fahrenheit helmut

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

The exit seems a bit off, but other than that, WOAH MY GOSH IT'S SO F(locked)G PERFECTLY AWESOMELY EPIC.

NO WORDS CAN APTLY DESCRIBE THE WIN OF THIS CREATION. ATTEMPTING TO DO SO MAY CAUSE SEVERE AND/OR PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE.

[insanity while voices sing from above intensifies]

also test vid plz

Edited by GravitySnake, 23 August 2015 - 01:38 PM.
HALLELUJAH

#42 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

^ ......

You're still keeping on-par with the perfect execution of elements, Helmer. You actually make Fahrenheit more beautiful than in person.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#43 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Glad you like my previous post, LaMbChOpZ.

Edited by GravitySnake, 23 August 2015 - 02:10 PM.
Dat . . . tho

#44 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

Hooray! That looks fantastic :D! It's a shame that straight spot is actually in the layout though... I feel like a whole lot of speed is lost in that transition.

Posted Image

#45 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

The exit of the corkscrew might need some tweaking; it'll probably be fine once you build the second one. Everything else looks phenomenal. The wrapping around of the other supports is impressive.

#46 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Woah it looks pretty fantastic, I very much like this recreation. I can't believe it makes it through all of that, if you continue to shape and support it this nicely I think you can finish it without any other means of propulsion.

Signature not available 

#47 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

Sorry for the miny bump but I forgot to comment on this saying that this is thing out as a very nice coaster Helmur! I love the speed through each element, I think you can make it. Make sure the brake run is very realistic and works efficiently. Will you being using two trains for this, and what material did you use for that chain guide thing at the bottom of the lift, I've always wanted to make on of those before but never knew how.

#48 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

Absolutely stunning! Love it.

Thank you!

The exit seems a bit off, but other than that, WOAH MY GOSH IT'S SO F(locked)G PERFECTLY AWESOMELY EPIC.

NO WORDS CAN APTLY DESCRIBE THE WIN OF THIS CREATION. ATTEMPTING TO DO SO MAY CAUSE SEVERE AND/OR PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE.

[insanity while voices sing from above intensifies]

also test vid plz

Since the last update I worked a bit more on the exit, so I hope it looks al little better now. There will be a testvideo in this update!

^ ......

You're still keeping on-par with the perfect execution of elements, Helmer. You actually make Fahrenheit more beautiful than in person.

Thanks! That is the biggest compliment I can possibly get!  :D

Glad you like my previous post, LaMbChOpZ.

I like the enthousiasm.  :lol:

Hooray! That looks fantastic :D! It's a shame that straight spot is actually in the layout though... I feel like a whole lot of speed is lost in that transition.

Thank you! The straight spot is indeed very funky, it is a shame that they did not fit an airhill in there. 

The exit of the corkscrew might need some tweaking; it'll probably be fine once you build the second one. Everything else looks phenomenal. The wrapping around of the other supports is impressive.

Thank you! The exit indeed started the look better once I completed the second corkscrew. 

Woah it looks pretty fantastic, I very much like this recreation. I can't believe it makes it through all of that, if you continue to shape and support it this nicely I think you can finish it without any other means of propulsion.

My goal is to complete this recreation without the help of boosters, and it looks like I will!  :)

Sorry for the miny bump but I forgot to comment on this saying that this is thing out as a very nice coaster Helmur! I love the speed through each element, I think you can make it. Make sure the brake run is very realistic and works efficiently. Will you being using two trains for this, and what material did you use for that chain guide thing at the bottom of the lift, I've always wanted to make on of those before but never knew how.

Thanks! I think I will only use one train for this, the orange one is not nearly as good as the black one. The material that has been used for the chain guide is thin flexible plastic. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to college construction went slower than usual the last couple of months, but I finally have the opportunity to update! The second corkscrew and turnaround are done and the train has a decent speed through every element. 

