b&m b&m floorless custom car floorless summer

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

Your transitions are all a little to sharp, especially around the loop. Its not a huge deal but I would change it to save as much speed as possible, maybe add some grey rods to help make more gradual transitions between the elements, at least for the beginning of the ride. Otherwise, this looks nice.

#22 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

I think you can maybe get rid of the straight spot after the loop by tieing in the two pullin and pullout. Kinda like so
Posted Image
Anyways, you germans are always so great at knex. Awesome work!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#23 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:35 AM

Your pullout/pullins are quite small and the loop should be a little less round and more tear shaped (if you fix the loop it will fix your straight spot).
Other than that I'm loving this ride so far! Your lift looks the part and seems like it's quite strong, and I'm sure this coaster will look even more fantastic when the new train is on! :)

#24 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

You've nailed the tube supports. They look beautiful and perfectly placed. Carry on sir.

#25 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

Everything is shaped really good. It's proportional.

#26 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

This is beautiful. I'm speechless.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#27 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

Your transitions are all a little to sharp, especially around the loop. Its not a huge deal but I would change it to save as much speed as possible, maybe add some grey rods to help make more gradual transitions between the elements, at least for the beginning of the ride. Otherwise, this looks nice.

I'll do but where do you think I should add the grey rods?

I think you can maybe get rid of the straight spot after the loop by tieing in the two pullin and pullout. Kinda like so
Posted Image
Anyways, you germans are always so great at knex. Awesome work!

Oh it looks a bit straight , well I'll fix that soon:) Thank you :)

Your pullout/pullins are quite small and the loop should be a little less round and more tear shaped (if you fix the loop it will fix your straight spot).
Other than that I'm loving this ride so far! Your lift looks the part and seems like it's quite strong, and I'm sure this coaster will look even more fantastic when the new train is on! :)

Oh the loop is tear shaped but every single night my fat cat runs against it and he bends it😕
yeah I have do figure a lot of things out for the train but I'm gonna finish it soon:)

You've nailed the tube supports. They look beautiful and perfectly placed. Carry on sir.

Thanks a lot gentleman :)

Everything is shaped really good. It's proportional.

Thank you STIG:)

#28 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

You dont necessarily have to add grey rods, just something to make the transitions more consistent and smother. Might be that the loop is a little to wide on the bottom, which isn't a huge issue but might help if you made it more teardrop shaped.

#29 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

This is beautiful. I'm speechless.

Thanks a lot:)

You dont necessarily have to add grey rods, just something to make the transitions more consistent and smother. Might be that the loop is a little to wide on the bottom, which isn't a huge issue but might help if you made it more teardrop shaped.

Ohhhh I see , ok yeah I will fix that now :)

#30 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

I'm not so sure about the pull-in for the loop, it looks to small and sharp. If you make the last support on the green track a bit smaller you should be perfect. This coaster really is amazing so far though. Keep it up!

#31 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

well I think I have to built the loop again cuz I think the pull-in and -out should be more like this one here:
Posted Image

I'm not so sure about the pull-in for the loop, it looks to small and sharp. If you make the last support on the green track a bit smaller you should be perfect. This coaster really is amazing so far though. Keep it up!

or just a new loop like that one above.

here are my results for today after fixing some stuff at the dive loop

Posted Image
Posted Image

I planned to finish the loop,station and first curve in the next few days and I'll start working on my train cuz that one is of importance too.

#32 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

After hours of helping my mom by some stuff I had time left
to work on the pullout of the drop and on the whole loop( yes i rebuild the whole loop)

Here my results of today hope the pullout is better and the loop has a good shape.
Posted Image
Posted Image

well, that looks to be quite comfty:D
Posted Image

And I even managed to connect the loop ground to the drop ground better than before :)

Posted Image

Leave a comment or some suggestions

#33 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

Yes, much better. And for the dive loop, look up Rougarou/Mantis at Cedar Point. Yours seems to go inverted to fast, on most B&M's they don't completely go inverted. But if you want to move on then you can because it still looks really good.

#34 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

Good improvement! Tim had a good point on the dive loop, it goes inverted too quickly, and it appears really round as well (edit: look at your signature for a reference). Loop looks great and so does your new valley. An overview photo would be nice. I think some of your footers could be stronger, they appear weak, maybe a test would help to conclude. You're going to grow so well in your future if you keep this up!

Edited by Mister Piglette, 31 July 2015 - 09:01 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#35 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:01 AM

Yes, much better. And for the dive loop, look up Rougarou/Mantis at Cedar Point. Yours seems to go inverted to fast, on most B&M's they don't completely go inverted. But if you want to move on then you can because it still looks really good.

I see what you mean ok I try to improve that quick.

Good improvement! Tim had a good point on the dive loop, it goes inverted too quickly, and it appears really round as well (edit: look at your signature for a reference). Loop looks great and so does your new valley. An overview photo would be nice. I think some of your footers could be stronger, they appear weak, maybe a test would help to conclude. You're going to grow so well in your future if you keep this up!

After improving and connecting the dive loop back to the rest I'll do a 2nd test video:)

#36 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

In the last few days I worked on my custom train for this coaster so I post the same news in the thread of my train.

I removed all the white glue stuff and glued the parts I needed all together so I got a train out of all the black wheel parts.
There are no seats so far but I try to finish the train in the next couple days

here's a pic of the train in loop

Posted Image

and here is an overview pic of the whole coaster so far:)

Posted Image

I'm not gonna have much time in the next 2 days so leave a comment or some suggestions and ideas for next elements:)

#37 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

Dude, Epic Zero-G-Roll over the station or under/over the lift hill! Then a helix to the brake run/station. :)

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#38 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

Very smooth and B&M'ish. I like it a lot! There really isn't much to say but wow, the colors are nice too. :)

Signature not available 

#39 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

The pullout from the dive loop seems a bit small but it looks very good other than that! You seem to be keeping speed very well too. A 0 g roll next would be cool, but you definitely have enough speed to do more than that.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#40 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Please, please, please get rid of the green rods in the loop. There are 3 specific straight spots that are caused by those, and I think they are unnecessary in general. Everything else looks good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, b&m floorless, custom car, floorless, summer