motomoto123

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hey im wondering how much would a 5 car coaster train go on ebay

#2 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

I WOULD BUY THAT FOR YOU. It would sell for around $50.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#3 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

^Ok first of all, you need to tell us if it is a five car VV (Micro) or SS (Screamin' Serpent) style of train. Second, $50 would be way too overpriced. For about $40, I got an SS plus a second train. I think it is more reasonable to sell in the low $20s, so I would aim for the low $30s. Always shoot lower, as the bidding can increase and people will be turned away from bidding because it is too much. The pricing of course I've stated is for SS, I don't know the going rate of VV trains.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#4 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

If it is VV it is helpful to know that brand new VV cars can be bought straight from knex for about $4 each.

#5 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

I bought 3 cars (SS style) on eBay recently for $20. It included 6 people. Luckily, there was no decals, and it was the only listing with no decals on the cars. I am going to change the colors. I took the middle to add onto the Thunderbolt Strike since it insanely had only two cars. Now I noticed 3 cars function much better and faster (heavier + gravity) on Thunderbolt Strike. Then the two new cars on Shark Run. It makes no sense to have a guy on surfboard on a roller coaster. At least a year later, I will get more cars for the Shark Run when I give it an upgrade expansion (it be a water coaster, which means the bottom will have water with a male Betta). $50 is overpriced for 5 cars. I consider mine a great deal at $20 for 3 since it was what I was looking for (no decals since there isn't many colors available for the cars so I can repaint easily) and the 6 extra riders.

~ When building a K'NEX hobby, you must attempt to ~
~ build at least one model copying a real roller coaster. ~

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coasterman345, coney island, cyclone, recreation, roller coaster