Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

So here is the old drop:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Took too many pieces, so I made a new drop:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I then increased the pullout, and added a loop (For some reason it looks lopsided in the video, it really isn't)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLbNTIj9XI4&feature=youtu.be

And finally, here's a cute little basketball hoop I made:

Posted Image

I'll get more updated pictures of everything tomorrow or something.

Edit: The trains need to be lubed, so it will make it faster in the future. ;)

Enjoy!

Edited by -=Zach=-, 07 December 2014 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#2 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

1. The coaster looks great so far! No complaints.

2. Great basketball net!

3. Can I have your pet bird (or parrot or budgie)?

I have nothing else to say. Please continue! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#3 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

I like the old drop better. :( Oh well. Lube will help a lot. Also there is a massive straight spot in the drop (see pic #4) although it could just be the angle.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

I'm undecided on whether I like the drop or not. It starts banking a lot later than Raptor, but compared to Phaethon it's not too bad. It's awesome to see someone building a box-supported invert! I haven't seen one of those in what seems like forever.

#5 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Your bird seemed pretty unhappy. I love the look of it though.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

I had the same lopsided effect when I built Ace but after much checking, it seemed everything was normal. I too haven't seen one of these in a while so it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#7 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

Shaping looks great. Haven't seen and SS invert in a while.

#8 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

Looks awesome, I'm taking your bird...
Make it twisty!

#9 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:23 AM

This looks great so far! The second drop is even good as the first one, i like the loop to, well done.

Posted Image

#10 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

The general shaping of the drop is good. However, I feel like someting is wrong with the banking. If you take a look at this picture of Black Mamba, you can see that it starts banking really quickly, and then it unbanks again.
Posted Image
B&M pre-drops have pretty extreme banking in the beginning of the drop. I am sure that you can find some other good reference pictures yourself as well. The banking on a drop is different for every generation of B&M inverts. Like Steelspectrum said, compared to Phaethon, your drop does not look bad. The maximum banking is reached a lot earlier on Black Mamba's drop (due to the extreme pre-drop) than on Phaethons drop (thanks to the gradual banking of the drop). However, I still think that Phaethons drop has more banking than your drop.

Is this your first inverted coaster? I always find them fun to build every now and then. Others are right that we have not seen an inverted SS coaster for a while.

+1 For the basketball hoop.

Edited by Helmut, 08 December 2014 - 10:53 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

I agree with what Helmut said, the banking looks like it could be fixed a little. But I love the loop, it looks really good. I also heard a rumor that Graham is going to steal your bird...

#12 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

d-do my eyes decieve me? no they dont! Zach is building with boxes again!!! im sure your tubes arent happy...

that aside looks great and if you do that ^^ said i dont see how this isnt going to come out perfect

#13 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Looks good so far! Keep it up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#14 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

I see a VV coaster.............

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#15 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

More on the banking debate:
If you look at Phaethon's drop: http://cache.rcdb.co...c000049u5of.jpg you'll see that the unbanking transition and the pullout is one, smooth motion.

Now take a look at Raptor's drop. More specifically, look at it from this angle: http://4.bp.blogspot...00/IMG_1246.JPG you'll see that the unbanking transition happens much quicker because it is immediately followed by a dive. The reason behind this, as Steelspectrum pointed out, is because Raptor was designed in the early 90s, when 3D computer modeling looked like this: http://youtu.be/FnhMDoU_ZCs?t=3m15s

But like Helmut said, shape looks great. Banking could be smoother.

Edited by The Stig, 08 December 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flux, invert, thezachman28