn somewhere else. I started the upward helix.
Is the transition into it good and does it need more banking?What do you think?

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please comment!:)

Posted Image

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#23 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I think it looks good so far. Naturally, you would lose speed quick since only 1 car doesn't weigh that much. I like what you have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#24 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Shaping and banking looks good to me, I would just beef up the supports in the turn and transition between the elements.

#25 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

I think it looks good so far. Naturally, you would lose speed quick since only 1 car doesn't weigh that much. I like what you have.

I knew that I will lose speed quick with that but I try it.Thanks

Shaping and banking looks good to me, I would just beef up the supports in the turn and transition between the elements.

Thank you! I first care about shaping and then I will add more track to support connections

For now just a video:)

;)

Edited by Sputnnik, 19 August 2014 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

The speed through that overbanked turn is great. Maybe you can raise it a bit higher. Other than that, this is quite nice so far.

#27 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

The speed through that overbanked turn is great. Maybe you can raise it a bit higher. Other than that, this is quite nice so far.

I raised it a little bit, the speed doesn't look as great before but it's ok. Thank you!

I nearly finished the next element. I just have to add more supports. This is sort of an overbanked turn.

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: I already can see a bump on the top-left of the turn, or am I wrong?
Posted Image

Do you have any suggestion, because I think it could be better:)

Edited by Sputnnik, 27 August 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

#28 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'm curious to know, what method do you use for adding new track?

I like the shape of the helix and the way it spirals around the support for the lift. But I noticed a couple things about the track itself. First, it looks like both flexi-rods in the track are ending about the same spot. That's typically the reason for sharp spots. Try to layer them so that one flexi ends around the middle of the other one. A lot of builders use 3 flexi-rods by putting another one in the middle connection (not the center hole, but the clip on the bottom of the X-tie), and that helps avoid sharp spots. Also, there's some areas where the flexi-rod isn't snapped into the X-tie all the way.

#29 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

I'm curious to know, what method do you use for adding new track?

I like the shape of the helix and the way it spirals around the support for the lift. But I noticed a couple things about the track itself. First, it looks like both flexi-rods in the track are ending about the same spot. That's typically the reason for sharp spots. Try to layer them so that one flexi ends around the middle of the other one. A lot of builders use 3 flexi-rods by putting another one in the middle connection (not the center hole, but the clip on the bottom of the X-tie), and that helps avoid sharp spots. Also, there's some areas where the flexi-rod isn't snapped into the X-tie all the way.

Thank you for your helpful advice Ryan!
I explain you how I add new track with this picture:

Posted Image
I first add new flexies and connect it to a crosstie. Then I build the base, and put some crossties on the flexis. After that I put on the Track-to-Support connections. Finished:)

Now come to the real update.
I had a cool idea and added anothe overbanked turn so it looks like an 8:

Posted Image

Does it look good?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Overview:

Posted Image

Comment;)

Edited by Sputnnik, 30 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Looks cool! How much speed does it have when it comes out? If you use a spine or other track strengthener, you should use it fore more than 6 inches.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#31 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Looks cool! How much speed does it have when it comes out? If you use a spine or other track strengthener, you should use it fore more than 6 inches.

So much speed that it pass the small hill at the end with little speed

WE HAVE A COMPLETE CIRCUIT!!!

I added a small hill which leads into a brake run, into the station. Today I decided to enter it to the summer heat contest and I had to raise everting one yellow rod. I built the whole day on the coaster and now my back is hurting.I'm very proud of my coaster and my parents say that it is the best coaster I made:)

PICTURE TIME!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BRAKE RUN

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT:
What do think of this logo? I choose this because my coaster looks like an 8 too.

Posted Image

Comment and tell me what you think of this coaster;)

Edited by Sputnnik, 31 August 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

Looks sweet man! I like the figure 8 overbanks.
You can't enter this in Summer Heat though, it has inversions and Hypers O' Plenty does not allow Inversions.

#33 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

^Noooooooooo, I forgot about this!:'( I put so much work on it to finish it before the deadline and get the three trains work. I'm sad now

Is it good nonetheless?

Edited by Sputnnik, 31 August 2014 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

I love how small and compact it is. You sir have a very picturesque dive coaster.

#35 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Looks great! Also you would need four block sections, and you have only two. But regardless it is good.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#36 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:03 AM

^I think I have four: A station, a brake run, a lift and the actual coaster part

Posted Image

#37 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

That would be three, unless I'm mistaken. I don't think the track counts as a block. I could be wrong though. But think back to RCT2, If you played it. If you have three block sections, such as a station, lift and MCBR you could only run two trains. This needs the capability of three. Medusa in one of the parks had three trains, but it had a station, lift, MCBR, and final block brakes before the station. Four sets and three trains.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: six flags, six flags magic mountain, theme parks