RollerCoaster Tycoon World Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

Lets just hope they actually have realistic supports too... its time for a change. I actually am very surprised with that, now iif the in game coaster looks like this angel, I will be very pleased.

Signature not available 

#42 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

Eeew, is that a circular center beam I see? And it looks like Matt didn't take your advice on the x-ties, Stig. The tops still look curved.

This game gets my hopes up, and then drops them, then does it again. I honestly have no clue what to expect. Are the people in charge taking our advice? And who exactly is in charge now? All I know is Area51 dropped out then somebody else came in. Are they still there?

Also, Stig, has there been a push for an undo button for accidentally doing something? I need that.

Edited by IonZer0, 02 June 2015 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#43 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Are the people in charge taking our advice? And who exactly is in charge now? All I know is Area51 dropped out then somebody else came in. Are they still there?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nobody has any idea

#44 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

So it looks like station platforms will have control stations now.
https://forum.roller...ull=1#post19555

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

I have a theory, is it possible that the game developers finished the game and released the trailer for it, but since they saw how much it failed, that they decided to go back and try again? I am not so saavy when it comes to the gaming world, but I thought maybe they had decided since the trailer was a flop that they should redo the game. To me it seemed that they had full intentions on releasing a game that looked like the trailer, but saw the comments about it. Then again maybe it's just a step in developing a game. Any thoughts?

The control panel looks okay I guess, nothing too exciting about that. It's a nice touch though. I really think they should add station platforms with deviding que lines for each car on the train. It would be cool for peeps to wait in line separate at the station. If they could figure that out somehow AND make it possible to build your own station with the building bricks than I would be very impressed. But then again, I don't know much about computers.

Signature not available 

#46 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

Well the official story is something like: Pipeworks left the project. Area52 was hired to do core engine development. They released the gameplay trailer to show that progress was being made on the game. The release date was extended to be sure to include all the new and exciting features to make this "the best game possible". Core engine work is done, so Area52 left. A new mystery developer is hired. And now we're getting small updates like, every week.

It's been a long and winding road, and I still can't say I'm 100% "sold". But I'm slowly getting back up there.

#47 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

As i saw someone say on their forum, not a huge fan of the massive traffic light deal goin' on there.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#48 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

New screenshot today.

Posted Image

#49 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

That looks pretty decent. It looks a little bleached out to me though, I wonder if it has anything to do with the settings.

Signature not available 

#50 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

Oh my, the AA on the benches is horrible.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

Would we be able to place trees inside of flower beds? That's something that RCT3 desperately needed to do without the use of custom objects.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#52 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

Speaking of which, it would be great to have a custom scenery library built into the game. Back when I played RCT3, I was really into custom scenery, but it was a very involved process to find good CS and import the files into the game. A built-in CS library would be so much easier and would make the game a lot more customizable and realistic. Probably just wishful thinking though.

#53 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

https://forum.roller...duction-Blog-12
Alright. Probably the best screenshot yet.

Posted Image

I'm feeling pretty good about this again.
Oh yeah. And the new developer is Nvizzio. These guys: Nvizzio

#54 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

looks great! Wait... Look at the front car. Its missing a set of wheels to keep it on the track... Oopsie...

#55 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

Hah! No zero-car. Also the track looks quite disappointing... I hope that's because the forming features aren't fully there yet,

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

This, this is the game I am looking for. But is this an actual in game screenshot or is it something else to trick us?
I'm confused. But whatever this is looks beautiful besides the obvious wheel flaw.

Signature not available 

#57 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

Oh my gosh can they please stop putting that ugly stop light thing at the front of the station... PLEASE

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#58 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

https://forum.roller...duction-Blog-14

Blog 14 is a little different. It was written mostly by a guy named Steph. Steph works with the art team, and he gives us a good description of the whole ride making process.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Oh wow. I wonder how placement will work in this game. Like; do you have to put it on a pathway? etc.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#60 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

Carnival Tycoon World. Again, waaaaay off dev team! I've given up hope now.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image