fahrenheit helmut

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Nice job on the Norwegian loop Helmut. Looking forward to the next elements.

Posted Image

#22 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

That Norwegian Loop made a pee come out when I first saw it. Looks fantastic. :D

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#23 Jacob060

Jacob060

Construction Worker

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

Wow! That is one nice Norwegian loop!:)

#24 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

This has some of the greatest shaping I've ever seen! Pictures 4 and 6 are my favorite :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#25 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

Looks pretty good I think u should clean your trains and lube them tbh. They seem kind if slow and loud in the video. The speed concerns me too that front chain dog could be the problem for slowing the train down who knows? Whys the placement between those two supports after the loop so far from eachother lol?

#26 W5WAC0sTerS

W5WAC0sTerS

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

This looks amazing! You did a Wonderful job, sir! Keep it up!

#27 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm amazed that you got such a complex element spot on with those minimalistic supports.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#28 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

The Cobra Roll will be a decisive element and I am aware that Fahrenheit is a tough coaster to recreate, but no guts no glory!

A very American phrase from a very Dutch man. ;)

The revised lifthill design looks sleek. I am a fan of this and it seems (and from what you've said) to run great, with or without the train.

The Norwegian Loop... Gah! It is beyond flawless. Every angle shown makes the element look better and better. The heartlining, executed with grey rods may I mind you, looks absolutely incredible. You've mastered it on the entrance of the roll and only perfected it in recreating it again for the exit. My favorite shots of the element are the ones that really show-off the heartlining. The supports are incredible and only add to the aesthetics of the ride. They look very strong, yet appear to be as minimalistic as possible (which I love).

The drop looks great too. I know that you haven't changed a thing, but your "revised lifthill" shot made me realize just how smooth the shaping on the drop is. I envy your building skill!

Wonderful, wonderful work. Good luck on speed and I look forward to seeing the cobra roll. (thumbsup)

Edited by Jumpge, 10 August 2015 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

#29 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:58 AM

That's some of the best shaping I've ever seen. So smooth and consistent with not a flaw to be found. The speed loss could be interesting but at least you have some decent height to play with.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#30 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

My dude, that looks beautiful. Norwegian loops are hard to shape, and you've nailed it.

#31 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

I love Norwegian Loops. You've executed it very nicely.

#32 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:02 PM

I am not easily impressed, but I am now.

All praise our lord of K'nex coasters!

#33 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

[quote name='JayketheKid']Wow. Looks perfect. Seriously, that's all I can say, perfect. Man, that makes me really want to build with knex. To bad I am out of town right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Pegasus13792']wow it looks great it can't wait for the rest of the ride[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Spaghetti']IT'S BEAUTIFUL.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks!

[quote name='soggyhotdoggg']Beautifully shaped. I'm a bit concerned with the speed at which the train made the loop though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Yes, I was a little concerned as well, but my train is starting to perform better and better.

[quote name='Rollerfreak987']I see you've learned a thing or two from Jumpge, looking at the mound of pieces in the back there.

But in all seriousness, the Norwegian loop looks fantastic. The real ride has a bit of bank to the right and then it dives left, but that is far to minuscule to fix/complain about, even though I kinda did :P.

EDIT: Why do you have the rubber band around the chain dog if the chain is horizontal when the car catches on?[/QUOTE]

Haha, Elijah had a huge pile of K'NEX in the background with every start of a new coaster as well. Thanks! Yes, you are right, but it was nearly impossible to shape the track like that with grey rods. If the rubber band would not be there, the train would have problems hooking up the chain on the pull-in of the lifthill. The rubberband is unnecessary on the rest of the lifthill.

[quote name='Connector1o1']Yeah, I was going to comment that.^
The loop does bank right a little bit before descending to the left, it creates quite a sensation and looks really cool. It would be amazing to see you fit that in there, but I think it would be hard to do such a small twist that goes in the opposite direction, then dives the other way with tubes. If you could by any chance get that in it would look even better.
But everything else looks spot on! Although I am worried that you might have to use a booster to complete the layout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Although the pull-outs on this coaster are perfect for a booster, I will not use one.

[quote name='MrRemcoStyle']Nice job on the Norwegian loop Helmut. Looking forward to the next elements.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='-=Zach=-']That Norwegian Loop made a pee come out when I first saw it. Looks fantastic. :D[/QUOTE]

Uh well, I am glad to hear that you like it. :P

[quote name='Jacob060']Wow! That is one nice Norwegian loop!:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Mister Piglette']This has some of the greatest shaping I've ever seen! Pictures 4 and 6 are my favorite :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='IOAgeek']Looks pretty good I think u should clean your trains and lube them tbh. They seem kind if slow and loud in the video. The speed concerns me too that front chain dog could be the problem for slowing the train down who knows? Whys the placement between those two supports after the loop so far from eachother lol?[/QUOTE]

The train sounds a lot louder on the video than it does in real. I recently lubed my train, so it should perform better with every update. The chaindog does not touch the track, so it will not slow down the train.

[quote name='W5WAC0sTerS']This looks amazing! You did a Wonderful job, sir! Keep it up![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='IonZer0']Absolutely gorgeous. I'm amazed that you got such a complex element spot on with those minimalistic supports.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Jumpge']A very American phrase from a very Dutch man. ;)

The revised lifthill design looks sleek. I am a fan of this and it seems (and from what you've said) to run great, with or without the train.

The Norwegian Loop... Gah! It is beyond flawless. Every angle shown makes the element look better and better. The heartlining, executed with grey rods may I mind you, looks absolutely incredible. You've mastered it on the entrance of the roll and only perfected it in recreating it again for the exit. My favorite shots of the element are the ones that really show-off the heartlining. The supports are incredible and only add to the aesthetics of the ride. They look very strong, yet appear to be as minimalistic as possible (which I love).

The drop looks great too. I know that you haven't changed a thing, but your "revised lifthill" shot made me realize just how smooth the shaping on the drop is. I envy your building skill!

Wonderful, wonderful work. Good luck on speed and I look forward to seeing the cobra roll. (thumbsup)[/QUOTE]

Haha, guts over fear! ;)

The lifthill runs reliably and I have no problems with it whatsoever. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='CW5X']That's some of the best shaping I've ever seen. So smooth and consistent with not a flaw to be found. The speed loss could be interesting but at least you have some decent height to play with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! There is indeed quite some speed loss, but fortunately I still have a good bit of height left.

[quote name='Cobra Roller']My dude, that looks beautiful. Norwegian loops are hard to shape, and you've nailed it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It was indeed a challenging element to build, but it turned out well.

[quote name='The Stig']I love Norwegian Loops. You've executed it very nicely.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Stig!

[quote name='GravitySnake']I am not easily impressed, but I am now.

All praise our lord of K'nex coasters![/QUOTE]

Oh well haha!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This afternoon I finished the Cobra Roll. I estimate that the Cobra Roll is half the height of the Lifthill, so there has been quite a bit of speed loss. However, I still have a nice amount of height left for the two Corkscrews and the other elements. What I discoverd during the construction of the Cobra Roll that - in general - the supporting on Fahrenheit is really funky. It makes building the supports much more fun than on other coasters.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The second Test Video!

:)

Posted Image

#34 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

Helmer!!!! What have I told you about your shaping? Stop making it so perfect so everyone else can appreciate what they've built as well. Gosh. You can keep telling some people, jeez. :P

Good to see that the speed loss isn't turning out to be an issue really. Bodes well for the rest of the ride.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#35 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

Well Helmut, this looks so good like all your other coaster that its not normal anymore! Nice job on the cobra roll. This is a thread you don't want to miss :)

Posted Image

#36 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Wonderful update. I am very happy to see that you have speed through the lovely cobra roll. My only complaint is that there is a sharp spot in the transition from grey rods to flexis, noticeable in the fifth picture. After the sharp spot, it appears the track is a little straight. Other than that, I'm very happy to see test videos with each update, especially on this one where showing the speed is very crucial.

Posted Image

#37 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

OMG COBRA ROLL I LOVE IT.

#38 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

Woah my gosh.

It's fabulous.

Spoiler

Keep going, good sir!

Edited by GravitySnake, 19 August 2015 - 11:28 AM.
FABULOUS

#39 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

Helmer!!!! What have I told you about your shaping? Stop making it so perfect so everyone else can appreciate what they've built as well. Gosh. You can keep telling some people, jeez. :P

Good to see that the speed loss isn't turning out to be an issue really. Bodes well for the rest of the ride.

I am sorry, I will do my best to do worse. ;)

Thank you, I am glad that I still have some height to work with.

Well Helmut, this looks so good like all your other coaster that its not normal anymore! Nice job on the cobra roll. This is a thread you don't want to miss :)

Thanks, stay tuned for every new update!

Wonderful update. I am very happy to see that you have speed through the lovely cobra roll. My only complaint is that there is a sharp spot in the transition from grey rods to flexis, noticeable in the fifth picture. After the sharp spot, it appears the track is a little straight. Other than that, I'm very happy to see test videos with each update, especially on this one where showing the speed is very crucial.

Thank you! This update does not include a test video, but the next one will.

OMG COBRA ROLL I LOVE IT.

It is not a surprise that the Cobra Roller loves this Cobra Roll. ;)

Woah my gosh.

It's fabulous.

Spoiler

Keep going, good sir!

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first Corkscrew is done. The presence of the Norwegian Loop made it a lot harder to support and shape the Corkscrew properly. The train clears the Corkscrew with a nice pace.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:D

Posted Image

#40 Coupe

Coupe