DSCN9357_zps2agbzxuf.jpg

The turnaround, which is two grey rods tall and goes through the structure of the lifthill

DSCN9360_zps0el1nhv4.jpg

DSCN9358_zpsbbgs29xa.jpg

DSCN9362_zpsijvzncfl.jpg

DSCN9363_zpsgabqgwvr.jpg

Overviews of the turnaround and second corkscrew

DSCN9361_zpso4zllxxe.jpg

DSCN9359_zpsjz044uzo.jpg

A semi-overview of the two corkscrews and the turnaround

DSCN9364_zpsdgzipqmd.jpg

An overview of the entire coaster

The testvideo, as promised:

:D

Posted Image

#49 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

• 5251 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

I can't even nitpick anything, it's about as flawless as you can get. Will the rubber band on the front car be replaced with a more elegant solution? That's really my only complaint.

Edited by DDRman732865, 11 October 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#50 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

I'm impressed with the height you've been able to maintain through out the layout. Though there are not many, the elements are very speed-consuming, so I am pleased to see it clear this final turn and still have an okay height! Great work Helmer, the second corkscrew looks just as great as the first and the turn around is very smooth.

Posted Image

#51 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:22 AM

I have seen this in real life, I nearly fainted by its greatness.

Posted Image

#52 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

This is unbelieveable...and it makes it all the way through that layout with tubes and a three car train.

#53 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:24 AM

This is crazy. It's not a particularly easy layout to complete but you are nailing it.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#54 Coupe

Coupe

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:39 AM

The pacing looks brilliant to me - amazed at the way it flows!

#55 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

This is just a beautiful coaster! Anytime I check this out, it makes me really want to build!

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#56 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:59 PM

I can't even nitpick anything, it's about as flawless as you can get. Will the rubber band on the front car be replaced with a more elegant solution? That's really my only complaint.

Thank you! Perhaps I can find a way to make the rubberband less noticeable, for example by painting it black. The rubberband itself will stay though. 

I'm impressed with the height you've been able to maintain through out the layout. Though there are not many, the elements are very speed-consuming, so I am pleased to see it clear this final turn and still have an okay height! Great work Helmer, the second corkscrew looks just as great as the first and the turn around is very smooth.

Thanks! The elements are indeed very speed-consuming and it was hard to maintain speed and height during the construction of Fahrenheit. I was glad that I still had some height left for the airhill and inclined brake run. 

I have seen this in real life, I nearly fainted by its greatness.

You liar. :D

This is unbelieveable...and it makes it all the way through that layout with tubes and a three car train.

Thanks a lot! Yes, it really does!

This is crazy. It's not a particularly easy layout to complete but you are nailing it.

Thanks! A lay-out with a Norwegian Loop, Cobra Roll and Double Corkscrew is not an easy one to complete, so I am very happy with the result! :)

The pacing looks brilliant to me - amazed at the way it flows!

Thanks!

This is just a beautiful coaster! Anytime I check this out, it makes me really want to build!

Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 113 days of construction I can finally say: Mission Accomplished!

DSCN9395_zpscfom1s0s.jpg

DSCN9394_zpsoxrzmkqe.jpg

DSCN9396_zpsck1hinva.jpg

DSCN9398_zpstphuwzni.jpg

DSCN9397_zpsk8ewv1nh.jpg

DSCN9399_zpsc1ux9n0v.jpg

DSCN9402_zpsnufch7cz.jpg

DSCN9400_zpsujo7ooyo.jpg

DSCN9401_zpsanv7388h.jpg

DSCN9403_zpswacnkehw.jpg

Photos of the Airhill, Brake Run, Station and Pre-Lift Tire Drive Section. 

DSCN9404_zps83gdg2pu.jpg

Stairs have been added to the Lifthill. 

DSCN9405_zps6hyc1sdl.jpg

An overview of everything that has been added since the last update. 

Panorama_zpsyahluk3l.jpg

An overview of the entire coaster. The panorama photo has been shot by my phone. 

The Final Video will be made soon!

:D

• G Force likes this

Posted Image

#57 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

I'm in complete awe with this recreation... I don't think it could've been pulled off better! Thank you for recreating this, haha! You did very much justice to this coaster. I cannot wait for this final video. To put it into perspective, I'm looking more forward to watching this final video than celebrating my birthday.

Posted Image

#58 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

This is easily among the very best recreations I've ever seen. Amazing job.

#59 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

• 5251 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

I love all the extra detail that you put in, it really accentuates the amazing shaping you already had. I'm quite fond of the pattern of the roof in particular.

#60 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:44 AM

So much detail and incredible shaping. The recreation is oh-so strong with this one. Great work.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum